CHAMPS at ALS GDT

Nolby

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

How so?

If he is just as bad next time, then it wasn’t worse, but is definitely not any better. 

My question to you though, taking these nit-picky definitions away from the conversation, is what has McGuire shown to suggest that this game was an aberration and there is much more talent there, which is what I assumed your position was? We have seen almost next to nothing of his play, and the first real exposure he got to the game since college  looked piss poor. So where does the confidence in his game come from for you? I want to think he is better too, I just didn’t see a template for success from his play today, and have no other point of reference to offer hope. 

6 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

If he is just as bad next time, then it wasn’t worse, but is definitely not any better. 

My question to you though, taking these nit-picky definitions away from the conversation, is what has McGuire shown to suggest that this game was an aberration and there is much more talent there, which is what I assumed your position was? We have seen almost next to nothing of his play, and the first real exposure he got to the game since college  looked piss poor. So where does the confidence in his game come from for you? I want to think he is better too, I just didn’t see a template for success from his play today, and have no other point of reference to offer hope. 

Because if this was the real McGuire I don't believe for a second that the management team,  which has prove  very good would have been so confident with him as backup. 

Like I said, this game got away early. I don't think the always run on first down game plan helped him either. 

With as many guys as they sat down for this one and then the changes that happened mid game on the ol it was just one of those things that snowballed. Momentum is real. It's why I never liked the idea of resting  so many people.

11 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

His arm from the pocket looks better than 90% of the QB's I've watched in this league this season.  We didn't have the OL to run much of that successfully especially when the LT went down.  We were basically on our 5th and 6th string tackles (even though one of them is a starting guard), 4th string guard in there.

I'm not sure he has the mobility to do much up here though.  He needs to run quick game, almost like old style Kevin Glenn type of rhythm passing game, get it out fast from the pocket, load up a deep ball every once and awhile. There's not many QB's up here like that now and with the amount of zone D (DB's sitting on routes not really covering players) it's hard to run that.

13 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

What makes people think that every time there's a pick it's the QBs fault?

Ignorance mostly, with a smidge of arrogance and stupidity. 

Nobody knows what was whose fault... We don't know what the calls were. Lots of blame on the conditions too. 

Dunigan even had to throw a shot at the city......'wouldn't you like to be playinbg in the rain in Mont. than in Wpg. in the cold' ...he mused.....Piss off Matty....your dislike for the Bombers was showing....Guess he doesn't like a winner but the little weiner had to slam the second team Bombers as much as he could...I hope we can make that 'road grill' bozo eat some crow if and when he does a post season panel appearance...What a joke of colour commentary in that tilt

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Ignorance mostly, with a smidge of arrogance and stupidity. 

Nobody knows what was whose fault... We don't know what the calls were. Lots of blame on the conditions too. 

Honestly McGuire was making it easy to tell whose fault it was. Maybe he wasn't getting the protection he needed but it's just bad decisions and bad ball security on his part.

2 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Honestly McGuire was making it easy to tell whose fault it was. Maybe he wasn't getting the protection he needed but it's just bad decisions and bad ball security on his part.

Nothing is ever that simple. 

Just now, Noeller said:

Nothing is ever that simple. 

Throwing off his back foot out to the wide side of the field when the receiver was covered? Missing the crossing route and throwing straight to Ackie? Let's call a spade a spade

Not seeing a defender underneath. A lot of these were extremely questionable reads and decisions

16 minutes ago, BBlink said:

He definitely wasn't getting the protection.  

And inexperienced QB, minus your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd offensive tackles 

His performance was disappointing, but not entirely unexpected.