Week 12 Lions @Champs pre game talk

Geebrr

59 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Nah. I sure hope we see buck help neuf out. Slide protection some times roll collaros out have a wr pinch the end and force them not go go out side of neuf etc. 

Or ,why not start Grey at RT? Like someone mentioned here the other day , Neuf is no where near agile enough to be a tackle.

4 hours ago, Piggy 1 said:

Or ,why not start Grey at RT? Like someone mentioned here the other day , Neuf is no where near agile enough to be a tackle.

That would be better but Eli is tremendous at g too. Mos is hyper loyal to vets And Eli is a head of gray. Don't get me wrong I'd go gray or imp at tackle or run an extra ol. Just mos being mos. 

4 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Probably the experience factor, would be my mostly uneducated guess. 

I wouldn't even say it experience it's loyalty to a fault.

I really really hope this doesn't come back to haunt us. 

Just now, do or die said:

Eli really helps pump up the run game at G.

some people will hate it, but right now the 2 best guards on our roster are desjarlais and eli. Eli and neuf on the right side have been extremely good in the run game too though. Right now Id dont think any guard is as good in the run game as eli. 

Its rare to find guards who can bring soo much extra value as desjarlais and eli. Most teams fans think their guards are great. Its easier to be solid at guard than T or C. But man our OL is as strong a 7 man unit as ive ever seen in the CFL. Legit 7 starter quality OL and 6 allstar quality ol. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

He was out like a light on contact. His arms went limp and it's lucky he wasn't more injured on the fall. He'll be in concoose protocol for awhile... 

I saw him rag doll and was really worried as he was laying there on the turf not moving.   He was out for a long time before he moved at all, that was pretty scary to see. 

On 2021-10-22 at 6:54 PM, Dr Zaius said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnipeg_Metropolitan_Region

Winnipeg's population is 821,537. 15,000 at the jets game, say 23,000 at the Bombers game. 

That's almost 5% of the whole population out at the games lol

I still remember watching a Rider game back in the 1980's and they announced a sell-out.  Without missing a beat Ron Lancaster, who was doing color on the broadcast, says "that means there's no one home in the entire city of Regina right now" lol...

11 hours ago, Noeller said:

He was out like a light on contact. His arms went limp and it's lucky he wasn't more injured on the fall. He'll be in concoose protocol for awhile... 

Watching him lay motionless in the background of the play was horrible. It took forever for the booth to mention it too. 

If he had been an offensive player that would've been called for spearing. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Watching him lay motionless in the background of the play was horrible. It took forever for the booth to mention it too. 

If he had been an offensive player that would've been called for spearing. 

Yup the TSN guys didn't mention Kongbo until he was almost back on his feet.

12 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I still remember watching a Rider game back in the 1980's and they announced a sell-out.  Without missing a beat Ron Lancaster, who was doing color on the broadcast, says "that means there's no one home in the entire city of Regina right now" lol...

Like the Simpsons town meetings,even the cops are there,Snake had them right where he wanted them.

Edited by Nolby

32 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Like the Simpsons town meetings,even the cops are there,Snake had them right where he wanted them.

Season 4 Episode 21 GIF by The Simpsons - Find & Share on GIPHY

I'd feel sorry for Snake breaking into any houses in Regina tho...what are you going to steal?  The 8-track player?  Their typewriter?  The tub they bathe in once a year?

3 hours ago, brett_c_b said:

I'm pretty good with him doing things his way. If they win a Grey Cup this year give the man a statue outside the stadium. 

At this point I think it's a matter of time till the mafia have statues and names up on the ring. IIRC he's already 2nd most for coaching wins.