Week 12 Lions @Champs pre game talk

Geebrr

22 hours ago, Geebrr said:

That isn't what you said. You said a Bomber win and a Rider loss or tie. Emphasizing "and" to clinch.

We don't need the Riders to do anything if we win against BC. They can't get to 11 wins.

We have the tie breaker against Sask. 

They need to be one win ahead (11). They can't, winning out puts them at 10 wins.

Except I did not say what you say I said. (This is starting to sound like an episode of Three’s Company🤣) I said we clinch first with a win - comma - or a tie AND a Sask tie or loss. We clinch second if Sask.  loses OR we lose by 20 or less to BC. I do try to strive for accuracy, so thank you for proof-reading and checking my work, much appreciated. But as we have all said, JUST WIN BABY and it is all academic. 

There is one more playoff scenario this coming week. Ottawa is eliminated from playoff contention with a loss AND a Montreal win or tie, or a loss AND a win by BC. 

22 hours ago, Geebrr said:
Edited by TrueBlue4ever

We will clinch the division this weekend. Book it! 

I don't really care about the back to back with the Als, whether we lose any or not.

But I want the Bombers to beat the Stamps on our last regular game.
Just to tell Bo that "They’re finding out who they are right now, and we’re going to continue to show that to them."

29 minutes ago, ddanger said:

Couple of things I want to see this week..

Keep Zack clean. Neufeld needs to move back inside, and maybe we start Gray, or a PR American tackle. Can't afford even a scratch on Zack.

No mercy to the kitties.

If Harris isn't 100% we use Oliveira. 

Meaningful reps for Maguire

-What if Neufeld is our best option at RT?

-Why would they show mercy?

-No player in the league is 100% at this point in the season...

-What if it's a close game? McGuire will get time yet this season....let's relax on that a bit. 

31 minutes ago, Noeller said:

-What if Neufeld is our best option at RT?

-Why would they show mercy?

-No player in the league is 100% at this point in the season...

-What if it's a close game? McGuire will get time yet this season....let's relax on that a bit. 

Neufeld isnt.  Hes flat out too slow to defend the edge. There isnt a worse T in pass protection pro football. Gray 100% is better.

Richmond on our PR was the top rated T prospect in all of college at one point. On track for a top 5 nfl draft choice and a massive deal. He had bad luck with playing on big teams that were bad. The vols, and USC. Every one thought USC would bounce back and they just didnt. That guys is as blue chip as an imp tackle prospect gets. Burks is the quintessential small school dominant T. Extremely mobile but was considered too small for the NFL.

Keep in mind we got rid of rid of two guys when we got access to these guys. 1 was extremely well seasoned and sent to TO as an immediate starter, the other was an NFL starter. Both these guys had a lot of hype in the NFL and just missed out with the covid college year and influx of talent at the nfl level. 

30 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Hope its just precautionary. Also hope brady can build on what he showed vs edm. 

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

ne did show that last game....hence those nice runs...he's learned a lot since his earlier starts

He was kind of stuck between going hard as soon as he got the ball and waiting. Now he is waiting and timing his burst to hit gaps and it looks beautiful. He is extremely talented. He's grown a lot as a blocker and pass catcher since he arrived here too. Gotta be great to learn under the great harris and demski too. 

Eli is masterful at opening holes even when he stays at the first level. The way he turns his man then pushes them out of the way is some fantastic. Not too surprising being as he is a natural center, but man the more he plays the better he looks. 

At this point if harris was healthy this week, we should probably rotate backs and take some load off harris shoulders. We dont need him carrying the ball 20 or 25 times in a regular season game this year. 

41 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He was kind of stuck between going hard as soon as he got the ball and waiting. Now he is waiting and timing his burst to hit gaps and it looks beautiful. He is extremely talented. He's grown a lot as a blocker and pass catcher since he arrived here too. Gotta be great to learn under the great harris and demski too. 

Eli is masterful at opening holes even when he stays at the first level. The way he turns his man then pushes them out of the way is some fantastic. Not too surprising being as he is a natural center, but man the more he plays the better he looks. 

At this point if harris was healthy this week, we should probably rotate backs and take some load off harris shoulders. We dont need him carrying the ball 20 or 25 times in a regular season game this year. 

I would like to see a nice healthy rotation of all 3 from here on out to be honest

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

I would like to see a nice healthy rotation of all 3 from here on out to be honest

Im of the school of thought that if you are going to roster some one for an entire season, you should make the most out of them. Especially if we may be headed towards the end of harris' career. 1 touch in 10 games isnt great. Especially if harris misses a game, we should make more use of augustine. If that happens id also love to see demski get more carries. 

9 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

With Brady I am not concerned with the dropoff in run production... More concerned with his ability to pickup blitzers

His blocking this year has been very good. We are spoiled with just how amazing harris is at it, but brady is one of the better blockers among primary runners too. Im 1000x more worried about Neufeld and right tackle. If we start him again we will see the best pass rushers sliding over to his side and frequent extra rushers. Its way too easy for guys to run around him out side of his reach and get to the qb. 

Most rbs are not lock down blockers. Tackles are normally 300 ish lbs and specialize in picking up the edge. To expect a RB to pick up 100% of the pressures he sees is un realistic. Most tackles have 70-100 lbs on brady and a life time of blocking experience.  Brady, and every rb that follows harris for us is going to surprise a lot of fans in what most good blocking RBs are capable of and how much less it is than what harris has been able to do. The only other RB ive ever seen thats comparable in blocking is mike sellers. And he was pretty much the size of the smaller tackles back then. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

His blocking this year has been very good. We are spoiled with just how amazing harris is at it, but brady is one of the better blockers among primary runners too. Im 1000x more worried about Neufeld and right tackle. If we start him again we will see the best pass rushers sliding over to his side and frequent extra rushers. Its way too easy for guys to run around him out side of his reach and get to the qb. 

Yeah I'd agree with that. I just meant that our offense has relied less heavily on Harris than in prior years. We are better equipped to deal with the dropoff in run production than the poorer (albeit still good) pass pro for Oliviera.

As for the Oline - def agree that is much more concerning if Hardrick is out longterm.

Just now, Eternal optimist said:

Yeah I'd agree with that. I just meant that our offense has relied less heavily on Harris than in prior years. We are better equipped to deal with the dropoff in run production than the poorer (albeit still good) pass pro for Oliviera.

As for the Oline - def agree that is much more concerning if Hardrick is out longterm.

I get what youre saying, but we've actually used the empty backfield a lot this year too. Far more than id like, especially with hardrick out. But yeah, its going to be a big adjustment once harris retires. 

WEST DIVISION

• Winnipeg WIN = Winnipeg clinches first place in the division; earns the right to host the Western Final on December 5
  • Winnipeg LOSS and Saskatchewan LOSS = Winnipeg clinches a home playoff date
  • Winnipeg LOSS (by less than 21 points) and Calgary LOSS = Winnipeg clinches a home playoff date

https://www.cfl.ca/2021/10/19/playoff-scenarios-bombers-eyeing-home-playoff-date/

43 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

WEST DIVISION

• Winnipeg WIN = Winnipeg clinches first place in the division; earns the right to host the Western Final on December 5
  • Winnipeg LOSS (by less than 21 points) and Calgary LOSS = Winnipeg clinches a home playoff date

https://www.cfl.ca/2021/10/19/playoff-scenarios-bombers-eyeing-home-playoff-date/

I just read that article and thought it was dumb. It reads as if those are the ONLY scenarios where the Bombers can clinch, rather than just applying to this week.

Case in point:

Even if Winnipeg loses this weekend, they still have a chance to host a playoff game. A Winnipeg loss and a Saskatchewan loss means the Bombers will clinch a home playoff date or if Winnipeg loses by less than 21 points and Calgary also loses, the Bombers will clinch a home playoff date.

Ya think? 🙄

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

WEST DIVISION

Didn’t we cover this already?