Week 12 Lions @Champs pre game talk

Geebrr

19 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I remember a time when the Jets would have done just that but TV controls everything now. 

Exactly. The Jets only control so much especially with the untouchable and constant "Next Year" Stanley Cup Champion Leafs playing on the same day.

This schedule mix up doesn't bother me at all. The Bomber game is going to be way more fun and the Jets still have dozens of home games left. Like Noeller said, easy choice.

8 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Exactly. The Jets only control so much especially with the untouchable and constant "Next Year" Stanley Cup Champion Leafs playing on the same day.

This schedule mix up doesn't bother me at all. The Bomber game is going to be way more fun and the Jets still have dozens of home games left. Like Noeller said, easy choice.

Not about the choice, it is a no brainer.

The Bombers aren't backed by one of(the?) wealthiest people in Canada so every person in the stands matters.

20 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I don't think anyone who was going to choose the Jets considered the Bomber game in the first place.

Jets season ticket holders for sure are going to some meaningless game because it is so expensive to pass up. Plus, if you are in a ticket share you only get so many games.

It impacts attendance, you will never convince me otherwise.

Edited by Geebrr

39 minutes ago, Jesse said:

You are very optimistic 

Winnipeg football fans are notorious for not showing up - there's always an excuse (cottage season, holiday, Jet's game, it's too cold, it's too hot .. sale at Ikea). 

The flip side of that is that when people have turned out the Bombers, more often than not, have **** the bed.  Tonnes of good will, 30K+ in the stands .. lay an egg.

If we get 25K tomorrow I'll be pleasantly surprised.

8 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Winnipeg football fans are notorious for not showing up - there's always an excuse (cottage season, holiday, Jet's game, it's too cold, it's too hot .. sale at Ikea). 

The flip side of that is that when people have turned out the Bombers, more often than not, have **** the bed.  Tonnes of good will, 30K+ in the stands .. lay an egg.

That's the old truth.  They've been very good at home for awhile.

17 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

They went 29 years without a Cup and still have had great attendance.

There might be one other market that could do that. 

12 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Not saying they haven't been good (win wise) .. but they haven't played their best ball with a packed house.  Casual fans don't respond to that.

They've played plenty of really good games in front of packed houses. The reality is that with covid and TV every team is having trouble at the gate this year.

Edited by GCn20