Champs @ Als week 15 PGT

Geebrr

how do you gameplan if you're the Als?  last week your ace RB hit the century mark and you got some decent heat on the blue qb, which no other team has really done.  And you still lost.  What do you do differently?

I guess with McGuire starting, you bring heat, lots of it.  Test Yoshi to see how he's recovered after the injury.  Bring delayed blitzers against Augustine sets, see how good he is at picking up the extra rusher. Move the safety around, see if you can bait big 12 into bad throws.

Edited by johnzo

12 minutes ago, johnzo said:

how do you gameplan if you're the Als?  last week your ace RB hit the century mark and you got some decent heat on the blue qb, which no other team has really done.  And you still lost.  What do you do differently?

I guess with McGuire starting, you bring heat, lots of it.  Test Yoshi to see how he's recovered after the injury.  Bring delayed blitzers against Augustine sets, see how good he is at picking up the extra rusher. Move the safety around, see if you can bait big 12 into bad throws.

Maybe we see Buck turn McGuire into Strevs 2.0 and have him doing lots of QB draws around the end?  I am definitely curious to see how this is going to go - sure is nice to not have to worry whether we win or lose, kind of a weird feeling that I've not grown accustomed to as of yet....

20 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Run him 15 more times.  Als need to run Stanback 20-25 a game. 

10 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Maybe we see Buck turn McGuire into Strevs 2.0 and have him doing lots of QB draws around the end?  I am definitely curious to see how this is going to go - sure is nice to not have to worry whether we win or lose, kind of a weird feeling that I've not grown accustomed to as of yet....

Well chris streveler ran a legit 4.5 40 time, and McGuire runs about a 5. Big difference lol!

McGuire is not a runner. 

Career Statistics

Career Rushing Statistics
Career Rushing Statistics
Season GP ATT YDS TD Long AVG/A AVG/G
Total 44 232 326 9 18 1.4 7.4
2015 10 32 79 2 11 2.5 7.9
2016 11 85 207 5 18 2.4 18.8
2017 12 55 33 1 16 0.6 2.8
2018 11 60 7 1 13 0.1 0.6

https://goleathernecks.com/sports/football/roster/sean-mcguire/16994

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

Hopefully Sean McGuire can stay loose and have fun.

Seems like he's been nothing but a good team-mate in the back-up role, very patient and looks to have really good velocity and accuracy with his throws.

No one can say he hasn't had time to prepare but this will be a real test vs Als D. Can he read the D and anticipate? Pretty sure Buck will have a good plan.

Rooting for him to do well since I've got a #12 McGuire jersey from the 2019 season.

Edited by Doublezero

Giving Zack a break while at the same time giving McGuire a good look....very sound move....I've heard a few things about McGuire's game and from what I remember he has a pretty fair arm...One thing, in a game that doesn't mean a heckuva lot, there won't be any pressure....He should do alright and hopefully we'll see some other players get some playing time who have been waiting for a shot...We shall see

2 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Well chris streveler ran a legit 4.5 40 time, and McGuire runs about a 5. Big difference lol!

McGuire isn't streveler but he isn't a wheel chair either. 

Dru brown is very streveler ish and he could come in and run some of that. 

3 hours ago, johnzo said:

Run lots and hope to find some rpo that Harris can work. Fast plays get the ball out of his hand fast. Run lots of play action. 

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Curious to see what Dru Brown can do too. Hopefully he gets a quarter. He put up some pretty decent numbers in college(Hawaii/Oklahoma).

Not me.  This game is all about getting 12 some live fire and seeing what he's made of.  If we need a dagger drive or a comeback drive in the 4Q I want to see McGuire in there, figure out if he can deliver the goods when the chips are down.

Saturday forecast in mtl is cloudy and 10C with no rain .... pretty clean conditions for November ... so SMc looks to have some nice weather to work in.

17 hours ago, Brandon said:

I don't get the idea of McGuire as a runner,  he was always looked upon as a gunslinger with a good arm and good pocket presence.      

He has a quick release  so why not lots of play action and quick outs to beat the blitz.   

He showed an ability to use his legs in preseason in 2019. He ain't streveler in terms of running but he can move if he has to. To me it's his pocket presence that stood out, and a big arm.