Semi-Finals - Sunday, November 28th

JCon

5 hours ago, bluto said:

I'd say that the big winners of Semi-Final Sunday were Winnipeg and Toronto.

Both teams probably get their preferred opponents. And all 4 of the Semifinalists looked bad on the day.

Embarrassingly bad for the CFL- the worst semi-final performances I can recall- the Stamps-Riders game was so bad, I turned it off at half-time and tried to watch it this morning- still as bad. Cringingly bad.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Fun games to watch, but some really bad mistake filled football. Are we that good or is it just that most teams are really bad this year or is it a bit of both?

I've spent a lot of time thinking about that this season. And I think it's definitely both. For some reason, we picked up where we left off and kept rolling, while the other teams seem to have dropped off. Is it a by-product of us returning most of the 2019 line-up? Possibly. At any rate, I truly believe we're on a whole other level from the rest of the league. 

11 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Dickenson should have gone to Maier in the second half, feel like that move lets Calgary win.

Maybe. Mitchell struggled with the long ball yesterday and made some reckless passes but I'm not sure if Maier steps in and does any better. And besides, if Paredes doesn't miss two FGs in regulation, there's probably no OT and the Stampeders are still alive. Paredes had perhaps his worst performance yesterday.

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Makes sense considering practically nobody bothered to show up at IGF West.

I would hope that TSN should be paying the CFL some kind of bonus for delivering over 1 million viewers for one single event.  Definitely should be some extra scratch coming from sponsors for that.  

16 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I would hope that TSN should be paying the CFL some kind of bonus for delivering over 1 million viewers for one single event.  Definitely should be some extra scratch coming from sponsors for that.  

Too bad the viewers couldn't see a real football game..

10 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

A loss in the West Final would be a shame after a great season. A loss to the Riders specifically would **** me up for weeks.

I hate that team. Dollop of Jesus. **** me sideways.

Jesus Sprinkles and Unicorn Farts

The Cody Fajardo CFL Journey

Coming soon to a bookstore near you!!!!

15 hours ago, Noeller said:

😂😂😂

In other words... Fajardo sucked but got lucky to win... from what I watched it legitimately seemed like Calgary was trying to lose... they were like the team from that Southpark softball episode.

On 2021-11-29 at 8:13 AM, Mark H. said:

The game recaps on cfl.ca - make them look a lot more exciting than they were. 

Makes sense... they want to promote the product... I was watching a hit on TSN with Duthie and Barker and they immediately described it as a classic... it's not like they were going to go on TV and say "well this game sucked but in the battle of who wants it less, Calgary was the took it"

On 2021-11-24 at 7:58 PM, 17to85 said:

Yeah swift current, Regina and since I was going to the interlaken Yorktown or possibly somewhere just across the manitoba border for me are the usual stopping places. 

Lots of food places in Moosomin along the highway since #1 was diverted around the town. 

On 2021-11-29 at 10:56 AM, rebusrankin said:

Dickenson should have gone to Maier in the second half, feel like that move lets Calgary win.

From the comments I read from Danny Austin on twitter & what I read online Dave Dickenson doesn't feel Maier is ready to step in as a reliever or starter which leaves me absolutely dumbfounded, Dickenson wants both Mitchell & Maier back & it appears that the club will let Maier walk in free agency if they can't sign him. This blind loyalty to Mitchell makes no sense.