GDT: Game 17 @ Vancouver

iHeart

Has Wheeler become a liability?  He’s slow as hell and coasting around the ice.  Then he takes a ridiculously stupid penalty.  He shouldn’t have even been going behind the net, then he lazily flings his stick up.  You could kind of overlook his coasting the last couple years because he put up some points… Not anymore.  But he still consistently gets 20+ minutes.  Not good.

And our PK is horrendous.  It’s not likely to change either.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Where's Scheifele these days? Dude is more of a concern than 26 who atleast looks like he's trying 

Makes me wonder if he's not 100% after being out due to COVID protocol, much like Wheeler. Last night's ugly loss aside, it's crazy to see how well the team is doing despite neither really contributing consistently so far this season.

5 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Makes me wonder if he's not 100% after being out due to COVID protocol, much like Wheeler. Last night's ugly loss aside, it's crazy to see how well the team is doing despite neither really contributing consistently so far this season.

Good point, other athletes have talked about the after effects.

12 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

It was said, while he was out, that he didn't have symptoms, unlike Wheeler.