Dodo Birds at CHAMPS GDT

Nolby

34 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Military Appreciation Night. Thank you to all who have made the ultimate sacrifice, and to those who continue to serve.

Go blue!

If you haven’t yet, go buy a poppy to wear to the game tonight, and even more so when you see a military personnel or veteran, walk up, shake their hand, and thank them for what they have given this country. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

32 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

If you haven’t yet, go buy a poppy to wear to the game tonight, and even more so when you see a military personnel or veteran, walk up, shake their hand, and thank them for what they have given this country. 

https://legion.ca/remembrance/the-poppy-campaign

Above link contains a listng of business which will have donation boxes. Not sure if other had had trouble finding poppies, but the link above has listing of businesses that have partnered.

I can also say personally that most 7-11s have them too.

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I will one up you by brining a military vet to the game with me 😀

https://www.bluebombers.com/2021/11/06/game-preview-mtl-vs-wpg-4/

Quotable

Some juicy comments this week out of Montreal, courtesy a story done by Herb Zurkowsky of The Gazette.

In this piece, Alouettes linebacker Patrick Levels said, among other things: “I feel like we have the better team, for sure.”

Asked to comment on what Levels said following Friday’s walk-through, Bombers middle linebacker Adam Bighill offered this:

“If he didn’t say that he probably wouldn’t be a very good competitor. Everyone should have that mindset about their team. So, he can think whatever he wants. Come out and play the game and we’ll see who’s going to win. We’re not taking them for granted or lightly. They’re a good football team. We’ve got to come out here and play our best to win. That’s the facts. Our record says a lot about who we are as a team and it speaks about consistency. That’s the one thing, we’ve got to go out there and continue to prove it.”

I'm hoping we don't just go through the motions .....Playing it a little soft leads to more injuries than going  all out and at a higher level....I think we'll experiment with some different game plans and possible with some of our back-ups.....That shouldn't be a problem as we are very deep in the talent dept. ....just need to play it like it's meaningful reg. season game....In other words ....don't take your foot of the gas

13 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I'm hoping we don't just go through the motions .....Playing it a little soft leads to more injuries than going  all out and at a higher level....I think we'll experiment with some different game plans and possible with some of our back-ups.....That shouldn't be a problem as we are very deep in the talent dept. ....just need to play it like it's meaningful reg. season game....In other words ....don't take your foot of the gas

Read the Bighill quote above your post…

49 minutes ago, Stickem said:

This week will be full throttle. No backups unless the game is out of hand. 

They won't start playing with line ups and formations etc until next week (if they do at all).

18 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

LOL'ouettes

They couldve tried to play it smart and sneak out a win today. Which would be huge for them. But instead they poked the hornets nest. This defense loves to play smash mouth football, and the offense loves big plays as much as pounding the ball. 

Im glad the als chose certain death. Ortolan bunting is on the menu for a hungry bomber team tonight, courtesy of the lol'ouettes. 

44 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

They couldve tried to play it smart and sneak out a win today. Which would be huge for them. But instead they poked the hornets nest. This defense loves to play smash mouth football, and the offense loves big plays as much as pounding the ball. 

Im glad the als chose certain death. Ortolan bunting is on the menu for a hungry bomber team tonight, courtesy of the lol'ouettes. 

Yup!

Here is the English translation of the French song Allouette.   Appropriate for the day.  

CHORUS: Lark, gentle lark, Lark, I will pluck your feathers!
I will pluck a feather from your head, And your head,
Lark,
Ah!
CHORUS
I will pluck a feather from your beak, And your beak,
And your head,
Lark,
Ah! CHORUS
I will pluck a feather from your wings, And your wings,
And your beak,
And your head,
Lark, Ah!
CHORUS
I will pluck a feather from your tail, And your tail,
And your wings,
And your beak,
And your head, Lark,
Ah!
CHORUS
I will pluck a feather from your legs, And your legs,
And your tail,
And your wings,
And your beak, And your head, Lark,
Ah!
CHORUS X2

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

We offered them liberty.  We offered them death. They chose death.

Damn...looks like we gonna have to listen to suitor tonight..drone on and on and on about Standback..and pointless other quips..and probably constant blathering on about what will bomber do..rest guys...don't dress some...risk injury..and how we gonna be somehow behind 8 ball due to either rust..or the season ending in lack of focus and we drop a dud..I can hear it already