Champs @ Ponies PGT

Noeller

9 hours ago, WildPath said:

Yup. That sounds like it. As I recall, that seemed to motivate us even more.

It was the in the 4th quarter of the Grey Cup.  Penalty made it 2nd and 18 then Harris busted off a 20 yard run with Bryant and Darvin Adams finishing off blocks right at the first down marker.

Streveler was injured in his last start with a high ankle sprain which was a game in Calgary.

19 hours ago, 17to85 said:

It's been 2 years since I had a chance to see the Bombers live (and what a chance that was) damned right I'm gonna watch this team. 

Same. We try to get to every game we can when the Bombers come here, so our group of 3 are going regardless of the fact that it means pretty much nothing (other than momentum) to either team. Still kinda regretting not getting Grey Cup tickets 2 years ago, even if they were damned expensive - winning the Cup here in Calgary was a dream come true 😁

21 hours ago, White Out said:

got a pair of tickets for dirt cheap. mostly for a social thing. its cold and a meaningless game but going with a friend. 

I’m in a similar situation. I’ve sat through so many **** weather games at McMahon that I basically expect it when the Bombers come to town. At any rate, it’ll be nice to see the team live and relive some memories from the Grey Cup. Maybe see some of you guys there. Go Blue!

2 hours ago, Nolby said:

Maybe it was nerves, a bad day or whatever, this will determine his fate today

Cooper failed in every aspect of the game and it is beyond me why he wasn't sent home unless he's been paid ahead for the rest of the month and they want to get their money's worth.

55 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Cooper failed in every aspect of the game and it is beyond me why he wasn't sent home unless he's been paid ahead for the rest of the month and they want to get their money's worth.

Probably the same reason as to why we have Mourtada still with the team

Watched the game on PVR this morning and a few things were evident:

If Collaros goes down, we are boned.

Meier was better than Mitchell, who was barely better than Brown.

Neither Brown nor McGuire are going to be the Next Big Thing in quarterbacking but both deserve another shot, just not this year.

Calgary has some very good receivers, but their O-line is poop.

Bomber O-line is awesome.

Augustine had a GREAT outing, but his O-line opened holes I could have gotten good yardage through, bum leg and all.

As usual, the zebras had a rough night. I felt for the Bomber D-line- time to put Vaseline on their Jerseys?

It was a frustrating game to watch, If the Bombers had a half-decent backup QB, the game would have been out of reach by halftime.

Except for that one Calgary pass, the Bomber defence was its usual stout self. They deserved better.

9 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Watched the game on PVR this morning and a few things were evident:

If Collaros goes down, we are boned.

Meier was better than Mitchell, who was barely better than Brown.

Neither Brown nor McGuire are going to be the Next Big Thing in quarterbacking but both deserve another shot, just not this year.

Calgary has some very good receivers, but their O-line is poop.

Bomber O-line is awesome.

Augustine had a GREAT outing, but his O-line opened holes I could have gotten good yardage through, bum leg and all.

As usual, the zebras had a rough night. I felt for the Bomber D-line- time to put Vaseline on their Jerseys?

It was a frustrating game to watch, If the Bombers had a half-decent backup QB, the game would have been out of reach by halftime.

Except for that one Calgary pass, the Bomber defence was its usual stout self. They deserved better.

Very much agree with this take. It looked to me like we were playing lots of backups on D, but on O it was business as usual except for the QB. I think Brown started out nervous, and didn't do himself any favours regarding his job future.

And what was up with Calgary trying to injure Brown?? REfs needed to step hard on that.

Our offence should've destroyed them in the first half.