Week 12 - GDT - Non-Champ Edition

JCon

Boy Calgary really made a game of that late but honestly the 3 teams under the Bombers are dead even imo. In fact they are neck and neck with the 3 teams in the east.

Any of those teams could host and or win a semi final. But at this point despite being close I don't see those being great games. A lot of sloppy football and big roster holes. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Boy Calgary really made a game of that late but honestly the 3 teams under the Bombers are dead even imo. In fact they are neck and neck with the 3 teams in the east.

Any of those teams could host and or win a semi final. But at this point despite being close I don't see those being great games. A lot of sloppy football and big roster holes. 

Agreed, I hope to hot hell they trot out BLM if we meet them in the WF... secondary will be feasting... FEASTING I SAY!

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Riders radio is claiming a superior 3 point win after playing the same team 3 times in a row and finally squeaking out a win.

That ******* team...

Well, I have a better one for you. I was listening to the Stampeders post game show on 770 CHQR here in YYC as one of my friend's likes to phone in. He didn't tonight. During the show, the host Jock Wilson started claiming the league has to investigate the Bombers & "The Canadian Mafia". He says the Bombers have had the best schedule the past 3 seasons & that they are "lined up pefectly" to finish the season with no short weeks between games like every other team has to do. He says it's been this way the past 3 seasons & the Canadian Mafia has an unfair influence over the league so they allow the Bombers to get away with it. He says thye CFL loves the Bombers so they always get the best schedule. Just so much **** from a guy who on the air who always sounds like the biggest ******* in the room. 

Noeller, do you know Wilson? 

21 minutes ago, johnzo said:

ugh.  two boring games and two laughers.  even tho the good guys won, not a great weekend for the league.

I pity TSN's panel for having to make chicken salad out of this week's schedule.. 

Milt's loving the Bombers domination this year.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, I have a better one for you. I was listening to the Stampeders post game show on 770 CHQR here in YYC as one of my friend's likes to phone in. He didn't tonight. During the show, the host Jock Wilson started claiming the league has to investigate the Bombers & "The Canadian Mafia". He says the Bombers have had the best schedule the past 3 seasons & that they are "lined up pefectly" to finish the season with no short weeks between games like every other team has to do. He says it's been this way the past 3 seasons & the Canadian Mafia has an unfair influence over the league so they allow the Bombers to get away with it. He says thye CFL loves the Bombers so they always get the best schedule. Just so much **** from a guy who on the air who always sounds like the biggest ******* in the room. 

Hey al - no I don't know him. That is HILARIOUS. I do have a music buzz friend that is an old school Lions fan.... He claims the Lions didn't have the correct footwear and that's why they lost. Fml.... He also believes Milt is "maybe a top 10 receiver all time" and "Mervyn Fernandez is the greatest receiver in CFL history and its not close".... Siiiiiiiigh. 

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

Hey al - no I don't know him. That is HILARIOUS. I do have a music buzz friend that is an old school Lions fan.... He claims the Lions didn't have the correct footwear and that's why they lost. Fml.... He also believes Milt is "maybe a top 10 receiver all time" and "Mervyn Fernandez is the greatest receiver in CFL history and its not close".... Siiiiiiiigh. 

Does he know the IGF field isn’t real grass and the temp was above zero?… if that was even remotely close to true then BC must have the worst equipment staff in the history of football… “good news guys, we all got new air Jordans for tonight’s game” 😂

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That's such bullshit and they're grasping at anything they can right now. BLM blew that game for Calgary and handed the riders that win. Twice he threw really shitty ints that would've put Calgary in position to at least nail 2 field goals for the win. And if anyone thinks the Bombers are being played as the "favorite child" then why do we always hear about Sask first in highlights,CFL talk, Rider this,rider that. They get coverage and favoritism like no other team,they're like the Maple Leafs of the CFL.

31 minutes ago, Nolby said:

That's such bullshit and they're grasping at anything they can right now. BLM blew that game for Calgary and handed the riders that win. Twice he threw really shitty ints that would've put Calgary in position to at least nail 2 field goals for the win. And if anyone thinks the Bombers are being played as the "favorite child" then why do we always hear about Sask first in highlights,CFL talk, Rider this,rider that. They get coverage and favoritism like no other team,they're like the Maple Leafs of the CFL.

Other teams got 3 or 4 games vs ottawa. We got 0. Other teams started out with like 5 home games in a row, we had a balanced home away schedule. Other teams didnt have to play 4 home n home back to backs, and other teams didnt have to replay every team save twice, with in 2 weeks. Every time we beat a team we'd have to turn around and play them again the next week or the following week. That is stupid hard in football. 

The schedule sucks. Badly. But it sucks soo bad its fairly balanced. Also, toronto did fine in their short week 3 game stint. That week took them from one of the bottom teams in the east to the top team. Adversity is an opportunity to be great. Losers try to blame other teams lack of adversity for their success.  

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

So why didn't we get any games against Ottawa, then?

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I liked this one from Riderfans:

Winnipeg is the class of the CFL and it isn’t even close. Must be lots of crow eating on the Mike OShea comments of the last couple years. They are stacked in all three phases.

This comment is about two years too late… anyone not on board with O’Shea had their mind changed by Nov 2019…

People forget in offseason and leading up to start of season Edm was projected as the class of the west..and we have em 3 times in a row ...no shitty Ottawa... Hamilton rematch first game..the other assumed slam dunk grey cup contender...and of course 2 against rider's..weren't they supposed to be the be all end all?? And what the most back to backs in the league..hardly us controlling anything schedule wise .what a load of ****

18 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Riders radio is claiming a superior 3 point win after playing the same team 3 times in a row and finally squeaking out a win.

That ******* team...

Those 2 ints BLM threw in the 4th quarter weren't good plays by the dbs or anything, just absolute ducks tossed up by a qb who doesn't have the arm he used to. Honestly I want to see the Bombers play him because he ain't super mobile and if his arm isn't up to snuff he will get what Reilly got on Saturday night

6 hours ago, Booch said:

People forget in offseason and leading up to start of season Edm was projected as the class of the west..and we have em 3 times in a row ...no shitty Ottawa... Hamilton rematch first game..the other assumed slam dunk grey cup contender...and of course 2 against rider's..weren't they supposed to be the be all end all?? And what the most back to backs in the league..hardly us controlling anything schedule wise .what a load of ****

Yep, undefeated against the West with every game aside from Calgary being an ass whoopin and popped the "potentially undefeated" Ticats bubble week 1.  There's no fluke here.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Those 2 ints BLM threw in the 4th quarter weren't good plays by the dbs or anything, just absolute ducks tossed up by a qb who doesn't have the arm he used to. Honestly I want to see the Bombers play him because he ain't super mobile and if his arm isn't up to snuff he will get what Reilly got on Saturday night

Dickenson's loyalty/stubbornness is what is going to sink that team this year.   Maier gives them a better shot at winning.