CFL awards

Nolby

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Wow....I don't think you are watching the same Bighill as I am....perhaps his brother Norman? Bighill is definitely the best MIKE in the West this year. It's not just tackles with Biggie he is picking off balls 25 yards downfield, and is blitzing then chasing down guys in the flats. He is a beast this year. 2019 I would have definitely agreed with you but there is nothing over rated about Biggie this year. 

Doesn't matter who is playing the best really, awards and all-stars come down to stats and reputation.

48 minutes ago, Noeller said:

speaking of awards, anyone see that the Bombers didn't warrant a single Player Of The Week this week, following a 45-0 demolition of the Lions.......?

The way the Bombers are dominating to date this year it's like the league has to somehow attain parity thru other means in this case player of the week awards.

6 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

The way the Bombers are dominating to date this year it's like the league has to somehow attain parity thru other means in this case player of the week awards.

It feels like CFLs slogan should really be "sharing is caring". If a team dominates game after game with top performers then give them their credit,who cares if its the same people who are constantly being rewarded. Don't like it? Take it from them then.

Honestly, I don’t know which Bomber was more deserving of the POTW than the three named. Stanback had over 200 yards rushing, Lewis had 156 yards receiving and 2 TDs. Hunter had two picks. No one on offence for the Bombers had eye-popping numbers, and Jeffcoat’s two sacks might give him a chance, but turnovers are usually regarded more highly. I am more than happy with a dominant TEAM win than picking one or two guys and ignoring the rest who were equally as important in the win. There is only one truly important thing to win, and the Bombers plan to keep it in their possession on December 12. 

12 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Honestly, I don’t know which Bomber was more deserving of the POTW than the three named. Stanback had over 200 yards rushing, Lewis had 156 yards receiving and 2 TDs. Hunter had two picks. No one on offence for the Bombers had eye-popping numbers, and Jeffcoat’s two sacks might give him a chance, but turnovers are usually regarded more highly. I am more than happy with a dominant TEAM win than picking one or two guys and ignoring the rest who were equally as important in the win. There is only one truly important thing to win, and the Bombers plan to keep it in their possession on December 12. 

That's kind of the amazing part about this team... we win 45-0 and no single player really stands out and dominant... that's what you call a TEAM

14 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

You just have to look at the 2019 CFL players awards as opposed to who romped to the Grey Cup as proof you are correct.

On 2021-10-26 at 8:53 PM, 17to85 said:

Bomber fans are just taken for granted. We stick with our team no matter what so the cfl doesn't feel the need to spend much time on thr Bombers. 

A good litmus test. Wearing your colours the next day after losing or being blown out. Try doing that in another province, it's loads of fun. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think our OL gets 3 All - Star nods, Bryant and Dejarlais are shoo - ins, and either Couture or Hardrick will get the third.  I don't see how you can give all - star nods to any OL other than the Stamps and Bombers. 

Bryant is a lock for most outstanding OL - there'a gonna be a drop off when that guy retires. 

Bryant got jobbed so hard last year it's not even funny...that was just pathetic...and the grey cup game was proof positive.

They should just hand it to him this yr...along with an apology....

That was as sad as Dan Clarke getting all-star nod...he's maybe the 4th or 5th best center at best in league..is most immobile unathletic and pathetically out of shape slob looking lineman in the league...he must be related to Suitor...or pays suitor to pump him up cause that too is just sad

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Bryant got jobbed so hard last year it's not even funny...that was just pathetic...and the grey cup game was proof positive.

They should just hand it to him this yr...along with an apology....

That was as sad as Dan Clarke getting all-star nod...he's maybe the 4th or 5th best center at best in league..is most immobile unathletic and pathetically out of shape slob looking lineman in the league...he must be related to Suitor...or pays suitor to pump him up cause that too is just sad

But Dan Clark has grit and he's a good hometown boy who has passion.... so therefore immediate all star....

34 minutes ago, coach17 said:

After watching the Packers go down this afternoon, I’m now convinced of the value of a great quarterback even with all stars all around him. For sure Collaros has to be this years MVP no one else is even close.

Important to note that the award is Most Outstanding Player as opposed to Most Valuable Player. It's a small but important distinction. 

I would like to see a change in the awards where the top 3 are nominated for each award as opposed to one west vs one east. And no cap one per team. There have been many years where the best two players in a category come from the same division, and the east-west final is anticlimactic. And also years where two players from one team deserve to be in the top 3 (Stegall-Khari in 2002, Flutie-Pitts, Calvillo-Pringle as a few examples). Frankly, Jefferson, Jeffcoat and Bighill all deserve to be finalists for MODP over any other player I can think of. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever