GDT - Week 12 - Lions @ Champs

JCon

42 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Was also inconsolable. 

God I hate that lightning bolt logo and the terrible uniforms.

I think I was three sheets to the wind by half time and so don't remember much, just being disgusted with the score and hoping one day we would have our revenge.  And yes, those are incredibly ugly uniforms.  Not sure what people were thinking back then...

13 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Was also inconsolable. 

God I hate that lightning bolt logo and the terrible uniforms.

I wasn't inconsolable. I was spitting mad watching from my rec room in Calgary. Followed by moments of numbness, disbelief & shock. 

13 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I think I was three sheets to the wind by half time and so don't remember much, just being disgusted with the score and hoping one day we would have our revenge.  And yes, those are incredibly ugly uniforms.  Not sure what people were thinking back then...

It was a Cal Murphy initiative. He wanted to change the look of the team. 

7 minutes ago, do or die said:

The absolute nadir uni wise....... was sitting in the stands, watching the players from our proud franchise, come out for warm up......in those grotesque Reebok 3rd jerseys.    Disgraceful,.

Those are the worst in club/possibly league history.

Total trash.

Bird **** uniforms 

I think they were hated so much the team actually refused to use them the amount of times the contract with Reebok stipulated.

11 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Winnipeg Blue Bombers unveil new 'signature' gear | CBC News

By far the ugliest, most horrific jersey the bombers have ever used. 

On a side note. Ever notice how when we went back to the classic jersey combination we started winning like the 80’s and early 90’s? Coincidence I think not ;)

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

7 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

By far the ugliest, most horrific jersey the bombers have ever used. 

On a side note. Ever notice how when we went back to the classic jersey combination we started winning like the 80’s and early 90’s? Coincidence I think not ;)

It didn't happen right away, but yes, switching back to the old traditional winning colours was definitely a step in the right direction.  I remember thinking "finally" when they announced the switch back to the old colours.  It just felt that we had been wandering in the wilderness for all those years, and had finally found the track to get out again to relive the days of yore.

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

It didn't happen right away, but yes, switching back to the old traditional winning colours was definitely a step in the right direction.  I remember thinking "finally" when they announced the switch back to the old colours.  It just felt that we had been wandering in the wilderness for all those years, and had finally found the track to get out again to relive the days of yore.

For a no-brainer........this took far too long....

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I think it was basically right away.

Did we not switch back to our proper colours and 80s/90s style uniforms in 2016? 

Playoffs every year since.

I think we also had a great record in the retros using that era even when the team sucked.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Winnipeg Blue Bombers unveil new 'signature' gear | CBC News

Fun fact - we are undefeated wearing these………things. Only worn once, we beat the Als. 

I did not mind the lightning bolt on the pants as it was a nice nod to the 50’s and 60’s teams, but the blue pants, blue helmet, no. And the lightning bolt logo was hit and miss, better with the white “W” than the blue. But the royals are the best no question. I think the excuse was they did not manufacture that shade of blue so they went darker. Seems strange as an explanation, since we were able to go back to it. 

-Blue Camo jerseys are all time worst

-All Gold kits from 07, as well as we played in them, were a close second

-Re: Going back to the royal blue kits...... I remember reading a quote where Wade said he didn't want to go back to those until we had a quality team on the field, so as not to embarrass that once glorious image (or something to that effect) so that's why there was a bit of a delay in going back to them full time. 

43 minutes ago, Noeller said:

-Blue Camo jerseys are all time worst

-All Gold kits from 07, as well as we played in them, were a close second

-Re: Going back to the royal blue kits...... I remember reading a quote where Wade said he didn't want to go back to those until we had a quality team on the field, so as not to embarrass that once glorious image (or something to that effect) so that's why there was a bit of a delay in going back to them full time. 

Ugh, the all-gold. Not the 07 Grey Cup ones, the 2013 when they combined the gold tops with the gold pants for a game in Toronto. Just threw up in my mouth a bit. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever