3 stars plus scape goat 2nd last pre season edition

wbbfan

1 Kongbo. 2 sacks, 1 shouldve been called grounding too. 5 tackles, and played great in the run and pass rush. Career game for kongbo. 

2 Casey sayles, couple pressures, and was in on a sack, plus 6 tackles. 

3 Brown and wilson. Combined for 5 tackles and 2 teams tackles. Both made some great plays in the back field and against the run. 

Scape goat pick em between Cooper, Mcguire and coaching. The offensive play call was poor, and we left cooper + mcguire out way waaay too long. 

Hit Bighill again on the sideline on normand. 

Block of the game, gray comes in at tackle and pancakes an al

HH the surprise completion for a td to adams. 

1 - Collaros

2 - Collaros

3 - Collaros

unfortunately this game confirmed what some have thought… this team (specifically the offense) is average, at best, without Collaros… I’ll concede a few things in McGuire’s defence: the weather was terrible, the o line was a little patched up, the mtl D is legitimately pretty good, it’s his first start… and I wasn’t expecting 80% completion with 300 yards and 4 TDs… but that performance was absolutely putrid… that’s was an Alex Brink level QB performance… his accuracy was abysmal, his reads were terrible, he had zero control of the game… even Caleb Evans looked competent in his first start…

HH to Shaq cooper… with all that McGuire “accomplished” he may not have been the worst player for the bombers today… i don’t normally jump to quick conclusions on players but I’d be perfectly fine if Cooper was released immediately… absolutely pathetic performance for a guy who is supposed to be a cfl veteran… anyone still think Nelson is the worst returner on the team??

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

I just have a hard time really getting on mcguires case when at the start of the game he bounced a pass off his receivers face. If that's where the veteran receivers head was is it any wonder the offense looked like complete ass?

Adams has been targeted so rarely of late, that it is easy to understand him being unaware that the ball was coming at him. I kinda remember another Bomber a few yards further up the field in a straight line, so that may have been the primary target with the ball being underthrown.  For the record, there are many very nice asses out there.

I know a veteran squad who is coached well doesn’t need the extra motivation. But losing shows that we’re mortal. It’s better to have the kick in the teeth now so that come playoff time the young guys and the vets are dialed in. Again I’m not too worried about that from a  coach O’Shea led team but it’s good none the less. Especially from the young guys who thought it would be a walk in the park. 

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

He is the veteran of the group, he damned well should be ready for a pass. 

It's just an example of how seriously the Bombers took this game. 

I'm beginning to think that after this season it may be time to move on from Adams. There was another play in the game he was thrown to that was incomplete. He looked like he made little effort to catch the ball & he looked like he wasn't interested. Until that TD catch he was playing like his head was in the clouds. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

6 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I know a veteran squad who is coached well doesn’t need the extra motivation. But losing shows that we’re mortal. It’s better to have the kick in the teeth now so that come playoff time the young guys and the vets are dialed in. Again I’m not too worried about that from a  coach O’Shea led team but it’s good none the less. Especially from the young guys who thought it would be a walk in the park. 

Start with not turning the ball over 5 times.

Then pick the ball up when it is kicked at you.

Clean that up and we are looking much better already.

Edited by Geebrr

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

a little patched up???? They had 5 NI interior linemen (Guards and Centres) playing the 5 spots!!!!! 

I’m not trying to say McGuire is garbage and we need to get rid of him… I was just hoping to see something, anything from him yesterday… 

did you watch McGuire yesterday and think “yep that’s a future starter!”… the o line he played behind yesterday is probably still better than half the other teams regulars… again I’m not ready to give up but he’s got A LOT of work to go… what I really hope is he gets in the second half against Calgary and does some damage…

11 hours ago, Tracker said:

Adams has been targeted so rarely of late, that it is easy to understand him being unaware that the ball was coming at him. I kinda remember another Bomber a few yards further up the field in a straight line, so that may have been the primary target with the ball being underthrown.  For the record, there are many very nice asses out there.

When he has been targeted a lot this year we got 1 of 8 and 2 of 7 from him. Getting hit in the shoulder pads by the football as a wr is never understandable. Didn't even raise his hands and it wasn't his blind shoulder either just sad 

57 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:
11 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Patched up or not, the OL gave McGuire enough time and opened holes for the RB. Montreal didn't even get a sack.

And we assumed that O'Shea and Co. would never let the team get complacent and sleepwalk through the game. 

14 hours ago, bearpants said:

1 - Collaros

2 - Collaros

3 - Collaros

unfortunately this game confirmed what some have thought… this team (specifically the offense) is average, at best, without Collaros… I’ll concede a few things in McGuire’s defence: the weather was terrible, the o line was a little patched up, the mtl D is legitimately pretty good, it’s his first start… and I wasn’t expecting 80% completion with 300 yards and 4 TDs… but that performance was absolutely putrid… that’s was an Alex Brink level QB performance… his accuracy was abysmal, his reads were terrible, he had zero control of the game… even Caleb Evans looked competent in his first start…

HH to Shaq cooper… with all that McGuire “accomplished” he may not have been the worst player for the bombers today… i don’t normally jump to quick conclusions on players but I’d be perfectly fine if Cooper was released immediately… absolutely pathetic performance for a guy who is supposed to be a cfl veteran… anyone still think Nelson is the worst returner on the team??

You do knkw that it was more than just Collaros sitting out right?

12 hours ago, 17to85 said:

He is the veteran of the group, he damned well should be ready for a pass. 

It's just an example of how seriously the Bombers took this game. 

Yup, if you're running a crossing route and have even half a step on the defender you know the ball will likely be coming. No excuse for that from Adams....im sure he would say the same.