Give McGuire game reps

Doublezero

Now that we are in the playoffs it's time to get McGuire in there for meaningful game-speed reps. Why would you want to expose Zach to more risk than necessary with a patched-up O line? Let Collaros start the next four games for sure, but get McGuire in there too. Let him get his timing down and sync-up a bit with our receivers. Let him run the O. How does he handle the pressure? Look what happened in 2007 when Kevin Glenn went down in the final quarter of the West Final. A really strong Blue Bombers team goes to the Grey Cup - and loses - because the No. 2 QB, Ryan Dinwiddie - was not given any playing time during the season.

21 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I am sure he will get more chances to play should we lock up first place.

We haven't yet.

Yep. I imagine the last game maybe two could see some pre season treatment where he gets half a game or so. Brady and augustine may start at that point to keep Harris healthy. Maybe gray gets a game too. 

38 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Now that we are in the playoffs it's time to get McGuire in there for meaningful game-speed reps. Why would you want to expose Zach to more risk than necessary with a patched-up O line? Let Collaros start the next four games for sure, but get McGuire in there too. Let him get his timing down and sync-up a bit with our receivers. Let him run the O. How does he handle the pressure? Look what happened in 2007 when Kevin Glenn went down in the final quarter of the West Final. A really strong Blue Bombers team goes to the Grey Cup - and loses - because the No. 2 QB, Ryan Dinwiddie - was not given any playing time during the season.

We need to clinch the West division first by beating the Leos next week. Then he can have majority of the snaps on all remaining games.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

30 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yep. I imagine the last game maybe two could see some pre season treatment where he gets half a game or so. Brady and augustine may start at that point to keep Harris healthy. Maybe gray gets a game too. 

I'm guessing Harris is out a minimum 3 weeks. I have a feeling it might be the year with the way he was limping. But I hope not.

4 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Actually we need to win one more game and have Calgary lose one. If we only win one and Calgary wins out and beats us by 3, we're second.

That said, support see Mcguire getting some reps.

If we win in BC it doesn't matter what happens. Calgary can only get to 9 wins.

40 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm guessing Harris is out a minimum 3 weeks. I have a feeling it might be the year with the way he was limping. But I hope not.

If we win in BC it doesn't matter what happens. Calgary can only get to 9 wins.

Looked to me like he just tweaked his hamstring and maybe knee. If it had been serious he wouldn't have been standing on the side line. He said going off he was OK too. 

I think it was more preventative keeping him out. They might keep him out next week if it stays tight and slows him down. If we clinch the west final we probably see him used sparingly in the last few weeks. But I doubt he would want to stay out. 

29 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Looked to me like he just tweaked his hamstring and maybe knee. If it had been serious he wouldn't have been standing on the side line. He said going off he was OK too. 

I think it was more preventative keeping him out. They might keep him out next week if it stays tight and slows him down. If we clinch the west final we probably see him used sparingly in the last few weeks. But I doubt he would want to stay out. 

He had a brace on under his pants and was still limping on the sideline. Could be a ligament...is my worry anyway.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Streveler treatment. 

Letting him get a first down on the sneak and then keep him in there for a hurry up rep - if the coaching staff thinks he can handle it. 

29 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I honestly expected him out for the next series.

Not worried at all at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

He had a brace on under his pants and was still limping on the sideline. Could be a ligament...is my worry anyway.

Has had the brace all season. Pretty precautionary in my opinion considering he rarely even practices this year. He walked off the field.. stayed on the sidelines.. long term likely means stays in the room 

Edited by Goalie

The way he planted off balance and jammmed it I would say if anytbing it's just an MCL strain... definitely wasn't Acl and nothing was torn..

And I sure he has a high pain threshold and that can be played through with a brace and not be limiting for his style of running.

I almost certain he sits vs BC and then has the bye and will be back in next game..prob won't practice week but won't need to anyway.

Get Brady some extra work and be sharper for the cold weather football coming up..be nice to get Augustine some reps too

42 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

40 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Has had the brace all season. Pretty precautionary in my opinion considering he rarely even practices this year. He walked off the field.. stayed on the sidelines.. long term likely means stays in the room 

Yep this. 

41 minutes ago, Booch said:

The way he planted off balance and jammmed it I would say if anytbing it's just an MCL strain... definitely wasn't Acl and nothing was torn..

And I sure he has a high pain threshold and that can be played through with a brace and not be limiting for his style of running.

I almost certain he sits vs BC and then has the bye and will be back in next game..prob won't practice week but won't need to anyway.

Get Brady some extra work and be sharper for the cold weather football coming up..be nice to get Augustine some reps too

Johnny Augustine definitely deserves some reps and I agree that we probably see him in 3 weeks.

Last thing you want to do is take your foot off the gas and just play out the stretch… that’s something the 2001 team did… I’d say get all the back up in only if game circumstances allow it (ideally up by a lot)… only exception is the final game of the season… get the back ups a lot of work in the second half of that one… other exception is any injury to Collaros… no matter how small, take him out 

Totally agree on McGuire....he needs the reps.....I don't think the short yardage td machine get's it done without meaningful reps. at all phases of the game....I know he can throw.....he just needs to get into a pattern and a rythym with our receivers to fill out his game.....Besides giving Collaros a break it's a good move.....As far as Harris goes....I know that he's chasing goals and that every game means a lot to him but I'm sure he'd agree his health and the team comes first..............