Give McGuire game reps

Doublezero

Harris was running up and down the sidelines the entire second half.  If there was any concern about structural damage that wouldn't have been happening.

In terms of McGuire, why not give him a few series in the first half of games and maybe the first one or two coming out of the half?  We're going to have to gear down here soon and give guys a rest, we're already at the point where we'd have to lose out and have someone else win out to not be first.  Maybe we flip that on its head and do it earlier in the season around the bye and play the last game of the season as more of a tone setter for the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I'm no Dr., I don't play one on TV or on the Internet, but non contact injuries usually aren't good for the player.

It was a contact injury.  He was stumbling on his own then the DB speared him on the turf in the endzone.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I'm on the play McGuire side. I don't ever want to see a repeat of the Dinwiddie Grey Cup.

The only way we avoid a Dinwiddie Grey Cup is we have McGuire play the rest of the season including the West final. While we keep Zach in a plastic bubble for the next six weeks, ready to be unwrapped during Grey Cup week.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

They have been throwing in some Strev packages for McGuire but two weeks ago he ****** the dog and tossed an INT, so they might be a little gun shy... 

One play like twice. It's not at all the streveler package and he isn't that type of athlete. 

18 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

It was a contact injury.  He was stumbling on his own then the DB speared him on the turf in the endzone.

Watch it again, you can see he takes a but of an awkward step just before the endzone and before the DB hits him he is reaching for his knee....the db didn't help but it was a non contact injury.

54 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Watch it again, you can see he takes a but of an awkward step just before the endzone and before the DB hits him he is reaching for his knee....the db didn't help but it was a non contact injury.

I'm thinking it's a bit of both as well.  The "tackle" seemed to cause his knees to smash together, but he definitely tweaked the knee during his run.

Hard to know. No obvious buckle or twist when he spun after catching the ball, but it looked awkward and he stumbles in. Then the hit was on his thigh but he grabs the back of his leg. Hard to know what triggered the injury, or what it in fact is. Grabbed behind and just above the knee, so is it a hamstring or a posterior crucial ligament?

On 2021-10-16 at 4:20 PM, Booch said:

The way he planted off balance and jammmed it I would say if anytbing it's just an MCL strain... definitely wasn't Acl and nothing was torn..

And I sure he has a high pain threshold and that can be played through with a brace and not be limiting for his style of running.

I almost certain he sits vs BC and then has the bye and will be back in next game..prob won't practice week but won't need to anyway.

Get Brady some extra work and be sharper for the cold weather football coming up..be nice to get Augustine some reps too

exactly

I'm resting Harris this week for sure, and I really want to see the other guys getting reps, platoon with the starters. McGuire definitely has to get reps

On 2021-10-17 at 9:58 AM, Stickem said:

Totally agree on McGuire....he needs the reps.....I don't think the short yardage td machine get's it done without meaningful reps. at all phases of the game....I know he can throw.....he just needs to get into a pattern and a rythym with our receivers to fill out his game.....Besides giving Collaros a break it's a good move.....As far as Harris goes....I know that he's chasing goals and that every game means a lot to him but I'm sure he'd agree his health and the team comes first..............

31 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Last game of the season in Cgy. for sure, O'Shea has done it before, multiple times. 

2019 against the Stamps exception played Collaros first game with Wpg. Win 29-28
2018 against the Elks rested Nichols started Streveler Loss 24-33.
2017 against the Stamps rested Nichols started Dan LeFevour Win 23-5.
2016 against the RB's exception Bombers were still in the hunt for playoff position, Nichols played over Glenn Win 33-20.
2015  against the Argos rested Nichols started Dom Davis Loss 11-21.
2014 against the Stamps rested Drew Willy started Robert Marve until his knees gave out and Willy finished the game. Win 18-13.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

2 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

I’d like to see the Bombers give some of the number 1 receivers a rest.  It might be a good time to get guys like Roosevelt and Adams some touches to see if they still have what it takes to make some big plays just in cases they are called upon when it counts. 

Some shade for Adams. ;)

Legit question - how much of Darvin Adam’s gameplay is “run a deep route, or throw blocks if we set up a hitch screen?” Am I wrong that a sizeable amount of his game was going deep on every play and getting one or two bombs thrown his way? I know it’s not that simple, but wasn’t he the designated deep threat for the most part?

10 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

I’d like to see the Bombers give some of the number 1 receivers a rest.  It might be a good time to get guys like Roosevelt and Adams some touches to see if they still have what it takes to make some big plays just in cases they are called upon when it counts. 

Some no1 wrs? Nah. Bailey is just coming into his own. Lawler and collaros struggled on a couple hook ups and he certainly needs to be out there post suspension.  Demski should be used more and more consistently, even more so with woli. 

Darvin adams should sit, but wont be sat. But with agudosi suspended we are kind of limited in options and we dont really need more slow wrs like rosie. 

9 minutes ago, JCon said:

Some shade for Adams. ;)

I wouldnt worry about it, he wont catch the shade either. 😉

Just now, JCon said:

yawnface.gif

I mean he's probably still injured or some thing. There is probably a good reason why his hands look like lucky whiteheads after he got hurt. Ok ok ill stop, dont need another self loathing bomber fan we have that quota covered. 

Id love nothing more than to see him return to his peak form, and have a giant wbbfan and the rest of the haters can shove it game / finish to the year. But if not I feel like this could be his last season. Hes our least reliable and valuable starting wr right now. 3 ok games, 3 invisible games, 2 horrible games. Bailey struggled early, but really turned it around. So I hope he manages the same. He used to be such a dangerous deep threat, when we could barely throw a deep ball. 

Otherwise, I think we are better off with mcknight in, and woli moved to slot. 

11 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I mean he's probably still injured or some thing. There is probably a good reason why his hands look like lucky whiteheads after he got hurt. Ok ok ill stop, dont need another self loathing bomber fan we have that quota covered. 

Id love nothing more than to see him return to his peak form, and have a giant wbbfan and the rest of the haters can shove it game / finish to the year. But if not I feel like this could be his last season. Hes our least reliable and valuable starting wr right now. 3 ok games, 3 invisible games, 2 horrible games. Bailey struggled early, but really turned it around. So I hope he manages the same. He used to be such a dangerous deep threat, when we could barely throw a deep ball. 

Otherwise, I think we are better off with mcknight in, and woli moved to slot. 

The slots are Demski, Lawler and Bailey, who you going to move outside?

Just now, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The slots are Demski, Lawler and Bailey, who you going to move outside?

Lawler played at boundary WR while adams was out, and the two flip spots frequently in each game. Thats your high production wide out spot and suits lawler really well. Bailey has also been solid in his looks at that spot, but lawler is really the guy to fit that spot best.