Suckskatchewan @ Champs PGT

JCon

Just now, Rich said:

The real question is who does he bump off the roster.   The fact that Harris, Oliveira, and Augustine are all Canadian, gives lots of flexibility here, because you can dress them all.

So is having Harris at 85% better than the backup / special teams Canadian we'd have to take off the roster.

Brady and JA are both good on teams. That helps too.

Message from Blue Bombers, CEO Wade Miller

Free Youth Ticket for West Final

We are getting close to the West Final on December 5th, kick off at 3:00 pm, gates and pre-game tailgate area open at 1:30pm.
The Winnipeg Football Club recently held a Youth Football Summit for volunteer coaches and administration of clubs and high school programs. We had great discussions on how to increase participation and grow our game in the province. 

One of the items that came out the summit was that kids need to watch more football. This pandemic has been hard on everyone, especially our youth. I am pleased to share you with that The Winnipeg Football Club, on behalf of our Corporate partners, are able to extend the following offer to you.

Buy One Adult Ticket and get One Youth Ticket FREE
To redeem this offer, visit: www.ticketmaster.ca/bombers 

Click on “See Tickets” for the December 5 – CFL Western Final: Winnipeg Blue Bombers v. TBD
On the top right-hand side, click the drop down to change the quantity of tickets to purchase.
To receive the discount, click the “Unlock” button and enter: YTHFTB – then click UNLOCK.

This will show you all the sections available to redeem your discount. Change the quantity of Youth tickets by clicking the “-“ sign and click “+” to add an Adult ticket.  If you need assistance on redeeming the offer or have questions, please contact Beth Chopey at bchopey@bluebombers.com or 204-784-7298.

Come be a part of history as your Winnipeg Blue Bombers march towards the Grey Cup. We need a loud and full stadium to prove our fans are truly the loudest fans in the CFL and our 13th man during the game. 

GO BOMBERS!

Wade Miller
President and CEO
Winnipeg Football Club
315 Chancellor Matheson Road, Winnipeg, MB R3T 1Z2

For%20the%20W.png

https://www.bluebombers.com/2021/11/26/quick-hits-western-final-countdown/

Some good stuff from Our Man Tait, (please give them a click!) including: 

Asked specifically about Alexander’s availability for the West Final — the all-star safety was injured in the second quarter in the loss to Calgary and did not return — O’Shea said “he’ll be good.”
The possibility of a return for Harris, meanwhile, remains unknown.
“We’ve had a plan for him for weeks,” O’Shea said. “He’s spending a lot of time with Al (Couture, Head Athletic Therapist) and Brayden (Miller, Strength & Conditioning Coordinator) and is getting his work in. We’ll just keep up with that process until we’ve got to make a decision.
“We’re not far enough along yet to assess whether (him playing) that’s going to happen or not. We stick to our daily routine and we see progress so we just keep going at that.”

4 hours ago, JCon said:

Message from Blue Bombers, CEO Wade Miller

Free Youth Ticket for West Final

We are getting close to the West Final on December 5th, kick off at 3:00 pm, gates and pre-game tailgate area open at 1:30pm.
The Winnipeg Football Club recently held a Youth Football Summit for volunteer coaches and administration of clubs and high school programs. We had great discussions on how to increase participation and grow our game in the province. 

One of the items that came out the summit was that kids need to watch more football. This pandemic has been hard on everyone, especially our youth. I am pleased to share you with that The Winnipeg Football Club, on behalf of our Corporate partners, are able to extend the following offer to you.

Buy One Adult Ticket and get One Youth Ticket FREE
To redeem this offer, visit: www.ticketmaster.ca/bombers 

Click on “See Tickets” for the December 5 – CFL Western Final: Winnipeg Blue Bombers v. TBD
On the top right-hand side, click the drop down to change the quantity of tickets to purchase.
To receive the discount, click the “Unlock” button and enter: YTHFTB – then click UNLOCK.

This will show you all the sections available to redeem your discount. Change the quantity of Youth tickets by clicking the “-“ sign and click “+” to add an Adult ticket.  If you need assistance on redeeming the offer or have questions, please contact Beth Chopey at bchopey@bluebombers.com or 204-784-7298.

Come be a part of history as your Winnipeg Blue Bombers march towards the Grey Cup. We need a loud and full stadium to prove our fans are truly the loudest fans in the CFL and our 13th man during the game. 

GO BOMBERS!

Wade Miller
President and CEO
Winnipeg Football Club
315 Chancellor Matheson Road, Winnipeg, MB R3T 1Z2

For%20the%20W.png

This needs to be a year long thing for next year.

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

If Harris can't play in the WF, then I wouldn't put him in for the GC even if he's healthy enough, because he'd be so rusty. So why not just shut him down for the year? The whole thing is really odd. 

I don't think he's coming back this year. How the Nichols injury was handled in 2019 made me think there's no way he'll be back this year unless O'Shea says he will play for sure. I sure hope I'm wrong, but there's a history of "might be back" being extended for a long period of time. I'd love it if he can at least split carries while getting sharp for the cup.

Edited by WildPath

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I don't think you can just let every kid in for free with a paid adult admission....without some major corporate help. You'd just lose way too much money. But hopefully they can do something SIMILAR next year. 

I think if there were a limited number for each game, that would be a safer way for them to do it.  That being said, if you would otherwise only have 26,000 in the seat, and now you get an extra 2,000 kids, that doesn't really cost the team anything, and they make money on concessions, so unless there would otherwise be a sellout, I think it's a win-win for the team.

I think giving away a lot  of free tickets to kids is a great idea. You want to hook them early. Turn them into life long savages like us. A free 40 dollar ticket for a kid means that in 40 years the kid will fly back home in the freezing cold and buy 2 tickets, merch, and support the local economy with hotel and food money spent in town.

Edited by White Out

1 hour ago, White Out said:

I think giving away a lot  of free tickets to kids is a great idea. You want to hook them early. Turn them into life long savages like us. A free 40 dollar ticket for a kid means that in 40 years the kid will fly back home in the freezing cold and buy 2 tickets, merch, and support the local economy with hotel and food money spent in town.

40 years from now we will just teleport into our seats 5 minutes before game time.