3 stars plus hh Elk sweep

wbbfan

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah Harris was never the best runner if you ask me, his true greatness is that he is so versatile and good at everything. Blocking, catching, running. No weaknesses. 

I wouldn't say he was never a great runner but his soft skills really make him great. Vision patience hands blocking he does all the little things. He's quick fast and strong enough to run cut backs beat angles break big plays and break tackles or push the pile. 

Reminds me a lot of milt as a professional athlete. He has mastered the craft of his position and like you said has no weaknesses. 

Bailey......he had himself a game.....just when the opposition thinks they have us figured out another guy shows his stuff

Bighill.......he's having himself a year.....powerhouse of a player that luv's what he does

Brady.........admirable performance after taking the reins from Harris....I like his Andrew like ability to power through the oppositions big guns

I want to say something about Mourtada.....he picked up his game.....but he still makes me nervous

11 hours ago, Piggy 1 said:

1. Brady Oliviera

2. Houston. Kid ,came to play.

3. Bailey. And he let us all know.

HH. Mourtada. Hes tryin........

And after all the grief that young Houston has gone through this year! Team did him a solid bringing his whole family up here after his daughter got shot in her bed was just awesome.

1. Oliviera off the bench for 105 yards.

2. Bailey

3. Defence....0 points allowed in Q4

HH  Mortada. 14 points scored by him. He's here for another week.

Crunch. Hansen , and the Hallet boys.

58 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I don't mean he wasn't great, just that as a pure runner there were and are always guys in the league better at that particular aspect. 

Who would you suggest is currently a better pure runner, because you can't base it on body of work? This is only Stanback's third year in the CFL and I'm guessing you aren't talking about Wilder or the Calgary guy.

Harris' spin move alone, sets him apart.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Well yes stanback is a guy that comes to mind. 

This isn't to suggest Harris is a poor runner, but he has been the absolute focus of the Bombers offence last while and playing behind the top OL in the league. His blocking and receiving are really what sets him apart, I didn't think that was a controversial take...

I don’t see anything controversial with this take. Harris is not the fastest guy out there, he will not win a 40 yard foot race to the end zone, but he reads his blocks very well, knows when to let the blocking develop and when to burst through the hole, and often survives first contact and churns out another 3-5 yards when being tackled rather than being stopped dead. And his blocking a and especially catching are what set him apart from others. 

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Well yes stanback is a guy that comes to mind. 

This isn't to suggest Harris is a poor runner, but he has been the absolute focus of the Bombers offence last while and playing behind the top OL in the league. His blocking and receiving are really what sets him apart, I didn't think that was a controversial take...

Nor should you take my question as controversial. I'm just asking you to clarify who you feel is a better pure runner. 

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

Looking back I’d have to say Fred Reid comes to mind as a phenomenal runner.  So many times when he got to the second level he flat out made defences look terrible with his speed.

I think Oliveira has improved a lot from his early games where it looked like often ran straight into the pile as fast and hard as possible.  He showed patience and an element of craftiness that made his power running even harder to stop.

1 hour ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Looking back I’d have to say Fred Reid comes to mind as a phenomenal runner.  So many times when he got to the second level he flat out made defences look terrible with his speed.

I think Oliveira has improved a lot from his early games where it looked like often ran straight into the pile as fast and hard as possible.  He showed patience and an element of craftiness that made his power running even harder to stop.

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I don’t see anything controversial with this take. Harris is not the fastest guy out there, he will not win a 40 yard foot race to the end zone, but he reads his blocks very well, knows when to let the blocking develop and when to burst through the hole, and often survives first contact and churns out another 3-5 yards when being tackled rather than being stopped dead. And his blocking a and especially catching are what set him apart from others. 

There aren’t many RBs out there who use the stiff arm as effectively as AH either. How many additional yards has that amounted to over the years?

4 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Kind of disagree. Reid was just fast. It was his only skill set. He would break an open hole for a long run or he would get stuffed for no gain.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Kind of disagree. Reid was just fast. It was his only skill set. He would break an open hole for a long run or he would get stuffed for no gain.

Ah, in regards to being a “pure runner” as mentioned previously, what are the criteria?  If we’re adding shiftiness, running through contact etc, then totally I would take Reid off that list (respectfully of course).

If AH was born in Florida and went to an ncaa school and yeah.. had those opportunities... he likely would be an NFL running back. He's built like one. Like a brick **** house 

Just does everything right. I feel we have several NFL caliber talent 

Harris Biggie the Jeffs. Alexander. Alford. Nichols 

Edited by Goalie

17 minutes ago, Goalie said:

If AH was born in Florida and went to an ncaa school and yeah.. had those opportunities... he likely would be an NFL running back. He's built like one. Like a brick **** house 

Stove Lawler Eli Bryant hardrick Taylor kongbo and Grant too. Honestly Brady ran a slow 40 but If he ran a tenth maybe a tenth and a half faster he'd be in the NFL too. 

5 hours ago, Goalie said:

Love Harris but he’s not fast enough. The NFL is very into combine numbers. He wouldn’t be impressive enough athletically. But a guy like Trent Richardson can get drafted top 5 but couldn’t read a play or a hole. 

17 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Love Harris but he’s not fast enough. The NFL is very into combine numbers. He wouldn’t be impressive enough athletically. But a guy like Trent Richardson can get drafted top 5 but couldn’t read a play or a hole. 

Yes he is. He ran a 4.45 and used to return kicks. He still has break away speed. His testing numbers were great. Tremendous upper body strength too. 

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

No he ran a 4.59. 4.6 isn’t ideal in the NFL especially for a RB under 6 foot. No problem. Good for us. 

His pro day was 4.45. And has comparable speed to lots of backs like Curtis Martin. The NFL also doesn't look for tall rbs. Tall rbs get hit low and tear up knees and hips.

The average nfl rb is 5 10.5 and under 215. Harris is 5 10 and 216. 

This year 20 rbs were drafted in the nfl. Only 4 ran faster than 4.52 at the combine. The 5 year average 40 time for rbs is 4.49. If you remove the outliers you're looking at starting nfl rbs running the exact same type of numbers as Harris on high and low 40 times. 

people seem to think nfl rbs are all 4.3 machines but really Andrew harris is almost exactly the nfl prototype for rb in every way. 

Edited by wbbfan

13 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Yes he is. He ran a 4.45 and used to return kicks. He still has break away speed. His testing numbers were great. Tremendous upper body strength too. 

I agree with everything you say on Harris… he is still one of the best when it come to finding holes, breaking tackles, catching, blocking, etc… but I disagree with the bolded, especially still… breakaway speed is the only thing missing from his arsenal at this point in his career…