Jump to content

GDT - Week 12 - Lions @ Champs


JCon
 Share

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

FFS, can we just ease up on@lyin' guyguy- dudes team didn't even show up- of course he's going to be pissed and vocal about the beat down... he can't do it here freely, so of course he's going to unload on another site .. dude's  generally pretty good- i would be cursing a blue streak at any team that beat us down like that... 

No.

he doesn’t own it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got to witness my first live game in 2 years today (section 131) fantastic seats too and wow what a game to go to.

 

Some notes from me;

Oliveria, although may develop into a true number one running back, isnt there yet in my opinion. The Bomber brass must be pretty high on him, rightfilly so. Just wonder why Johnny A hasnt gotten the same opportunities.

BC simply did not have time to develop any intermediate to deep routes, and when they did, the secondary was all over it. The Bomber d is the best ive ever seen in the Cfl, ive been a somewhat "knowledgeable" football fan for 12 or so years. Listening to the post game and some of the stats the guys were listing off were unfathomable.

 

Our receiving core also doesnt get the credit they deserve. Any guy can make a play on any given second and I saw maybe one drop tonight? Adams is still a good number 2 receiver, and although he doesnt have that break away speed he makes up with it with great blocking and really sells his routes on run plays.

Zach Collaros is so so so much more accurate than Nichols ever was. Hangs in the pocket, and tonight anyway, made great choices with the ball. 

 

Grant is electric. The guy is an NFL talent in my opinion (which isnt much, but)

45-0 felt like I was watching a video game 

Thanks for reading

Edited by CodyT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Got to witness my first live game in 2 years today (section 131) fantastic seats too and wow what a game to go to.

 

Some notes from me;

Oliveria, although may develop into a true number one running back, isnt there yet in my opinion. The Bomber brass must be pretty high on him, rightfilly so. Just wonder why Johnny A hasnt gotten the same opportunities.

BC simply did not have time to develop any intermediate to deep routes, and when they did, the secondary was all over it. The Bomber d is the best ive ever seen in the Cfl, ive been a somewhat "knowledgeable" football fan for 12 or so years. Listening to the post game and some of the stats the guys were listing off were unfathomable.

 

Our receiving core also doesnt get the credit they deserve. Any guy can make a play on any given second and I saw maybe one drop tonight? Adams is still a good number 2 receiver, and although he doesnt have that break away speed he makes up with it with great blocking and really sells his routes on run plays.

Zach Collaros is so so so much more accurate than Nichols ever was. Hangs in the pocket, and tonight anyway, made great choices with the ball. 

 

Grant is electric. The guy is an NFL talent in my opinion (which isnt much, but)

45-0 felt like I was watching a video game 

Thanks for reading

Brady played well he had all the hard runs of the night. Game was over when Augustine came in. He gashes a huge gain and looked good but at that point bc wasn't canceling gaps any more. 

Brady still got 4 yards per Carry despite the hard runs. If we had mixed augustine in early and some more cut back and out side runs we could force them out of their gaps and they could open each other's game up. 

Collaros ability to break the pocket beat the rush then hit an open man is a game changer. He beats a good 3 or 4 pressures every game and picks up a first down oh most and atleast one big gain every single game. He's the complete package just soo damned good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Brady played well he had all the hard runs of the night. Game was over when Augustine came in. He gashes a huge gain and looked good but at that point bc wasn't canceling gaps any more. 

Brady still got 4 yards per Carry despite the hard runs. If we had mixed augustine in early and some more cut back and out side runs we could force them out of their gaps and they could open each other's game up. 

Collaros ability to break the pocket beat the rush then hit an open man is a game changer. He beats a good 3 or 4 pressures every game and picks up a first down oh most and atleast one big gain every single game. He's the complete package just soo damned good. 

I firmly believe Zach is the love-child of Tom Clements...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Brady played well he had all the hard runs of the night. Game was over when Augustine came in. He gashes a huge gain and looked good but at that point bc wasn't canceling gaps any more. 

Brady still got 4 yards per Carry despite the hard runs. If we had mixed augustine in early and some more cut back and out side runs we could force them out of their gaps and they could open each other's game up. 

Collaros ability to break the pocket beat the rush then hit an open man is a game changer. He beats a good 3 or 4 pressures every game and picks up a first down oh most and atleast one big gain every single game. He's the complete package just soo damned good. 

Yeah, Brady played well. Weve just been so spoiled with Harris. I dont think Brady sees the field quite like a true #1 yet. Give it time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CodyT said:

Yeah, Brady played well. Weve just been so spoiled with Harris. I dont think Brady sees the field quite like a true #1 yet. Give it time

Harris had a lot of tough runs this year too. Teams are playing the tight zone inside zone run differently than in 19. We need go see more creative runs regularly. We see flashes called once or so a game late. Buck might be holding that back for the post season though. 

Bradys vision and patience has been great in the two partial games. Simple nature of the game is that some times run plays will get blown up in the back field and some times the d will get every gap. 

Brady is 100 percent an every down starting rb in the cfl right now. Augustine might be too though in 19 his blocking was lacking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jpan85 said:

Rick Campbell should be charged with abuse. I felt bad for Michael Reilly as he kept trotting him out there when he could barely move and a bomber defence looking for blood.

If I was him I'd a handed off every single play. Maybe put in Rainey and run wild cat or some jazz. You aren't gonna win and you're probably still a play off team. Don't risk Reilly. If I was Reilly I'd be looking for a new team or new management that can build an ol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

FFS, can we just ease up on@lyin' guyguy- dudes team didn't even show up- of course he's going to be pissed and vocal about the beat down... he can't do it here freely, so of course he's going to unload on another site .. dude's  generally pretty good- i would be cursing a blue streak at any team that beat us down like that... 

 

Nope. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

BC needs an entire rebuild.

Outside of Reilly, Burnham and some former Bombers they are complete trash.

Burnham continually signs one year deals with BC - he must really like living in Vancouver but also want to play elsewhere. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Harris had a lot of tough runs this year too. Teams are playing the tight zone inside zone run differently than in 19. We need go see more creative runs regularly. We see flashes called once or so a game late. Buck might be holding that back for the post season though. 

Bradys vision and patience has been great in the two partial games. Simple nature of the game is that some times run plays will get blown up in the back field and some times the d will get every gap. 

Brady is 100 percent an every down starting rb in the cfl right now. Augustine might be too though in 19 his blocking was lacking. 

Thanks for the insight. Appreciate your knowledge

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Rick Campbell should be charged with abuse. I felt bad for Michael Reilly as he kept trotting him out there when he could barely move and a bomber defence looking for blood.

what is the rationale for the roster rule change allowing only two QBs on the game roster?

whoever had that brain wave, they're the villains here too.  happens a few times every season that a team has to go three deep on QBs.

Edited by johnzo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, johnzo said:

what is the rationale for the roster rule change allowing only two QBs on the game roster?

they're the villains here too.

Probably money savings. Getting a decent us project qb to come up still costs a decent penny. 

 I don't see any reason go not have 2 imp qbs and 1 Ni slot on the active roster. Maybe give teams the ability to opt out due to injury but make it a bonus roster spot. 

Maybe they don't want 3rd stringers covering kicks like Bennett was for us. But they could put rules in for that too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

If I was him I'd a handed off every single play. Maybe put in Rainey and run wild cat or some jazz. You aren't gonna win and you're probably still a play off team. Don't risk Reilly. If I was Reilly I'd be looking for a new team or new management that can build an ol. 

Who was the emergency third string qb for the Lions? I agree with Duane Forde that the 2 qbs  on the roster is stupid. They have to go back to 3. What if Reilly had been injured because he had to play?? Just really a short sighted decision on the CFL's part. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, lyin' guy said:

Correct. You will.  My prediction. That's all. Nothing disrespectful. Just pulling for someone to beat you. I would think the whole league is. Don't be slighted, it's an envious position to be in. 

I predict the bombers will not go 3-0 in the playoffs at IGF west this year. 

 

Also predict you will spend more time posting with the banjo crew down the stretch... 

 

Have a good night bruh. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Another gem:

"Their injuries will come"

Ok, here goes: Demski, Harris(twice), Hardrick, Richardson, Wilson, Darby, Grant, Lawler suspended, Taylor. Did i miss anyone?!?!? Probably. Oh but injuries are coming, just you wait......

I think the main problem is most other teams fans have no idea how significant some of those injuries are… they have no idea how good Stove and Wilson are, for example… they just see that Jefferson, Jeffcoat, and Biggie have played all year and therefore we’ve been perfectly healthy on D all year… I don’t put too much stock into those “assessments” bc it’s mostly due to ignorance…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Who was the emergency third string qb for the Lions? I agree with Duane Forde that the 2 qbs  on the roster is stupid. They have to go back to 3. What if Reilly had been injured because he had to play?? Just really a short sighted decision on the CFL's part. 

Second time this year that the 2 qbs limit burnt teams, yesterday and I think it was the Ott fiasco. yeah, a 3rd QB would be a good idea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Who was the emergency third string qb for the Lions? I agree with Duane Forde that the 2 qbs  on the roster is stupid. They have to go back to 3. What if Reilly had been injured because he had to play?? Just really a short sighted decision on the CFL's part. 

Idk who their guy is. Usually it's a speedy guy who converted from qb in college or a  Canadian guy. 

It is awful. Especially given the nature of our game. The NFL is much more of a pocket passer league with the extra down meaning throw aways can be used to save qbs butts. The 2 qb roster doesn't work here. We've seen it a couple times this year already. 

 

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Reminder that teams CAN dress 3 qb's still. 

They can but then they lose a critical di. No one is gonna do that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...