Week 12 - GDT - Non-Champ Edition

JCon

love the note of fatherly disappointment in Matty's voice when he calls out a team for playing shitty, re that three times Ottawa has  punted when they're just ten yards out of field goal range...like it genuinely makes him sad to see a bad team playing bad.

Edited by johnzo

Ugh I turned this game off after Ottawa punted on 3rd and 2 at the HAMILTON 42! Why??? Can’t kick that field goal? Go for it then. You’re not winning if you don’t score points. Reminded me of the Tim Burke era here where he called for a field goal on the 15 when we were down by over 20 in the 4th quarter. It’s not playing to win and it drives me crazy. 

7 minutes ago, Karl Havoc said:

Ugh I turned this game off after Ottawa punted on 3rd and 2 at the HAMILTON 42! Why??? Can’t kick that field goal? Go for it then. You’re not winning if you don’t score points. Reminded me of the Tim Burke era here where he called for a field goal on the 15 when we were down by over 20 in the 4th quarter. It’s not playing to win and it drives me crazy. 

LaPo being LaPo. 

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I couldn't imagine being a GM and feeling Lapolice is my best option as a head coach or even a good option.  How much more proof does the league need?

This has to be the end of the road... 

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

I couldn't imagine being a GM and feeling Lapolice is my best option as a head coach or even a good option.  How much more proof does the league need?

LaPo may get another half season if Desjardins sticks around next year. If Desjardins is turfed, the new GM may want his own man. But... with the CFL bleeding money can they afford to fire HC's & GM's under contract??

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Hamilton goes for it on 3rd and 2 up 15....Lapo down 15 doesn't have the stones to play 3 down ball.

Talent for one. Two, LaPo being LaPo. 

Just now, johnzo said:

what coach in the CFL could win with that talent?  Vince Lombardi himself couldn't shine that shinola.

How many years can he use that excuse for?  Eventually have to do something.  This year was basically a restart with two free agency periods, two drafts.  Damn near 2/3 of the league has been a free agent.  The East was/is wide open.  They had a QB and let him go to run with Nichols and Davis.  Who made that call?  Lapolice being such an offensive genius has developed jack squat for QB's.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

How many years can he use that excuse for?  Eventually have to do something.  This year was basically a restart with two free agency periods, two drafts.  Damn near 2/3 of the league has been a free agent.  The East was/is wide open.  They had a QB and let him go to run with Nichols and Davis.  Who made that call?  Lapolice being such an offensive genius has developed jack squat for QB's.

yeah, that's the question, who is making the player personnel decisions there?  I don't think Lapo is helping them any, but I think the problems with the redblacks go miles deeper than him.

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Talent alone isn't their problem. Talent usage is and has always been plops problem.

If you changed mos for plop here this team wouldn't be in first place. 

Flip it around, if you gave MOS the Ottawa job would the blacks be significantly better?  They'd still be a free spot.

16 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

His play calling isn't very good. Always has been that way. CFL is a vertical game. You have to challenge the defense by stretching it out. You can't expect an offense to score having to go on 10-12 play drives constantly. CFL wide outs went to Winnipeg to die under LaPo. Now it's Ottawa.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

18 minutes ago, johnzo said:

yeah, that's the question, who is making the player personnel decisions there?  I don't think Lapo is helping them any, but I think the problems with the redblacks go miles deeper than him.

Flip it around, if you gave MOS the Ottawa job would the blacks be significantly better?  They'd still be a free spot.

They would be better. 100%. Probably a team that loses a lot of close games. With mos they'd be a year away from being good. With plop, they are 10 years away. 

Look at it this way, the 2014 blue bombers (mos first season as hc) play this ott team coached by plop 3 times. the 2014 bombers win all 3 of those games. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

They would be better. 100%. Probably a team that loses a lot of close games. With mos they'd be a year away from being good. With plop, they are 10 years away. 

Look at it this way, the 2014 blue bombers (mos first season as hc) play this ott team coached by plop 3 times. the 2014 bombers win all 3 of those games. 

No. Ottawa would win as Desjardins said there was no one on the Bombers he wanted in the Expansion Draft. Karma is a *****, eh Marcel?

okay, this week has been great to be a bomber fan but terrible for a cfl fan with three utterly non-competitive games so far.

cmon stamps and riders, entertain us.

having said that, I predict Duke Williams is going to play like poop for the greenies.  had a terrible training camp in the NFL and has a QB who has trouble with the deep shots ... overhyped signing.