Bye Bob (Irving Retirement)

28 minutes ago, Bombers9256 said:

Plot thickens: Murray McCormack interviewed Taylor in the Regina Leader Post today. Taylor indicated he re-signed to focus on sports betting, which is his passion. Re the CJOB job, he said, “I should look into that.”

Interesting. DT, much like Hustler are very active in online sports betting. Curious as to what kind of careers there are in that space?

1 minute ago, Bombers9256 said:

Omfg can you even imagine????!!!! These no way. Or IS there? 🤣🤣🤣

I'll say one thing if he was hired, the listener would have no idea what yard line, down or distance the teams would be on. And half the broadcast would be about unimpotant things like how he misses Wet n Wild & the River Rouge.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'll say one thing if he was hired, the listener would have no idea what yard line, down or distance the teams would be on. And half the broadcast would be about unimpotant things like how he misses Wet n Wild & the River Rouge.

Don't we all miss the River Rouge?

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Sounds like a good choice to me.

For me it was a toss up between Derek Taylor and Darren Bauming.

I really liked Derek's "The Details" back when he was on TSN, so I hope that he brings some of that with him to Play-by-Play.

1 hour ago, Sard said:

For me it was a toss up between Derek Taylor and Darren Bauming.

that's a no contest. 

I'm not what you'd call outright EXCITED about the DT hire......but.....it's something. "...Ehhhh....he seems to know the kids names...." is the Simpsons quote I'd use here.  I'm not as excited for the first pre-game show of the season, but I'm open minded and willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. See if we can get the Riders stink off him.