Semi-Finals - Sunday, November 28th

JCon

13 hours ago, Jesse said:

Love the chatter though.

It's good entertainment and the league needs more of it, imo.

I would wholeheartedly disagree with this sentiment. You love the game, play hard, but above all, you show your opponent respect and sportsmanship.

Even if they are a total dbag, you maintain your composure and the integritt of the sport.

41 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

I would wholeheartedly disagree with this sentiment. You love the game, play hard, but above all, you show your opponent respect and sportsmanship.

Even if they are a total dbag, you maintain your composure and the integritt of the sport.

You talk **** after you win, not before.

Personally, I like the trash talk. It adds an additional layer to the week before the game. Receivers should think that DB's can't cover them and DB's should think that receivers can't beat them and so on. You look pretty stupid if you can't back it up but that's part of the fun. Who cares if teams put it up in the locker room? It doesn't really matter. The only thing that matters is how you play on the field.

10 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Personally, I like the trash talk. It adds an additional layer to the week before the game. Receivers should think that DB's can't cover them and DB's should think that receivers can't beat them and so on. You look pretty stupid if you can't back it up but that's part of the fun. Who cares if teams put it up in the locker room? It doesn't really matter. The only thing that matters is how you play on the field.

James Wilder jr Mr. Flex man comes to mind. :)

32 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I am torn on this one. I hate both teams. On the one hand, Calgary scares me more as a team as they've been more competitive with us but I don't want the Riders to have any success. Going with hoping somehow both lose.

Agreed. Calgary has the better pure talent but Bo has been **** this year,if he decides to wake up then Calgary could be a tough team to beat. We've seen what Sask can do and that team only goes as far as Fajardo can take them. They don't have any units on that team that could carry them to a win so they need a full %100 effort from everyone. 27-21 Stamps

13 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Anyone else laughing at the marshall-gainey-purifoy section of the riders secondary? Also boyko at tackle. God how did that team get as many wins as they did?

I saw a headline today about how Duke being in the line up means they can "really take advantage of the full benefit of Fajardo's arm"..... And they meant it as a good thing! 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Anyone else laughing at the Marshall-Gainey-Purifoy section of the riders secondary? Also Boyko at tackle. God how did that team get as many wins as they did?

Because apart from the Bombers, the rest of the teams in the CFL were disasters of one degree or another. If the Calgary front 7 have any game in them at all, Fajardo will be on his back or running all afternoon.