Game 4 : Ducks

Maurice gets a mixed reaction. Some empty seats but not many. 

No 55 26 or Kompon. 

Stacey is back breaking glass. Fans sing last part of oh Canada.. Maurice sends Wheeler the heart fingers.. game on. 

Ducks score  1 0

Nope my mistake 

0 0 

Dillon pinches but KC on his back checking horse 

Stastny 2 minutes for being  a ho 

Hooking but it's weak AF 

Edited by Goalie

The Dubois, Connor, Svechnikov line had a hell of a game, IMO. Ehlers is bound to score sooner than later with how he's playing. Hellebuyck looked like his old self and made some beautiful saves.

It was by no means a masterpiece (the defensive zone game still needs much work) but take the two points and set the focus on beating the Predaturds tomorrow.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The Dubois, Connor, Svechnikov line had a hell of a game, IMO. Ehlers is bound to score sooner than later with how he's playing. Hellebuyck looked like his old self and made some beautiful saves.

It was by no means a masterpiece (the defensive zone game still needs much work) but take the two points and set the focus on beating the Predaturds tomorrow.

Have the Predaturds (well played btw) raised a banner yet this year?

11 hours ago, bustamente said:

All things considered not that bad, some people vaccinated may not ready to go to events 

There were more people attending the pre-season games. I suspect we're going to see a lot of empty seats this season unless the Jets match the pre-season projections. 

Weeknight games are tough early. Kids have school. People work 

Ticket prices play a role cuz bombers draw double. 

All in a solid effort. Better defensively forward wise in my opinion. Seemed everyone was on the same page. Not perfect but pretty solid win. 

Edited by Goalie

Remember that announced attendance for them is seats sold, not fans in the building. And they have a locked in 13,000 for every game with their season ticket base. So a walk up of 886 is kind of shocking. I sensed a shift when they started the quarter pack sales this year, and read an article in The Athletic that said all teams were struggling post-pandemic to sell full season packages, as fans became used to not attending in person and saving their money. So they were reverting to limited game packages. The second wave of 5 year renewals is up this year, and I know a few who are opting out. I think the lack of newness, the long term commitment in price, the individual ticket prices, the sheer amount of nights it eats up a year and all ancillary costs, are all leading to a downward trend. Curious how low it would go if the team were actually bad. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever