The Jets bitchfest thread

On 2021-11-26 at 4:16 PM, Noeller said:

I will never understand the Maurice complaining that fans do.......but even if you do replace him.....who the f*** is out there that would be an upgrade?? Babcock coaching CIS? 

Frosty told me off board that Carlyle was available he's turned the Jets 1.0 and the Moose around before

After 8 seasons.... anyone is an improvement.  

Why fire Maurice? Because it's obvious that he's been tuned out. After 8 seasons and 4 playoff series wins... 

LA fired Sutter. He won 2 cups in 6 seasons. This is Paul's 8th season.  

Why fire Maurice? Because winning is all that matters. Look at Calgary..  almost same team as last year but new coach really who didn't have time last season. Turns them around In a month? It's been 8 seasons here  now

Edited by Goalie

13 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

While I neither agree nor disagree with Maurice being the right fit at head coach, the writer of this article is just another fan with emotions guiding his narrative. I mean, he basically declared the Jets a "legitimate cup contender" back in August.

And then all of two weeks ago: https://thehockeywriters.com/winnipeg-jets-seven-game-homestand-observations-observations/

Pick a lane, Declan.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

While I neither agree nor disagree with Maurice being the right fit at head coach, the writer of this article is just another fan with emotions guiding his narrative. I mean, he basically declared the Jets a "legitimate cup contender" back in August.

And then all of two weeks ago: https://thehockeywriters.com/winnipeg-jets-seven-game-homestand-observations-observations/

Pick a lane, Declan.

Oh yeah, I’m not saying the guy is the foremost authority on all things Jets, but the article hits a lot of points people often bring up about Maurice.  And the snippets from the article, when he was with the Hurricanes, are extremely telling and show a coach that is stuck in his ways and not likely to change.

When we first fired Claude Noel, I remember listening to Hustler and Lawless on 1290.

Gary said something along the lines of not thinking PM would be the guy to get you to a Cup. That you needed three different guys. The first guy to kind of show you what you have, the second guy to develop your core, and then a "finisher". One of those coaches who comes in hard and takes the team as far as they can go before flaming out, like a Torts or a Boudreau (not necessarily those guys).

I honestly think we're passed our window for that to take us any further than we've been. And we wouldn't hire that guy mid-season, you do that in the off season when one of these guys are fired from wherever they've worn at their welcome and you grab on, like if we had gotten Trotz before he went to New York.

Pretty good coach with the Ice named James Patrick.  But if Paul was to be fired... Lowry would likely be named interm coach  then off season u reassess and interview all interested candidates.

Trotz? Like the Jets would pay 5 million 

But nobody gonna say no either I'm sure 

Edited by Goalie

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Pretty good coach with the Ice named James Patrick.  But if Paul was to be fired... Lowry would likely be named interm coach  then off season u reassess and interview all interested candidates.

Trotz? Like the Jets would pay 5 million 

But nobody gonna say no either I'm sure 

isn't trotz currently coaching the islanders

On 2021-11-26 at 3:16 PM, Noeller said:

I will never understand the Maurice complaining that fans do.......but even if you do replace him.....who the f*** is out there that would be an upgrade?? Babcock coaching CIS? 

Chris Jones. he'll take the money & be like Ted Lasso. "Okay boys,. Skates done up tight??? Ladder drills. Let's go!!!"

The Isles have a ton of players (7?) out to covid and a couple of injuries as well. Also, they've played 13 of 18 on the road and had a crazy long road trip thrown in there. I see them making the playoffs.

Trotz is signed for a season after this one but he'd be ideal here.

Edited by Jimmy from Lockport

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

55/26 is a bad combo. Complacency is a thing. Still think where there's smoke there's fire and seems to be lots of smoke about 55 In particular right now. Will Stastny come back? He's ufa and isn't getting younger. 

9 was never gonna sign here tho so he was being traded regardless 

U know this is now the 3rd season in a row we will end with 55 either being hurt or suspended?