Bye Bob (Irving Retirement)

2 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Don’t forget the Spanish flu killed 50 million, I swear that is the toughest generation on earth. Imagine through World War One, then a deadly pandemic, then the Great Depression then finally when things were starting to look up… World War Two happens!

They never had to deal with shitty TV and movies on planes.

We are tougher

21 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Don’t forget the Spanish flu killed 50 million, I swear that is the toughest generation on earth. Imagine through World War One, then a deadly pandemic, then the Great Depression then finally when things were starting to look up… World War Two happens!

Trivia: the misnamed "Spanish Flu" was traced back to a US army base mess cook in Kansas who passed it along to all of the soldiers who then deployed to Europe, the first ones arriving in Spain. 

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The question that has to be asked is how the Bob Irving retirement will affect Auston Matthews once the season resumes? Will the news of Bob leaving also affect the rest of their roster. Tune into TSN & Sportsnet as they discuss the matter. 

I'm more concerned about the effect on Tavares and Marner, as they are much more sensitive guys...

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Jesse said:

So Derek Taylor is stepping down from his gig in Regina on their radio show.

New candidate for Bob's replacement?

I love Taylor. I'd be a big fan of this.

Ferguson, Dunk, Taylor are the only 3 CFL personalities I like.

Edited by Dr Zaius

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

very interesting.....I didn't see that coming, but it would make sense. I don't *LOVE* Taylor's PBP, but it's not the worst option out there. I really felt like it was GMack's gig if he wanted it....

Hmmm....I don't know how I'd feel about Mack as a PBP...

I think I would like Taylor, but haven't heard him do it. 

My issue with DT is that he totally leaned into the "Riderville" bit. Lost objectivity, in my opinion, and I would be concerned if he came here and did the same. 

I want another Bob. Someone who remains objective and will call things for what they are. Bob obviously loved the Bombers because he knew them but was never beholden to anyone in the organization. No one can be perfectly impartial but I think they should always strive for that in their coverage.