Suckskatchewan @ Champs PGT

JCon

You cannot be detained without being chartered and cautioned. That essentially makes it an arrest. Even on an IPDA it goes as an arrest on your police contact file. Not trying to split hairs, but you cannot detain someone without placing them under arrest. Even for questioning. Arresting does not necessarily have to lead to charges but it must be executed in order to legally detain a person. The only way a person can be detained is if RICE is not satisfied, or for public safety reasons. 

Edited by GCn20

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

You cannot be detained without being chartered and cautioned. That essentially makes it an arrest. Even on an IPDA it goes as an arrest on your police contact file. Not trying to split hairs, but you cannot detain someone without placing them under arrest. Even for questioning. Arresting does not necessarily have to lead to charges but it must be executed in order to legally detain a person. The only way a person can be detained is if RICE is not satisfied, or for public safety reasons. 

hey - Andrew Harris is back - we've all moved on.....

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

What I was saying.

Also "custody" is arrest.

But we are moving on.

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Fair enough. Though I seriously doubt he'd be getting 1st team reps (As per Ed Tait) if they weren't planning on dressing him game day.

I agree, but I remember pre-season where he came out for an hour, then shut it down. Also remember him skipping a whole week’s worth of practice and then showing up ready to go on game day. I am very happy he is dressed for practice, now want to see him get through practice, come back tomorrow, Friday, etc. and then run out with the starting offence Sunday. Paranoia and disappointment comes easy to Bomber fans, so baby steps for me. 

But this is a lot better than not seeing him out there today for sure. I am celebrating that step - quietly. 

10 minutes ago, JCon said:

It's not like he hasn't been working out. Guaranteed he's tested that knee many times. The concern would be the lateral movement and any damage he could do there, if it's not healed "enough". 

Yeah, it's the cuts and stuff, right? Cutting/pivoting left or right....seems to me that's the most trying thing on a knee.