3 stars and hh Lol'ouettes another pretender crowned.

wbbfan

23 minutes ago, JCon said:

Please someone explain the overturned call? We were gobsmacked in the stands that the Als challenged. And, then they won? We saw it in front of us and knew the call was coming. They showed one replay where Rose clearly gets pushed and falls down. 

How did TSN justify the "no PI" call?

We were literally laughing.

The only reason he was open was because he pushed off on Rose.

Eugene Lewis is a real good player but he does this a lot.

I have to say too our d was outstanding. Especially after that early touchdown in the 3rd quarter. They buckled down and didn’t allow Montreal to keep the momentum or when we took the league we knew they were going to try and push. I love the big hit Bighill laid as the Montreal receiver was trying to tip toe out of bounds. One of my biggest pet peeves is when these guys are dancing on the side lines no one makes them pay as they take their sweet time to go out of bounds. That was awesome. 

6 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I have to say too our d was outstanding. Especially after that early touchdown in the 3rd quarter. They buckled down and didn’t allow Montreal to keep the momentum or when we took the league we knew they were going to try and push. I love the big hit Bighill laid as the Montreal receiver was trying to tip toe out of bounds. One of my biggest pet peeves is when these guys are dancing on the side lines no one makes them pay as they take their sweet time to go out of bounds. That was awesome. 

It was. Harris was lobbying for a flag.

So we beat every team in the league (Ottawa doesn't count as we know that result)....some more than once..so have we been lucky with our schedule...have we been lucky cause we beat no top teams...is it just weird cause teams play bad against us..so we lucky?? ...it is so weird tho 🤣

Or is it we are best in league...and it's not even close? I pick the latter....weird hahaha

11 hours ago, BBlink said:

I could be wrong but I think Rose only gave up yardage in the first quarter. Once he got comfortable he locked it down.

BTW, does anyone know if Nichols was hurt? I saw Jones out there playing half back at the end. 

He was running some sprints on the sidelines, must have gotten a little nicked and was trying to convince someone to let him back in. 

Sure would like to know Hardrick’s injury. With the effort he puts in to cheering on the sidelines I can’t fathom that he isn’t good to play. 

4 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

He was running some sprints on the sidelines, must have gotten a little nicked and was trying to convince someone to let him back in. 

Sure would like to know Hardrick’s injury. With the effort he puts in to cheering on the sidelines I can’t fathom that he isn’t good to play. 

That all to common hip injury..it's been a pandemic this yr... everyone has multiple hip ailments if u havnt noticed haha

I bet Hardrick plays next week tho

17 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Agreed on all of that, and the bolded drives me nuts.

CoFaj is the absolute worst at trying to get calls by sliding/getting down late or slow up going out of bounds to get bumped.

Refs have caught on and it is why he doesn't/won't get the benefit of the doubt anymore. 

Play football and don't just look for shitty calls because you can't move the ball on your own.

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

So we beat every team in the league (Ottawa doesn't count as we know that result)....some more than once..so have we been lucky with our schedule...have we been lucky cause we beat no top teams...is it just weird cause teams play bad against us..so we lucky?? ...it is so weird tho 🤣

Or is it we are best in league...and it's not even close? I pick the latter....weird hahaha

Just weird how lucky we are and how everyone plays their worst against us.

The Als played well, but no points in the last 28 minutes...

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

That all to common hip injury..it's been a pandemic this yr... everyone has multiple hip ailments if u havnt noticed haha

I bet Hardrick plays next week tho

It is weird.

Thorax is still my favourite MOS injury status. 

11 hours ago, Mark H. said:

If I had a vote, it would go to Jeffcoat.  That motor never stops and he plays very disciplined ball. 

I'm sliding over from team Jeffcoat to ba. When is the last time a s won modp. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Rose was pushed. How they didn't call PI was mind boggling.

Not only that but to over turn that on review flies in the face of review rules. Typical trash command center and reffing this year. It goes in all directions but still isn't close to consistent. 

Just now, rebusrankin said:

Just watched the replay and don't see how that call was overturned.

As for MODP, Biggie, Alexander, Jefferson, Jeffcoat could all get the nod and I'd be like yep.

Some one needs to tell our big wrs it's OK to straight up run into a db arm out pancake em and make a catch. The offense will be un stopable 

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

So the bighill hit was close to being late. Receiver stepped out before, but the whistle wassow and the receiver kept playing like he was in. I can see why people would be upset and maybe a flag is thrown if the refs are calling a 0 tolerance game... but if the receiver wants to keep running you gotta expect the D will keep playing too.

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So the bighill hit was close to being late. Receiver stepped out before, but the whistle wassow and the receiver kept playing like he was in. I can see why people would be upset and maybe a flag is thrown if the refs are calling a 0 tolerance game... but if the receiver wants to keep running you gotta expect the D will keep playing too.

That was a reputation non call, too.... Bighill isn't known for being someone to play outside the lines. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Alford came from about 10 yards away on that pick.

Excellent read and timing. That was the "baiting" that Nick Marshall gets so much credit for.

Most of Marshals and Gainey's interceptions are poorly thrown balls right in their gut as they just standing there..not due to coverage or a great anticipation play....especially Gainey...most overrated and considered all start worthy defensive back in league....Marshal has a bit more skill but is all yap yap yap after the whistle..but if u watch him play doesn't have a set of onions to stick his nose in there and make a hit..he ***** foots around and almost avoids any contact..neither one would make our roster..or Ham...Mtl...CGy and I woukd even say Toronto's....be tough to crack Edmonton's too