3 stars and hh Lol'ouettes another pretender crowned.

wbbfan

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Re: the overturned OPI call..... On the initial watch I thought Rose fell easily. Not saying he dove, but felt like he was a small guy who lost a battle. I wasn't surprised they overturned it. Still looked bad, just on optics, to overturn that. 

But the receivers break can't be plant a foot, toss a DB, come back to the ball.  That's textbook OPI doesn't matter if the DB hits the turf or just gets knocked off stride.  Every player on the field has a right to their space whether they play O or D.  Can't make contact like that more than 5 yards off the line.

33 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Both feet were OOB before Bighill destroyed him. We've all seen that kind of play called RP tons of times. No surprise that the ALs wanted a penalty.

They weren't making those calls all night.  Collaros took several late hits, one high one too.  One on a scramble he got shoved out of bounds two strides after he threw the ball.  Zero calls.

23 minutes ago, Booch said:

Most of Marshals and Gainey's interceptions are poorly thrown balls right in their gut as they just standing there..not due to coverage or a great anticipation play....especially Gainey...most overrated and considered all start worthy defensive back in league....Marshal has a bit more skill but is all yap yap yap after the whistle..but if u watch him play doesn't have a set of onions to stick his nose in there and make a hit..he ***** foots around and almost avoids any contact..neither one would make our roster..or Ham...Mtl...CGy and I woukd even say Toronto's....be tough to crack Edmonton's too

Marshall just straight up gambles for picks that's it. Gets beaten a ton because of it.  Sure he does get some into out of the deal but he is a guy playing only for himself.

46 minutes ago, Booch said:

Most of Marshals and Gainey's interceptions are poorly thrown balls right in their gut as they just standing there..not due to coverage or a great anticipation play....especially Gainey...most overrated and considered all start worthy defensive back in league....Marshal has a bit more skill but is all yap yap yap after the whistle..but if u watch him play doesn't have a set of onions to stick his nose in there and make a hit..he ***** foots around and almost avoids any contact..neither one would make our roster..or Ham...Mtl...CGy and I woukd even say Toronto's....be tough to crack Edmonton's too

Marshall is more interested in hitting after the whistle than between them for sure and him and Gainey are yappy.

Nobody is worried about throwing at either. We were basically on our goal line at went deep on Marshall with Adams in the West Final.

They get the TSN push 

46 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They weren't making those calls all night.  Collaros took several late hits, one high one too.  One on a scramble he got shoved out of bounds two strides after he threw the ball.  Zero calls.

Nick Usher is a walking penalty. I am sure he got away with plenty.

A little late but here we go:

1.  Collaros much harder game than he was likely expecting, and played through some big hits

2. Demski.....see above

3. Thomas....great sack and solid presence on the line. Unsung hero for sure.

Crunch: absolutely goes to Biggie and that huge hit

HH. Defensive line that shut the door late in the game and pressured Harris repeatedly.

HH#2. Rose; Grant

1 minute ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

It’s crazy how reliable Lawler is. I swear I keep  on looking at the box score and I see numbers like 7 caches and 111 yards each week even though while I’m watching the game I’m thinking he’s having a good game but the numbers always seem to surprise me. Just quietly up numbers week after week. 

Yeah league leader in 30+ plays too for all the hype Whitehead gets.

IMO #2 in MOP race for the whole league, and his own team.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah league leader in 30+ plays too for all the hype Whitehead gets.

IMO #2 in MOP race for the whole league, and his own team.

I was worried our receiving core would be our weakness but Lawler has turned into that number one guy, and Bailey and Adam’s have been good complementary pieces, and Demski has really stepped up as an outstanding Canadian receiver, and woli is a solid complimentary piece. 

2 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I was worried our receiving core would be our weakness but Lawler has turned into that number one guy, and Bailey and Adam’s have been good complementary pieces, and Demski has really stepped up as an outstanding Canadian receiver, and woli is a solid complimentary piece. 

Yeah Demski and Harris are neck and neck for most yards from scrimmage by a Canadian with Oliveira not far behind.  Three of top five Canadians in yards from scrimmage are Bombers, Gittens and Schaffer-Baker in there too.

28 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Adams is not having the kind of year expected of him.

1 minute ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

That’s okay we don’t need him to be the Darvin Adam’s of 2018 in this offence as long as he blocks well, and provides a few big catches every game(which he is doing) 

Realistically i feel he is doing well when you consider he is basically our 4th receiver behind Lawler, Demski and Bailey...

4 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Realistically i feel he is doing well when you consider he is basically our 4th receiver behind Lawler, Demski and Bailey...

For sure he’s averaging 16 yards a catch and about 2.5 catches a game.  I definitely consider him our fourth option on the offense so I have no problems with it. Should we think about moving on after this season? Perhaps but nothing wrong for what his role is in this offence. 

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

30 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I mean he's not in a role to have numbers like he has in the past.  He needs to make plays when they come his way, he's struggled at times (like the back to back vs Argos) but for the most part made catches in the 2nd half of the season.

15 minutes ago, JCon said:

No way that's a penalty. The whistle comes while he's delivering the hit.

I suppose Bighill is now responsible to examine the others players feet and not play to the whistle? What nonsense. 

No kidding. Bitching bout that hit when on special teams guys pile on for 10 seconds then the whistle goes is ridiculous.  Biggie hit was clean... whoever thinks it wasn't is a dumbass 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

He's 4th option guy. What did u expect? 

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

Not sure anyone can live up to your lofty expectations.  I mean you seemed ready to give Bailey an apple and a road map earlier in the year.

There are a number of factors at play with his numbers this year, liķe starting the year on the IR, having a new OC and the progression of the other receivers. 

For how many times he's targeted,  he seems to draw a fair number of PI calls so those are yards he's getting for us but it won't show up in his stats.

31 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Not sure anyone can live up to your lofty expectations.  I mean you seemed ready to give Bailey an apple and a road map earlier in the year.

There are a number of factors at play with his numbers this year, liķe starting the year on the IR, having a new OC and the progression of the other receivers. 

For how many times he's targeted,  he seems to draw a fair number of PI calls so those are yards he's getting for us but it won't show up in his stats.

Bailey did get off to a very slow start, so that was a valid comment at that time.