Week 12 Lions @Champs pre game talk

Geebrr

16 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

So wait... Is Castillo actually going to kick for us now, or did we just acquire his rights? Is he still actively pursuing NFL contracts? I don't recall him kicking for BC this year...

It’s expected Castillo will arrive in Winnipeg while the Bombers are on a bye week next week and will complete a mandatory seven-day quarantine before joining the team. The earliest he could possibly play would be Nov. 6, when the Bombers host the Montreal Alouettes.

The Bombers agreed to conditions on the fourth-round pick they sent to the Lions. Those conditions are linked to how the Bombers finish the season. It’s likely that it will become a higher pick if the Bombers win the Grey Cup.

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/bombers-hope-to-have-found-solution-to-kicking-woes-with-acquisition-of-cfl-all-star-sergio-castillo?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

17 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Oh my... we have a place kicking game now... 

1-0, 1-0, 1-0.... 1-0.... must concentrate on the week at hand...1-0, 1-0, 1-0.....

GREY CUP BABY!!!!!

I have no problem with fans looking ahead to the Grey Cup... as long as that locker room sticks to the 1-0 mentality... and I'm confident they will...

On 2021-10-18 at 9:26 AM, M.O.A.B. said:

We will clinch the division this weekend. Book it! 

I don't really care about the back to back with the Als, whether we lose any or not.

But I want the Bombers to beat the Stamps on our last regular game.
Just to tell Bo that "They’re finding out who they are right now, and we’re going to continue to show that to them."

Since I'll be going to that game - as I do virtually every time the Bombers come to play here over the last 18 years - I want them to win as well... having said that, we might not be giving our starters the full game if we've already got the division in the bag (which I assume we'll clinch this Saturday, long before the final week).

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

Wow who sits? Or is Nick Taylor more hurt than they thought.

I think you have to 100% Di one guy and rotate all of them. That is if Taylor is good to go. If not you move guys around to the best set up.  Other wise it really comes down to who can play what other positions. Alford is in roses' CB spot. Can he play inside at hb? Mike jones is randle esq on his corner. With every one healthy I think you have to have Taylor, rose, darby and mike jones in. For the other spot, Nichols was better early on but alford has been better since the first couple games. He's shut down some of the best wrs in the league. So maybe you DI nichols and move him in with the NI Wil package for kyrie. And maybe you rotate some dbs. 

What a fantastic problem to have. We could get the extra db on the field with kyrie when if we use jake and kongbo at the same time too. A lot of options. 

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Taylor being a full participant today makes me think he should be good to go Saturday.

Makes me worry about hardrick though. 

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I think you have to 100% Di one guy and rotate all of them. That is if Taylor is good to go. If not you move guys around to the best set up.  Other wise it really comes down to who can play what other positions. Alford is in roses' CB spot. Can he play inside at hb? Mike jones is randle esq on his corner. With every one healthy I think you have to have Taylor, rose, darby and mike jones in. For the other spot, Nichols was better early on but alford has been better since the first couple games. He's shut down some of the best wrs in the league. So maybe you DI nichols and move him in with the NI Wil package for kyrie. And maybe you rotate some dbs. 

What a fantastic problem to have. We could get the extra db on the field with kyrie when if we use jake and kongbo at the same time too. A lot of options. 

Makes me worry about hardrick though. 

Fwiw, he was out on the field crammed into Kongbo's jersey today. I don't think he's THAT far off....they'll give him this week likely and then he's back after the bye.

Just now, Noeller said:

Fwiw, he was out on the field crammed into Kongbo's jersey today. I don't think he's THAT far off....they'll give him this week likely and then he's back after the bye.

the picture was hilarious. Looked like it was gonna explode. Yoshi gonna yoshi. But I sure hope he's back after the bye. But even more I hope we dont roll neufeld at tackle again. We got away with it once narrowly. BC is gonna game plan for it and exploit him bad if we dare do it again.