Rookie starters in secondary....

do or die

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

But how long since he's seen "live bullets", as they say? Hasn't played an actual game since the Grey Cup, likely.... vs guys that have been there for 11 weeks now. Trust me, I'm a Winston Rose fan, and fully trust the coaching staff to have a plan, but it's not as simple as "Rose plays immediately and will instantly make them better"...

He practiced with an NFL team all last year while everyone else was sitting at home. 

I don't know how they work him in, but I don't think we have to be worried about his readiness to come in.

49 minutes ago, Jesse said:

He practiced with an NFL team all last year while everyone else was sitting at home. 

I don't know how they work him in, but I don't think we have to be worried about his readiness to come in.

IIRC, he played in two regular season games for the Bengals during the 2020 season and spent the rest of his NFL tenure on the practice squad until he was released this past September.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

IIRC, he played in two regular season games for the Bengals during the 2020 season and spent the rest of his NFL tenure on the practice squad until he was released this past September.

I believe he was moved to the active roster but scratched for the games, so I don't believe he actually played.

3 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

All of Alexander, Taylor, Maston and Johnson have expiring contract. 
I'm guessing Jones is probably at the last year of his rookie contract. 
Not sure about Darby, probably is on a expiring contract also. 

Given the short nature of CFL deals, and the covid year with several renegotiated deals, I suspect every team is going to end the year with a record number of FAs. I expect nearly all the vets in the league to be playing the final year right now. The front offices are gonna be real busy bringing guys back. 

51 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Given the short nature of CFL deals, and the covid year with several renegotiated deals, I suspect every team is going to end the year with a record number of FAs. I expect nearly all the vets in the league to be playing the final year right now. The front offices are gonna be real busy bringing guys back. 

I know it's the CFL and money matters more than loyalty at times(exceptions like Bighill,Jefferson etc) but I do hope lots of these guys see what we've built here and want to keep this train chugging along.

8 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I know it's the CFL and money matters more than loyalty at times(exceptions like Bighill,Jefferson etc) but I do hope lots of these guys see what we've built here and want to keep this train chugging along.

For sure, and I dont think they will have trouble retaining the core guys at all. And we have a few really good young guys ready to step up plus walters n co have shown they can find guys to step in and contribute. Next years roster could look very different than this one, but I bet it will still be very much the same kind of team. 

10 minutes ago, Nolby said:

This is really what they did this year. Some players, with no business taking a discount for their services, still took a discount. Quite the team Walters has built. 

5 hours ago, Mike said:

All I know is we should enjoy Alford while he’s here.

I’d be genuinely shocked if he was here next year. Legit Juran Bolden vibes.

remember in game one of the season when Hamilton barely got the ball over his hands for their touchdowns pass and the panel were all guffawing about rookies in the secondary for winnipeg? Good Times. Alford was literally half a step away from an interception on the play and they were quick to **** all over him. 

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Every team will looking to raid the Bomber roster. As cream rises to the top, it gets skimmed off.