Champs @ Als week 15 PGT

Geebrr

4 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

If they win: Great, they won. Keep rolling.

If they lose: Okay,well maybe MTL can catch HAM for hosting the East Semi-Final...

Last thing I want is us to face HAM, at home, in a Grey Cup

I am ambivalent about facing the 'Cats- they are probably the best team in the East, but any games we lose from here on in will be because we gave the game away, not because we were beaten by better squad.

I know all these changes make sense, and I know it is a good thing to see how our back-ups can do (especially McGuire who could use some substantial reps), but it still eats away at me a bit that we are taking our foot off the gas here and running a “pre-season” game of sorts. I guess it is flashbacks of 2001 and how badly that approach backfired that year. Anyone else feel that way?

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I know all these changes make sense, and I know it is a good thing to see how our back-ups can do (especially McGuire who could use some substantial reps), but it still eats away at me a bit that we are taking our foot off the gas here and running a “pre-season” game of sorts. I guess it is flashbacks of 2001 and how badly that approach backfired that year. Anyone else feel that way?

Nope. The benefits greatly outweigh the risks.

Edited by Tracker

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

None of the players are taking their foot off the gas. There are some talented players that have worked hard in training/practices all year that are getting a deserved chance. This is what the team has worked for. 

From the players perspective, who may sit this week: 

Game (Week 14)

Bye (Week 15)

Game (Week 16)

Bye (Semis)

Game (West Final).

It's good for rest and recuperation. Also, if your replacement plays well, you better step up next week. 

apparently pouring rain in Montreal.... I'd think a greasy game helps us, with this roster. Win it 14-12.  But I'm excited for all the "kids" who get a chance to start. I wish the stats in this game didn't count against the regular season records that we've been breaking, defensively, but it should be a fun watch, at any rate. I was supposed to work tomorrow but I switched shifts so I could listen to the entire pre-game show and the game. Really wanna soak up all the Irving broadcasts that we have left...

13 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

... and I get flashbacks to 2007. Get the back up some meaningful reps. With the cap the way it is, and the fact you can only "hide" so many players, it is going to be limited who sits.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

apparently pouring rain in Montreal.... I'd think a greasy game helps us, with this roster. Win it 14-12.  But I'm excited for all the "kids" who get a chance to start. I wish the stats in this game didn't count against the regular season records that we've been breaking, defensively, but it should be a fun watch, at any rate. I was supposed to work tomorrow but I switched shifts so I could listen to the entire pre-game show and the game. Really wanna soak up all the Irving broadcasts that we have left...

Montreal 9, feels like 7. Light rain 1-3mm. Wind 16, gusting to 27. 

Should be fine weather. I expect a lot of Stanback, Augustine and Oliveira. 

22 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

those guys coming in...won't be coasting...if anything will be playing even harder

32 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

2001 was a great regular season, but there were definitely some instances of Lady Luck being on our side.

The only game I felt we were lucky to eke out a win was the 18-16 win over Calgary.

As for players getting complacent - I just can't see that happening with O'Shea or this core group of players.

25 minutes ago, JCon said:

Montreal 9, feels like 7. Light rain 1-3mm. Wind 16, gusting to 27. 

Should be fine weather. I expect a lot of Stanback, Augustine and Oliveira. 

was just going by this: 

also interesting for this week - if Stanley Bryant sits, as we expect, it will be the first time since 2014 that someone other than him has played LT for the WBB FC. That's insane...

7 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

2001 was a great regular season, but there were definitely some instances of Lady Luck being on our side.

The only game I felt we were lucky to eke out a win was the 18-16 win over Calgary.

As for players getting complacent - I just can't see that happening with O'Shea or this core group of players.

I might argue the Edmonton game where they dropped a potential pick-6 interception in the 4th quarter had some luck to it, but that is neither here nor there. This team should be ready, but removing starters in favour of back-ups does open a door for our opposition. And in 2001 when we operated that way we allowed Calgary to sneak into the playoffs, and have them the perception that they could compete with us. Anyway, if everyone is not worried about it then OK, I will not go doom and gloom. And I look forward to tomorrow’s GDT free of angst or complaints if we struggle. 😁

5 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Cheering for Demerio Houston to have a better game than the last one he started.  Clean up the tackling and he’s a decent db.

If we lose this one, expect the media and all the other fan bases to forget we played our back ups and write us off lmao.

Perfect. Sounds like a repeat of 2019

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm already seeing a ton of stuff online about how the Bombers peaked too early and that Hamilton is just finding their form......blah blah....Hamilton to end their GC drought at home in a storybook finish............apparently. 

Whatever. People are just hoping.

There is nothing that remotely indicates any of that. We peaked when? 3 months ago?

******* idiots clinging to hope over belief. 

15 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm already seeing a ton of stuff online about how the Bombers peaked too early and that Hamilton is just finding their form......blah blah....Hamilton to end their GC drought at home in a storybook finish............apparently. 

Imagine thinking the Bombers have peaked. 

582e50e565d1a51a4808f8c463f2a11e.gif