GDT - Week 12 - Lions @ Champs

JCon

18 hours ago, CodyT said:

Got to witness my first live game in 2 years today (section 131) fantastic seats too and wow what a game to go to.

Some notes from me;

Oliveria, although may develop into a true number one running back, isnt there yet in my opinion. The Bomber brass must be pretty high on him, rightfilly so. Just wonder why Johnny A hasnt gotten the same opportunities.

BC simply did not have time to develop any intermediate to deep routes, and when they did, the secondary was all over it. The Bomber d is the best ive ever seen in the Cfl, ive been a somewhat "knowledgeable" football fan for 12 or so years. Listening to the post game and some of the stats the guys were listing off were unfathomable.

Our receiving core also doesnt get the credit they deserve. Any guy can make a play on any given second and I saw maybe one drop tonight? Adams is still a good number 2 receiver, and although he doesnt have that break away speed he makes up with it with great blocking and really sells his routes on run plays.

Zach Collaros is so so so much more accurate than Nichols ever was. Hangs in the pocket, and tonight anyway, made great choices with the ball. 

Grant is electric. The guy is an NFL talent in my opinion (which isnt much, but)

45-0 felt like I was watching a video game 

Thanks for reading

Oliviera was really good at the start of the game, but seemed to struggle as the game wore on. Was glad to see a change-up with Augustine who has been toiling all year on specials.

Grant had a game to remember last night, which was so exciting to watch live. 

Just now, ddanger said:

Oliviera was really good at the start of the game, but seemed to struggle as the game wore on. Was glad to see a change-up with Augustine who has been toiling all year on specials.

Bcs front made good adjustments for the run but gave up any chance of pressure. 

I saw the Kongbo freak out. No idea what it was about ( thought maybe playing time??) and he was going at it with a coach. A few players tried to settle him down. He took some tape off his wrist which made me think he was done for the night. Then he got out on a kickoff, and was hurt on the play, which did end his night.

I guess we'll never know the issue behind the sidelines thing.

3 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Uh huh.

This game also played a part in Cal Murphy's firing and subsequent hiring of Jeff FuckingReinbold.  It was also our last playoff game after a 17 yr. run

Sometimes I wonder how good an HC Reinbold would have been if there had been a good GM to find and/or trade for good players- particularly a good QB. 

17 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Sometimes I wonder how good an HC Reinbold would have been if there had been a good GM to find and/or trade for good players- particularly a good QB. 

I think Reinbold was the GM or at least was given the keys to everything. Was all show but no go. He was one of those who makes a good impression but can't follow through. I'll take a Mike O'shea type, quiet, not craving attention, gives others the credit, and very humble, any day.

27 minutes ago, coach17 said:

I think Reinbold was the GM or at least was given the keys to everything. Was all show but no go. He was one of those who makes a good impression but can't follow through. I'll take a Mike O'shea type, quiet, not craving attention, gives others the credit, and very humble, any day.

Reinebold was like Kelly, but not an *******. He was way too hands on with every aspect of the team and it really cost him. If he would have JUST coached, he might not have been too bad. 

25 minutes ago, coach17 said:

As soon as Reinbold was hired as HC and GM, the alarm bells went off in my head. That was an awful lot of responsibility for someone who had never done either before. Hufnagel did it as good as it could be done, but that was an anomaly. The people Reinbold brought in were very inadequate except for one linebacker. 

7 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Lucky enough myself to see 4 Grey Cups now. My experience in 2019 was not weeping but just sheer relief that the drought was over. Watching with friends that day and it was remarked how quiet I was when they figured I would be bouncing off the roof. I realized what a mental toll all the losing had on me and was more numb than joyful. Repeated watchings of the win brought more exuberance later. 

Same for myself, being born in 1978, but we had WAAAAY too many lean years and the 5 disappointments in between 1990 and 2009... It's nice to see the Bombers not resting on their laurels after ending the drought and just as dominant as ever this year.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Well we had Reggie Slack who led the Riders to the Grey Cup in Reinebold's first season as coach after he cut him.  Slack was as good of a QB as there was around that time not named Flutie, Garcia or Ham.

2 hours ago, ddanger said:

I've personally enjoyed watching Augustine more when he had his chances than Brady.

19 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Well we had Reggie Slack who led the Riders to the Grey Cup in Reinebold's first season as coach after he cut him.  Slack was as good of a QB as there was around that time not named Flutie, Garcia or Ham.

If memory serves, Slack had about one half of a good knee and while a fierce competitor, he was brittle as heck.

6 minutes ago, Saidin said:

Does anyone know what Willie was trying to do with Alexander after the pick 6?

I think he was just excited and wanted to thank him. Very clear he wasn't trying to give him the ball. More like a thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

He was going to give BA the ball but saw a Lion getting too close and just got in the endzone.

No harm no foul, but shouldn't happen.

He never tries to give him the ball. Not even close. Just puts his hand out with a thanks. 

Edited by JCon

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

I think he was just excited and wanted to thank him. Very clear he wasn't trying to give him the ball. More like a thanks. 

He never tries to give him the ball. Not even close. Just puts his hand out with a thanks. 

Out of his own mouth he said he was going to give Alexander the ball but the Lion was too close.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2021/10/23/willie-jefferson-post-game-10/

12 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I'm living proof of the cockiness. Almost the entire 80's and early 90's I thought the Bombers would win every game.  It wasn't until Reinebold that I realized that it was possible for a Bomber team to suck, and suck hard. What a rude awakening that was.

I always expected them to win at home back then. Lots of times we'd pile on 40 & 50 points on teams. We fed on the Riders & Stamps. 

3 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Easily the most dominant performance I've ever seen in person. That was a beatdown for the ages.

Who else is excited for Dec. 5th?!

My wife is losing her mind, she's so excited. We're booking flights this week and will be ready to go. Now, about finding some kind of Grey Cup-esque pre-party the night before the game. Can't freaking wait....

Was just going back over some of the media bull$hit from the start of the season.....'Bombers are old'..... 'I've picked them for last in the west'.....'Hamilton is the team to beat'......'Teams don't repeat and are usually a long shot after a Cup win'......'They'll be lucky to retain a lot of their top talent in 21'...I won't even give you our vegas odds or the Bodog baloney........Just some of the stuff that was out there at the beginning of the year....Those no mind prognosticators must be choking on all of those crow feathers right about now.....I luv it..

4 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Two things of note: 

1) No one had the Bombers winning the West. No one?

2) They were a lot more down on Saskatchewan than I remember. Must have been the TSN crew that we're all giddy for Faj. Sask have outperformed their projection (according to 3Down) than what has happened. Could still finish fourth but I expect them to be 2nd, at this point.