GDT: GAME 6 @ Anaheim

iHeart

10 hours ago, captaincanuck12 said:

PLD needs to be benched.  Two awful giveaways led to 2 goals against.

~~~~~~

Ehlers beauty tie!!! And some puck luck to get the win!  

Those were 2 brutal giveaways, for sure, but you don’t bench him.  He’s been playing well overall and those miscues are correctable.  We need to remember he’s only 23 and still learning.

6 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

What a shot by Ehlers to tie it up late. Wow. Gibson's like c'mon man.

Also, imagine instead if Matthews or Marner had scored that Ehlers goal last night, TSN would still be orgasming and talking about how its time to put them in the same conversation as McDavid.

On 2021-10-27 at 9:26 AM, BomberBall said:

Those were 2 brutal giveaways, for sure, but you don’t bench him.  He’s been playing well overall and those miscues are correctable.  We need to remember he’s only 23 and still learning.

It was more frustration at that point for me.   Would the tune have changed had they not won?   Those turnovers could (should) have been the difference in the game and he's very fortunate they didn't cost the team 2 pts.  I'm still rooting for the guy and think he's gonna be solid for a long time coming.

3 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

It was more frustration at that point for me.   Would the tune have changed had they not won?   Those turnovers could (should) have been the difference in the game and he's very fortunate they didn't cost the team 2 pts.  I'm still rooting for the guy and think he's gonna be solid for a long time coming.

I hear ya, it was frustrating as hell.  But no, my opinion wouldn’t have changed.  Young players are going to make some bone headed plays… You just hope they learn from them.