Who are we likely to lose after this season??

Nolby

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

One thing that I really should have noted in this discussion about MOS.......once one learns of the greatness of Manitoba, it's an extremely desirable place to live. MOS, like me, is a big outdoors guy....hunting, fishing, camping, etc......and Manitoba's as good as it gets for that stuff. 

100%, manitoba has a bit of every thing to offer. And while Mos had a great career in TO, he's pretty entrenched in winnipeg. It took a long long time to fully build the culture top to bottom, I dont see him leaving that easily. 

I dont think walters is a threat to leave either. He, wade, and mos have a synergy and shared vision that is crazy to try and replace or replicate. Similarly this role is exactly what the Mac attack wants. He gets to spend his time with his family down south, and has a lot of input on scouting and his hours. 

Ted goveia, is going to be a GM and or president of another team though imo. As will rigmaiden at some point, maybe with the lions as soon as next year with the new owners in place. And I could see goveia bringing a coach or two like younger and costello with him in new capacities. I could see edmonton wanting to get away from this toxic crappy culture they have and bringing in a guy like goveia in the off season to run the elk. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

100%, manitoba has a bit of every thing to offer. And while Mos had a great career in TO, he's pretty entrenched in winnipeg. It took a long long time to fully build the culture top to bottom, I dont see him leaving that easily. 

I dont think walters is a threat to leave either. He, wade, and mos have a synergy and shared vision that is crazy to try and replace or replicate. Similarly this role is exactly what the Mac attack wants. He gets to spend his time with his family down south, and has a lot of input on scouting and his hours. 

Ted goveia, is going to be a GM and or president of another team though imo. As will rigmaiden at some point, maybe with the lions as soon as next year with the new owners in place. And I could see goveia bringing a coach or two like younger and costello with him in new capacities. I could see edmonton wanting to get away from this toxic crappy culture they have and bringing in a guy like goveia in the off season to run the elk. 

You know Rigmaiden already left for BC, right? 

Oshea wont leave hee until he is pushed out....bank on it.

Bryant will be back...unless he suffers a season ending surgery requiring injury...bank on that

Biggie, he aint going anywhere unless we don't want him...don't see that happening

Jefferson won't chase Jones...people need to forget that narrative....he's found a football home...has matured into a respected vet...if we give him fair value..he will be back

Harris won't retire next year either, and I see us morphing him into a dual role player and share reps with Brady

Bailey will be here as well with fair value...he will be loyal to this organization to a fault...Lawler too...

Highly doubt Neuf retires, and only reason he will be gone is if we cant afford him...we need to get Eli and Gray playing as it's their time, or we lose them

Alexander NFL window is done...I think

Only guys I see maybe getting an NFL look see is Stove and Alford....possibly one of ELI or Desjarlais....maaaaybeee Kongbo, but I almost think his ship has sailed 

Adams and Taylor wont be back due to age and money, but would like to see Adams as a receiver coach here, likely a few canuck foot soldiers with tenure...basically economic moves

Just now, Booch said:

Oshea wont leave hee until he is pushed out....bank on it.

Bryant will be back...unless he suffers a season ending surgery requiring injury...bank on that

Biggie, he aint going anywhere unless we don't want him...don't see that happening

Jefferson won't chase Jones...people need to forget that narrative....he's found a football home...has matured into a respected vet...if we give him fair value..he will be back

Harris won't retire next year either, and I see us morphing him into a dual role player and share reps with Brady

Bailey will be here as well with fair value...he will be loyal to this organization to a fault...Lawler too...

Highly doubt Neuf retires, and only reason he will be gone is if we cant afford him...we need to get Eli and Gray playing as it's their time, or we lose them

Alexander NFL window is done...I think

Only guys I see maybe getting an NFL look see is Stove and Alford....possibly one of ELI or Desjarlais....maaaaybeee Kongbo, but I almost think his ship has sailed 

Adams and Taylor wont be back due to age and money, but would like to see Adams as a receiver coach here, likely a few canuck foot soldiers with tenure...basically economic moves

Idk, I think lawler could get an nfl offer. I dont think we would lose him to another CFL team though. Really depends on how he finishes the season. 

I think stove would need to finish like a man on fire to get an NFL offer this year, hes missed a lot of action. Eli I think has too few reps. Desjarlais would be a sleeper pick to get a deal. But I dont know if he really fits size wise down south at G. But he's soo darn young another season or two like this and some one will take a chance on him. 

I think the boat has sailed on kongbo for now too. Hes still young enough that he could have a monster year in the next couple and get an offer. But hes seen a lot of reps this year and while hes gotten a few pressures, he hasnt finished many plays. 10 games, 5 tackles, 0 sacks isnt gonna get you an NFL offer. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Idk, I think lawler could get an nfl offer. I dont think we would lose him to another CFL team though. Really depends on how he finishes the season. 

I think stove would need to finish like a man on fire to get an NFL offer this year, hes missed a lot of action. Eli I think has too few reps. Desjarlais would be a sleeper pick to get a deal. But I dont know if he really fits size wise down south at G. But he's soo darn young another season or two like this and some one will take a chance on him. 

I think the boat has sailed on kongbo for now too. Hes still young enough that he could have a monster year in the next couple and get an offer. But hes seen a lot of reps this year and while hes gotten a few pressures, he hasnt finished many plays. 10 games, 5 tackles, 0 sacks isnt gonna get you an NFL offer. 

you'd be surprised who...and why teams take fliers....Richardson was already on Radars, and ELI was a potential top Center pick in te draft, and has done nothing to diminish that potential this year

Lawler basically wrecked his NFL chance with the charge...unless he finishes with 1400+ yards and double digit TD's this year...and yup Kongbo needs to establish first until reps, and dominate...he could get a future look when in his prime

Desjarlais is what NFL looks for...mean tough...damn good and still not at his potential for interior guys coming outta Canada...he's the one I most worried of losing if anything for a yr to the NFL...Maybe 2

Something that hasn’t been mentioned around here… I wonder if Buck Pierce will garner any interest for a head coaching gig… not sure how many openings there will be next year… Edmonton seems like the only lock at this point… Ottawa and Sask might be possibilities… every other team should be set at HC for at least one more year…

4 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Something that hasn’t been mentioned around here… I wonder if Buck Pierce will garner any interest for a head coaching gig… not sure how many openings there will be next year… Edmonton seems like the only lock at this point… Ottawa and Sask might be possibilities… every other team should be set at HC for at least one more year…

He’s a first year coordinator and still cutting his teeth .. I think that if Buck is serious about developing as a coach, he stays here in Winnipeg and continues on with this organization. 

There’s no danger in him leaving.

31 minutes ago, Booch said:

you'd be surprised who...and why teams take fliers....Richardson was already on Radars, and ELI was a potential top Center pick in te draft, and has done nothing to diminish that potential this year

Lawler basically wrecked his NFL chance with the charge...unless he finishes with 1400+ yards and double digit TD's this year...and yup Kongbo needs to establish first until reps, and dominate...he could get a future look when in his prime

Desjarlais is what NFL looks for...mean tough...damn good and still not at his potential for interior guys coming outta Canada...he's the one I most worried of losing if anything for a yr to the NFL...Maybe 2

It's true the right team could well take a flyer on a guy like stove or Eli based on skill set and pedigree for Eli. It's not always star players who get the call. I think size haunts stove though. If he was 6 3 and 320 he'd never have seen the cfl.

Yeah the dui could really haunt Lawler. But if he has some 10 catch 100 plus yard play off games he's got the size and skill set they want. I'd love to have him back. In a full season next year I think he'd be insane. 

Yeah at his age his play is un real. I can't even imagine if he improves next year too. They guy is just always getting better. He's soo hungry and driven. 

24 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

If Dakoda Shepley keeps getting looks I think Desjarlais and Eli can.

True. 

3 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

He’s a first year coordinator and still cutting his teeth .. I think that if Buck is serious about developing as a coach, he stays here in Winnipeg and continues on with this organization. 

There’s no danger in him leaving.

I think buck could get a look in a couple years. He's shown great flashes of Adapting and adjusting. Some great prep for ds too. But some times he gets in a play calling rut. And some times he fails to see adjustments like helping neuf or that he needs to get collaros or the run game into a groove. 

If the flashes are polished and he improves he will go far. 

Just now, CodyT said:

First thing, Darvins on a pretty good contract. Letting him go would be a mistake.  On maybe a bit of a down year but still a hell of a player.

Secondly, for the sake of discussion. Any chance oshea gets an nfl look?

Based on what? His last contract was north of 125 or 130k iirc. Its not 1 off year, it was last year too. He's had 2 of the worst games by a bomber wr in a long time this year. in 7 years he has 2 1k years, 1 double digit td year, hes never played 18 games and at this point itd be a miracle for him to combine for 1k yards and 10 tds on 50% completion in  35-40 games between 19 and 21. If he was cut right now, he wouldnt get another look. 

He showed a brief glimpse of being solid this year but its seemingly evaporated. He made his mark as a deep threat who could block. And right now, hes a wr who can block on a team filled with wr who can block. 

Nah, no chance the nfl would go after him imo.