Suckskatchewan @ Champs PGT

JCon

Just now, TrueBlue4ever said:

They mentioned the suspension in the article. Also said he was “snubbed” in not getting an all-star nom, ignoring who he lost out to. 

They didn't mention anywhere in the article the reason for his suspension, unless you can point that out? 

On 2021-11-28 at 8:05 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

Not sure why this is funny.  Combines?  Manitoba has a lot of combines too.  Growing up and playing a lot of hockey in Winnipeg we'd always get told to get on our combines, as we were from outside Winnipeg, and I'd be like, sure, but it's not even harvest season, what are you stupid?  

Let's stick with inbred jokes and lack of plumbing jokes when it comes to the Riders.  Having spent enough time in that province, I know these jokes to be based in a lot of truth...lol...

Take a look at a geographical map. Farmland is tiny in Manitoba compared to the flatland. Way more combines in Saskyland. Manitoba is mainly rocks, trees and water. 

1 minute ago, Fan Boy said:

Take a look at a geographical map. Farmland is tiny in Manitoba compared to the flatland. Way more combines in Saskyland. Manitoba is mainly rocks, trees and water. 

While I've lived pretty much everywhere in MB south of The Pas, the bolded will always be how I see Manitoba, too. 

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I think you guys look way too hard sometimes to find Rider media bias where it doesn’t really exist.

Why would they mention the reason for his suspension? PEDs lead to the increased likelihood of injuries.

But, 3Down is not a news site, it's just a fan site, so I should expect less. 

34 minutes ago, JCon said:

Why would they mention the reason for his suspension? PEDs lead to the increased likelihood of injuries.

But, 3Down is not a news site, it's just a fan site, so I should expect less. 

Maybe it wouldn't matter as much if their media and fans did not rip/and continue to disparage Harris.

Context matters

5 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

So any thoughts on keys to the game? Here are mine:

Offence:

Winnipeg

Blue offense: complete some passes downfield early.  I think this is the entire key to the Blue offense, that quick-strike ability. Every one of our receivers caught deep passes this season, even field-side exile Wolitarski. Force the green D to cover the entire field, force them to take men out of the box, leave them shorthanded against our ground assault.

Blue D...play good contain like you would against any mobile QB, don't let Fajardo run around, punish him if he does.  You want a template for this, look at what the Riders did to Streveler in last year's final, he was a beast in the cup and in the semifinal, but the Riders did a great job against him ...  though I bet that Faj has a way deeper playbook than Streveler had so maybe that's not a good example.

question for football people: would it be a good call to dedicate Bighill to spy Fajardo?  We do so many things with Bighill in coverage that it feels like we're giving away a lot to shackle him to the QB like that. Could the spy duties be handled by any other linebacker or even Alexander, who moves around a bunch?  Or is our DL strong enough and disciplined enough to corral the slippery green QB without any special arrangements?

47 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Leonard's injury is interesting. Purifoy hurt an ankle today too but believe he came back to practice. Johnson was a DNP yesterday, Duke is a little banged up and Dearborn who played LB last week is also banged up. 

Not that I will defend Rider Nation or its players, but Micah Johnson lost his father a couple weeks back and was attending/doing a family virtual yesterday. I will respect. 

40 minutes ago, Noeller said:

You don't do anything different from what you did during the two games this summer/fall.......they know how to beat these assholes. Just go do it again. 

Jason maas and the riders wont run out the same game plan. We will make plenty of adjustments and changes. But as long as fajardo cant throw 15 yards down field, or win a game while standing in the pocket I think we will see that be the basis again. 

Last week he didnt get sacked once. And threw 4 picks and 1 td. Against an ok cal defense. 5 minutes of collaros and way to much dru brown was better than CF. This is one of the most lopsided W finals Ive seen in a long time.