Game 21: @Flames

cut.jpg

Game Story : No surprise here as Jets have lost 6 in a row and are playing a team that's won 4 in a row and have not played in 4 days.

FWIW : After 20 games

2021/22  9-7-4 = 22pts 🤮
2020/21 13-6-1 = 27pts
2019/20 11-8-1 = 23pts
2018/19 12-6-2 = 26pts
2017/18 12-5-3 = 27pts

And this is after their best 10 game start to the season since coming back from Atlanta :o

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Just now, captaincanuck12 said:

All Manitoba women's final it's looking like!

Don't ask about the Men's Division.....what a ******* **** fest that is. The best MB men's curler is skipping a rink out of The Gap. Physically sick about it. 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Don't ask about the Men's Division.....what a ******* **** fest that is. The best MB men's curler is skipping a rink out of The Gap. Physically sick about it. 

I've never liked McEwen tbh.  He would run his mouth saying his team was the best chance to win a brier.   I would love it when Stoughton would beat him. Stoughton would go on to win the Brier and world championships that year.

Curling spoiler: Jones steals 2 in the 9th to go up 8-3.

Mike's 2010 team is the best team to never win a Brier. They were insanely good...probably the best team in the world at that time. But he had a major mind-**** at the Select each year, losing to much worse teams like Fowler, Stoughton or even Reider. Such a shame that they were never able to get over the hump. I think that team gets blown up good this spring after the season is done. Olympic quadrennial is over, so I think they blow it up, 'cause it ain't working. We've got a lot of really great young men's curlers coming up the pipeline, and hopefully we're not too far away from a Brier winner...

I'm going to continue the curling conversation because why not.  Yeah I know mcewen's a good curler... I just grew up watching Stoughton and loved it when he represented MB.  Only thing missing from his resume was an Olympic medal ...which came down to a measurement against Gushue .

Provincial pride aside, whoever wins Scotties/brier needs to win world's and Olympics.  Gold or bust:)

33 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I'm going to continue the curling conversation because why not.  Yeah I know mcewen's a good curler... I just grew up watching Stoughton and loved it when he represented MB.  Only thing missing from his resume was an Olympic medal ...which came down to a measurement against Gushue .

Provincial pride aside, whoever wins Scotties/brier needs to win world's and Olympics.  Gold or bust:)

Provincial pride is everything in curling. I hate the cashspiels where provincial association doesn't matter. Also hate guys/girls curling out of province. Blech. That's probably my favourite thing about curling...the provincial rivalry of it all. Absolutely ******* love that Saskatchewan's entire curling scene is a ******* mess. They have no good ladies teams and one mediocre men's team that's only as good as it is because of the Manitoban skipping. 

What the heck happened there.......it seems the Jets threw a switch when Helle started to stop anything and everything...The whole bench semed to come alive and scoring threats like Connor and Schief actually didn't just go through the motions..especially Connor.....Hope we can keep it up ..maybe Maurice isn't quite dead yet