Suckskatchewan @ Champs PGT

JCon

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

My thoughts on the WSF....

We can only lose if we don't show up mentally and take the game off. The only team we might do that against is the Stamps. Therefore, I want the Riders to win the WSF as it pretty much guarantees our guys are all up for the game and therefore we are assured victory.

I think with the way they acted like they won the WF against our backups and then started popping off in interviews, either of them is getting that smoke.

1 minute ago, JCon said:

No Harris!

Concern now at 50%

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

If Harris can't play in the WF, then I wouldn't put him in for the GC even if he's healthy enough, because he'd be so rusty. So why not just shut him down for the year? The whole thing is really odd. 

I disagree. Harris came in week 4 this year after well over a year off and showed little rust.  If he can play, you play him. Augustine and Oliveira can be on the roster too if needed.

Just now, blue85gold said:

I disagree. Harris came in week 4 this year after well over a year off and showed little rust.  If he can play, you play him. Augustine and Oliveira can be on the roster too if needed.

By his own admission, it took him "2 or 3 games" to get his legs back. He wasn't great for the first bit....but......who knows. I'm really curious to know what the hell is going on with that, for sure. 

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

If Harris can't play in the WF, then I wouldn't put him in for the GC even if he's healthy enough, because he'd be so rusty. So why not just shut him down for the year? The whole thing is really odd. 

I guess the only ray of hope is that he came off 2 years of no football and an injury to have a great game in his return.

Just now, Noeller said:

By his own admission, it took him "2 or 3 games" to get his legs back. He wasn't great for the first bit....but......who knows. I'm really curious to know what the hell is going on with that, for sure. 

I think he played very well that game. Maybe not peak AH33 but he was a factor.

hey I'm just saying what he said to Irving at one point this season...can't remember which pre or post game show it was, but that's what he said to Irving. Took him awhile to get his game back. I guess the question is, what's better? Rusty Andrew Harris at about 85% health, or 2-Headed Augustine/Olly at about 95%...??

On 2021-11-25 at 10:14 AM, TrueBlue4ever said:

Let’s try to pass the time with some random topics and see if any discussion can come up. 

1. What is the most memorable dominant individual playoff performance people can think of? Some candidates are Bob Cameron’s 1988 Grey Cup, Greg Battle’s 2 INT Grey Cup in 1990, James Murphy vs the Lions in the 1984 West Final, Michael Richardson’s 200+ yard game in the 1992 East Final. Any others, and what made them so great?

2. What is the best fan sign you have ever seen in the stands? “Riders suck” was brilliant in that it appeared at a Bomber-Argo game, but what other creative signs have you seen? I have 3 that come to mind but will wait for others to chime in. 

I vote for the 1990 Grey cup Battle. A one sided Battle on many counts. High defensive pressure in a pressurized stadium. That trip was worth every penny dug out of the couch. The only way it would have been better was if it was the other green guys. 

Just now, Noeller said:

hey I'm just saying what he said to Irving at one point this season...can't remember which pre or post game show it was, but that's what he said to Irving. Took him awhile to get his game back. I guess the question is, what's better? Rusty Andrew Harris at about 85% health, or 2-Headed Augustine/Olly at about 95%...??

I want him on the field at 85% 

IF Harris isn't practicing, could be we're making sure  that we're keeping him healthy as long as possible, and that  he's ready for next week and the final....Does he really need the reps.????Keeping him out as long as possible is a way to insure he's in top form for the final run.....I wouldn't be too worried about not seeing him on the field yet....Next week will reveal all (says the great swami)...When it really counts Andrew will be there