Suckskatchewan @ Champs PGT

JCon

1 hour ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Apparently the last time the Riders played the Bombers in Winnipeg in the west final was 1972 to go on to the Grey Cup in Hamilton. That was the legendary missed FG followed by a bunch or kicks in and out of the end zone leading to a Rider win. Let’s hope history is more on our side this time!

https://youtu.be/Pmm6lGbdsOk

Speedflex has only relived the agony of those last few minutes on these forums oh, about 100 times at least.  Thankfully my Bomber memories only start kicking in around 1980 so I have no knowledge of that game.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

Well might as well be the one contrarian here...thought Fajardo played well using his legs and the short to intermediate pass is his game. Couple of bad picks that he overcame. I never like to underestimate an opponent and Sask will have no pressure on them. Tough game for us but i know MOS will have us as ready as we can be..  

18 minutes ago, White Out said:

When should the game be over? I'm trying to figure out how  long it will take to get from the stadium to the arena. Seriously considering re selling my Leafs/Jets tix after that **** tonight.

There is a shuttle arranged by the club to run straight to the arena from the stadium. Game should be done by 6, hockey starts at 7. 

8 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Their leader put that narrative out there during the TSN broadcast.

They are following their orders to protect the QB (someone has to on and off the field and it isn't happening on it).

Suitor said in the first half that it was all on Fajardo for locking in and staring down his receiver which he was doing. 

5 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Speedflex has only relived the agony of those last few minutes on these forums oh, about 100 times at least.  Thankfully my Bomber memories only start kicking in around 1980 so I have no knowledge of that game.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e476lv7oh7a6rlkj89uny

It WAS agony. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

17 hours ago, GCn20 said:

I think the Riders have a talented team but in the playoffs it comes down to whats in the players heart and in between their ears. Watching morons like Fajardo, Shaq Evans, Nick Marshall, and Ed Gainey lose composure on a regular basis I would say we have a massive advantage in that department. I mean really...Shaq Evans quit on his QB on Sunday...literally...Nick Marshall with a 15 yard roughing penalty has become a weekly occurrence,  Fajardo playing inconsistently from series to series, and Ed Gainey getting beat on a deep ball or two....these are weekly occurrences in Riderland this year and they occurred yesterday too. Do that against the Bombers and it will be a blowout. If Mitchell could hit the side of a barn this year the Riders would have gotten pasted yesterday. 

I’ve got a good amount of confidence in the Bombers this week, but there’s always a little doubt/what if thought in the back of my mind that others have mentioned. 

That said, the one thing I have confidence in is that Ed Gainey is going to take a moronic penalty or get badly beaten on a terrible read. 

7 minutes ago, BattleLevel said:

I’ve got a good amount of confidence in the Bombers this week, but there’s always a little doubt/what if thought in the back of my mind that others have mentioned. 

That said, the one thing I have confidence in is that Ed Gainey is going to take a moronic penalty or get badly beaten on a terrible read. 

Probably multiple times. 

Edited by GCn20

17 hours ago, JCon said:

Tried. They said she obviously lacks the cognitive capacity and the charges wouldn't stick. 

Wow....Noeller's revelations earlier, and now JCon coming out as the son of a Rider fan....I have new found respect for mental health awareness because of this thread. I mean we all have mommy issues to some degree....but a mother who is a Rider fan....that's gotta be tough.

13 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Honestly he is quickly getting into Henry Burris levels of leadership. When they win it's all rah rah team! Lose and under the bus everyone else goes.

Difference being Burris has actually backed up his talk at times and led his teams when it mattered. Fajardo has one MOP nomination and has had fat-head syndrome ever since.

9 hours ago, do or die said:

Most of the Rider big plays on O, consist mostly of Fajardo with the playground stuff.  Not sustainable....

Lemon's ejection at half-time really hindered the Stampeders' ability to contain Fajardo in the second half, IMO. 77 of his 89 rush yards came in the second half.

That being said, the Bombers' D-line is leaps and bounds ahead of the Stampeders' and we saw how woefully ineffective Fajardo was in both games during the season vs. WPG. There is nothing to suggest Sunday's game will be any different, especially with the crowd noise.

11 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Former Rider player and current Rider fan boy Zach Evans:

"Just put those 10 play drives together and make their (our) Defence beat us. I don't think they can."

I hate that franchise top to bottom. 

Where is this ridiculousness from?

I'm also going to assume he only watched the 2nd half of the Bombers last regular season game.

Edited by Bigblue204

The last two games of the year left a sour taste in my mouth.  I hope they come out on Sunday and set the tone right away. Don't let that Saskatchewan team off the mat.

Play smart physical football on both sides of the ball - punch them in the mouth (over and over again).

Let them know they have no business being in the same building with us.

10 hours ago, White Out said:

When should the game be over? I'm trying to figure out how  long it will take to get from the stadium to the arena. Seriously considering re selling my Leafs/Jets tix after that **** tonight.

My guess is with 5 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.

Edited by Wideleft