Suckskatchewan @ Champs PGT

JCon

3 hours ago, Geebrr said:

You are drunk and belligerent at minimum. Not an innocent bystander.

They would tell you to go home. Being drunk at Earls isn't landing you in jail.

Trust me.

Lots of assumptions being made by you here about his state. It is possible that if someone accused you of an assault (which is what has been reported), you would be detained, and when the video evidence shows otherwise (which has also been reported) you would be released without charge, and that could still take a few hours. Trust me on that. 

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Lots of assumptions being made by you here about his state. It is possible that if someone accused you of an assault (which is what has been reported), you would be detained, and when the video evidence shows otherwise (which has also been reported) you would be released without charge, and that could still take a few hours. Trust me on that. 

I am not playing thia game with you.

43 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

That’s the thing. I don’t see this as a game. 

I am going to leave it at this because I am not engaging with this "you are making assumptions" ****.

It is not an assumption that he got arrested. It is not an assumption that he was not allowed to go home, but rather that the police felt the need to take him into custody for the night.

It is not an assumption that a "'friend" of his is now charged with assault and they are the only two out of a group removed/detained.

If you think this is a normal outcome of being upset that your meal was taking too long, or that you a got a little loud in a restaurant, like is being presented here  then I would say that is very naive.

I don't think that he committed a serious offence, but it is definitely more than what was presented today. 

Edited by Geebrr

You guys are nuts lol 

Lawler got a DUI and the only thing most people wanted to talk about around here was “good on him for being forthcoming about it”

Purifoy probably didn’t do a damn thing other than land himself in the drunk tank for a night. He wasn’t charged with a crime, he got put in timeout because he was probably amped up about the situation and needed the time to chill out. He was forthcoming to the Riders about it, they addressed it and everyone should move on. I know it’s in style to just automatically hate everything about the Riders no matter what but let’s be honest, this is way way WAY less significant than what Lawler did. 

Suspend Purifoy a total of 0 games and let’s just heckle him on Sunday instead.

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

You guys are nuts lol 

Lawler got a DUI and the only thing most people wanted to talk about around here was “good on him for being forthcoming about it”

Purifoy probably didn’t do a damn thing other than land himself in the drunk tank for a night. He wasn’t charged with a crime, he got put in timeout because he was probably amped up about the situation and needed the time to chill out. He was forthcoming to the Riders about it, they addressed it and everyone should move on. I know it’s in style to just automatically hate everything about the Riders no matter what but let’s be honest, this is way way WAY less significant than what Lawler did. 

Suspend Purifoy a total of 0 games and let’s just heckle him on Sunday instead.

Well I am not sure who you talking about in regards to Lawler. I know I said that he deserves everything he got and his troubles are far from over. 

I am not saying he committed a crime, but if you think he got taken into police custody for being loud or "amped up" as a nothing incident then I think you are nuts.

He clearly crossed a line to where police thought he was a threat to others or himself.

I never said he should be suspended and don't rhink he needs to be based on what we know.

I don't believe he just happened to be around and got taken to jail for zero reason.

56 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Just a random Sask person on Twitter but posting for the lolz.. 

It's cute that they don't think the Bombers have improved since they convincingly trounced the riders in September. (Don't need to rely on close wins when you just get big leads). Stove on the line, Wilson in the linebacking corps, added rose to the secondary. Yeah any way you slice it the only way the Bombers lose 8s if they get sloppy with the ball.

9 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Well I am not sure who you talking about in regards to Lawler. I know I said that he deserves everything he got and his troubles are far from over. 

I am not saying he committed a crime, but if you think he got taken into police custody for being loud or "amped up" as a nothing incident then I think you are nuts.

He clearly crossed a line to where police thought he was a threat to others or himself.

I never said he should be suspended and don't rhink he needs to be based on what we know.

I don't believe he just happened to be around and got taken to jail for zero reason.

You say clearly he crossed a line, but really it’s not clear at all.

The story as it’s being presented makes complete sense. Purifoy agitated in public, Purifoy suspected of potentially being involved in an assault, Purifoy detained while they sort out the details, Purifoy cleared of all wrongdoing, Purifoy released.

This is not like AC Leonard claiming he’s got stage fright, the story makes a world of sense the way it was explained and I really have no reason to not believe it. Hate on the Riders all you want, their current management team handles this stuff properly - public support for the player, private accountability. If Purifoy did anything beyond what is claimed, there’s really no reason to believe he wouldn’t have been held accountable, especially given his prior run-ins with the law before coming to the CFL. 

14 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm not sure anyone has suggested he was arrested for no reason. He was drunk, likely ran his mouth a bit too much and ended up in the drunk tank and then was released in the did someome

15 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm not sure anyone has suggested he was arrested for no reason. He was drunk, likely ran his mouth a bit too much and ended up in the drunk tank and then was released in the am. It happens every weekend in every city.

. It happens every weekend in every city.

I never said it didn't. I find his involvement mostly hilarious from a fan of the team he is playing this weekend. 

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

You say clearly he crossed a line, but really it’s not clear at all.

The story as it’s being presented makes complete sense. Purifoy agitated in public, Purifoy suspected of potentially being involved in an assault, Purifoy detained while they sort out the details, Purifoy cleared of all wrongdoing, Purifoy released.

This is not like AC Leonard claiming he’s got stage fright, the story makes a world of sense the way it was explained and I really have no reason to not believe it. Hate on the Riders all you want, their current management team handles this stuff properly - public support for the player, private accountability. If Purifoy did anything beyond what is claimed, there’s really no reason to believe he wouldn’t have been held accountable, especially given his prior run-ins with the law before coming to the CFL. 

The story is he got agitated and taken to the drunk tank rather than told to go home. 

Yes, I believe more happened than he was loud. 

Regardless of common popular belief the police are not trying to get in the news and they surely knew who he was. 

43 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm not sure anyone has suggested he was arrested for no reason. He was drunk, likely ran his mouth a bit too much and ended up in the drunk tank and then was released in the am. It happens every weekend in every city.

It may be splitting hairs to some, but there are very key legal distinctions between being “arrested” and being “detained”, and also being in”jail” versus being in a “holding cell”. It is possible that a witness or suspect is placed in a holding cell while evidence is being gathered, and is detained without ever being placed under arrest. And the club has not come out and said it is a “nothing incident”, they have acknowledged it is a breach of their personal conduct. One that did not rise to criminal conduct. Was he drunk? No one who knows one way or another has said. By what we do know and what he has admitted, was he foolish? Absolutely. But Mike is correct that we should not assume it is more or less than what we know, and go out of our way to label it a “disgrace” and overstate what it is in an attempt to denigrate the Rider organization or its players with potentially false assumptions just because it is the Riders. If there is more to the story that is newsworthy or actionable by the league or will come out. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

6 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

It may be splitting hairs to some, but there are very key legal distinctions between being “arrested” and being “detained”, and also being in”jail” versus being in a “holding cell”. It is possible that a witness or suspect is placed in a holding cell while evidence is being gathered, and is detained without ever being placed under arrest. And the club has not come out and said it is a “nothing incident”, they have acknowledged it is a breach of their personal conduct. One that did not rise to criminal conduct. Was he drunk? No one who knows one way or another has said. By what we do know and what he has admitted, was he foolish? Absolutely. But Mike is correct that we should not assume it is more or less than what we know, and go out of our way to label is a “disgrace” and overstate what it is in an attempt to denigrate the Rider organization or its players with potentially false assumptions just because it is the Riders. If there is more to the story that is newsworthy or actionable by the league or will come out. 

Was he drunk? I mean … OBVIOUSLY lol