Suckskatchewan @ Champs PGT

JCon

33 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Let’s try to pass the time with some random topics and see if any discussion can come up. 

1. What is the most memorable dominant individual playoff performance people can think of? Some candidates are Bob Cameron’s 1988 Grey Cup, Greg Battle’s 2 INT Grey Cup in 1990, James Murphy vs the Lions in the 1984 West Final, Michael Richardson’s 200+ yard game in the 1992 East Final. Any others, and what made them so great?

2. What is the best fan sign you have ever seen in the stands? “Riders suck” was brilliant in that it appeared at a Bomber-Argo game, but what other creative signs have you seen? I have 3 that come to mind but will wait for others to chime in. 

Did you really make that list and forget to add Andrew Harris from 2019??

16 hours ago, JCon said:

Do you know what's good about the East Side?

You know what's great about the East side and the West side?... either way, you're at a Bomber game!

4 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I no longer think we are selling out this game

and even if tickets are sold, if the weather is as cold as predicted, people will stay home and watch on TV. We'll still get north of 20k, for sure, but 30k would be tough in a cold weather game...

1 hour ago, MOBomberFan said:

- Stegall's 4 TD 200+ yards on 4 catches is a good one

- Fred Reid destroying the BC D, 260 yards 10ypc

I watched that Fred Reid game in BC live.  It also was not a playoff game.  But it was fun to be there.  Fred would have had more yards but he got injured, and then Kelly put him back into the game after only two plays had happened, and then Fred went on a long run (and I think scored a TD), and so Wally threw a flag for illegal participation and the play was wiped out, snuffing out even more yards that Fred would have had that night.  Wally was right to throw the challenge flag, though I thought it was kind of a **** move.  

Edited by kelownabomberfan

1 hour ago, MOBomberFan said:

ahhh see I tune out most of what he says, my mistake

Didn’t realize my wife was posting here. 

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

Did you really make that list and forget to add Andrew Harris from 2019??

Just one of many from that game. Jefferson with 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles. Jeffcoat  with 2 sacks, forced fumble and a fumble recovery, Medlock with a record tying 6 field goals. Insane performances all around. 

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

Chris Garrett's 2011 final in what was supposed to be the last game at the old barn.

When he out stretched his hand to score the final TD to win the game, we thought it was the perfect send-off.

Great game that was. Just to nit pick a bit...that final touch down wasn't to win the game. It was just the rub it the ticats faces. That game was never in question.

27 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Great game that was. Just to nit pick a bit...that final touch down wasn't to win the game. It was just the rub it the ticats faces. That game was never in question.

You are right that it was not to win the game, but before that score, it was 13-7, so I don't know if I'd say it wasn't in question.

It was as time expired, which was the exciting part.

9 minutes ago, Jesse said:

You are right that it was not to win the game, but before that score, it was 13-7, so I don't know if I'd say it wasn't in question.

It was as time expired, which was the exciting part.

Sorry...are you guys talking about the 2011 East Final? We won that 19-3, so I'm not sure how it was 13-7 at one point....

Just watched the CFL recap video of that game on YT..... they scored a FG on their first drive, then nothing after that. Forgot that we knocked out KG5 relatively early in that game, so poor old Quentin Porter had to play most of it for Hamilton. Blech. No wonder they never scored again that game. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Just watched the CFL recap video of that game on YT..... they scored a FG on their first drive, then nothing after that. Forgot that we knocked out KG5 relatively early in that game, so poor old Quentin Porter had to play most of it for Hamilton. Blech. No wonder they never scored again that game. 

Conditions were also...less than ideal.

5 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Let’s try to pass the time with some random topics and see if any discussion can come up. 

1. What is the most memorable dominant individual playoff performance people can think of? Some candidates are Bob Cameron’s 1988 Grey Cup, Greg Battle’s 2 INT Grey Cup in 1990, James Murphy vs the Lions in the 1984 West Final, Michael Richardson’s 200+ yard game in the 1992 East Final. Any others, and what made them so great?

2. What is the best fan sign you have ever seen in the stands? “Riders suck” was brilliant in that it appeared at a Bomber-Argo game, but what other creative signs have you seen? I have 3 that come to mind but will wait for others to chime in. 

It wasnt during playoffs but me at Carlos & Murphys chicken wing happy hour a few weeks back was a truly dominant performance.

8 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I loved the conditions in that game. That's one of my favorite ways to watch Football live. Cold as all hell!! I remember my beer freezing in the cup and eating it like a slushy. 

come November that's the only way I remember drinking beer at football games, or elsewhere, on the Prairies.  Now of course since I've moved to the Worker's Paradise of BC I have different expectations...

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

My thoughts on the WSF....

We can only lose if we don't show up mentally and take the game off. The only team we might do that against is the Stamps. Therefore, I want the Riders to win the WSF as it pretty much guarantees our guys are all up for the game and therefore we are assured victory.

We'll probably also sell a few more tickets - I'll wager Wade M. is cheering for Calgary.