Suckskatchewan @ Champs PGT

JCon

10 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Now if Mullinder wanted to make a case for why the Riders will win, fine but the favourite is either crazy talk or pure homerism.

Seems like he’s confusing “the team most likely to win” with “team I like best” when defining favourite. 

On 2021-11-26 at 8:20 PM, Noeller said:

I don't think you can just let every kid in for free with a paid adult admission....without some major corporate help. You'd just lose way too much money. But hopefully they can do something SIMILAR next year. 

If they do it for a couple home games and the exhibition, if there is one, that would be brilliant.

17 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I don't see us getting official word on Harris until an hour before the game.

We will get a hint if he is on the 24 hour roster or not. Doesn't mean he'll play, but they would have to activate him off the 6 game IR to do so and I can't see why they would do that unless he's going in.

On 2021-11-22 at 8:15 AM, JCon said:

Long, long range weather (as of November 22): High -3, feels like -9. Wind 21. 

(as of November 24): High -11, feels like -18. Wind 26. 

(as of November 26): High -5, feels like -10. Wind 18, gusting 27.

(as of November 29): High -9, feels like -14, Wind 14, gusting 24. 

11 hours ago, Nolby said:

Momentum is momentum in the playoffs,it's how we won the cup in 2019. Granted,Sask didn't have our talent but you know no one was picking us to win in Calgary,Sask and vs Hamilton in the Cup.

I just don't think slinking out a win in the semifinal at home is as impressive as what winnipeg did in the 2019 semifinal. Bombers straight up dominated the 2nd half in calgary that year.  Riders held on for dear life as the stamps continued to give the game away.

From CFL.ca

WESTERN FINAL SPOTLIGHT

Saskatchewan Roughriders at Winnipeg Blue Bombers
IG Field
Sunday, December 5 at 4 p.m. ET

At a glance:

• Winnipeg has not hosted a Division Final since 2011 as a member of the East. The team last hosted the Western Final in 1972. This game will be a rematch of the 2019 Western Final when Winnipeg earned a 20-13 road victory.
  • Winnipeg is 40-19-2 (.672) at home in the playoffs.
  • Home teams in the Western Final are 27-20 (.575) since 1973.
  • Saskatchewan owns a 20-34-1 (.373) road record in the playoffs.
  • Winnipeg swept the season series 2-0.
  • The Roughriders and the Blue Bombers have met in the Western Final four times: 2019, 1972, 1966 and 1941. In 15 total playoff matchups, Winnipeg has won eight.
  • This will be Craig Dickenson’s third playoff game as a head coach (1-1); Mike O’Shea will be helming his seventh playoff game (3-3).
  • This will be Cody Fajardo’s third start in the playoffs (1-1); 
  • Zach Collaros will be starting in his fifth career playoff contest (3-1).
  • As starters, Fajardo is 2-3 against Winnipeg, while Zach Collaros is 5-3 against Saskatchewan.
  • William Powell rushed for 132 yards (5.2 yards per carry) in two games versus the Blue Bombers this season.
  • Nic Demski recorded eight receptions for 175 yards and a touchdown against the Riders in 2021. 
  • Deatrick Nichols tallied 13 tackles, a sack and an interception.

14 minutes ago, JCon said:

No turnovers, no problem. But, we need to make sure we protect the ball. Let the Riders get some turnovers and, all of sudden, it's a game. 

Indeed. But I don't think ZC will make the kind of throws we saw most of yesterday. And I don't think the Riders can cover both Lawler and Demski - they'll have to pick their poison. I am most concerned about turnovers on special teams - that's the only way I can see the Riders having a chance. 

4 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

On paper and logically I am saying we win, no problem. My heart or maybe its natural pessimisim is worried.

I'm relatively outspoken about being a high-function depressive and anxious person. I'm on meds and in therapy for it, and manage life pretty well, all things considered. But I absolutely still battle anxiety every day, and no matter how confident I am in something (like us beating the ever loving piss out of The Gappers next weekend) there is ALWAYS that little voice in the back of my mind going bonkers about "What if.......??!!!!!" All this to say, I totally hear you........but I still think we win this game handily. We're just far, FAR better than every other team in the league. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I just don't think slinking out a win in the semifinal at home is as impressive as what winnipeg did in the 2019 semifinal. Bombers straight up dominated the 2nd half in calgary that year.  Riders held on for dear life as the stamps continued to give the game away.

Watched the hilites twice last night. Fajardo made some horrible throws. As did BLM. I think we easily win by 15 or more. GO BLUE!!!! Although the  potential of not having 33 ,kinda worries me ....just a tad.