CHAMPS at Elks GDT

Nolby

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

It’s funny with everything else going on… we haven’t even argued about this…

I was watching and yelling at the TV… how ******* long are they going to let this go for… I cannot believe they let it go for so long after his momentum had clearly stopped… and then he appeared to fumble before breaking the plane… just an odd play that I still have no idea how Edm got two points out of…

Definitely fumbled after he broke the plane but Jesus that was the slowest whistle ever. Gets stood up and forward progress stopped, but better let it keep going...

14 hours ago, Tracker said:

The morning after observations:

Collaros did not have one of his better games- he was under pressure a lot but he underthrew many passes.

The Elks have an anemic offence but a pretty good defence

Gray in limited action seemed to do quite well and maybe he ought to get more work at right tackle. Missing Yoshi hurt. A lot, so experience for backups is vital

Mourtada was better last night, maybe even good, but still not good enough. 

That was a weird injury Andrew Harris suffered, but because he is such a critical part of the offence, we ought to be grateful we have #20 , Oliveira picked up very good yardage against a stingy Elk front seven.

Last night wasn't a night to give McGuire game experience, but I hope that O'Shea will give him more work soon when the game is in hand. Losing Yoshi hurt but losing Collaros without an experienced backup would be a disaster and render all the dominant games irrelevant.

Adams continues to underperform. Why? Is it time to sit him out? Is Meredith ever going to be an option?

Meredith isn't with the team.

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Meredith isn't with the team.

I know, but when he left the team, there was speculation that he had a lingering injury but would return when healthy. He had a pretty good good NFL resume and size, so I was hoping he might be an option for the team.

For the last x years every Bomber loss has been accompanied by a week of dissecting the 4 or 5 plays that we coulda gone our way to give turn our losses into wins. Most of the time it was nonsense and when I said that, I was called a troll.

This week, I'm being called a troll for bringing up the one play that was the turning point in the game & someone said I'm only here when we have a bad game. Neither is true.

I think we lose if Grymes makes the pick 6. Assuming we stop them from scoring any more points, we still need to score a TD and a FG or 3 FG's to win. I doubt Mourtada has 3 FG's in him in 10 minutes. The 1 TD we did score was right after the Grymes drop which wouldn't happen. Others think we would have scored at least 8 to win anyway.

Some folks think troll means doesn't share the same opinion as others.

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

For the last x years every Bomber loss has been accompanied by a week of dissecting the 4 or 5 plays that we coulda gone our way to give turn our losses into wins. Most of the time it was nonsense and when I said that, I was called a troll.

This week, I'm being called a troll for bringing up the one play that was the turning point in the game & someone said I'm only here when we have a bad game. Neither is true.

I think we lose if Grymes makes the pick 6. Assuming we stop them from scoring any more points, we still need to score a TD and a FG or 3 FG's to win. I doubt Mourtada has 3 FG's in him in 10 minutes. The 1 TD we did score was right after the Grymes drop which wouldn't happen. Others think we would have scored at least 8 to win anyway.

It's very possible we could have still won in spite of a fictitious pick 6. We held edmonton in their zone for the entire 4th quarter.  Why are you harping on play that didn't happen?

16 hours ago, bearpants said:

It’s funny with everything else going on… we haven’t even argued about this…

I was watching and yelling at the TV… how ******* long are they going to let this go for… I cannot believe they let it go for so long after his momentum had clearly stopped… and then he appeared to fumble before breaking the plane… just an odd play that I still have no idea how Edm got two points out of…

This too

TANDEM BLOCKING
It shall be illegal to assist the forward progress of a ball carrier by providing impetus from behind or in front of the ball carrier.

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

You don't think it's weird to say a 1 score CFL game would be over with 11 minutes left?

Like take the bombers and Elks out of the equation. A 1 score CFL game, 11 minutes left.....and you think it's over? Come on man, no one who watches the CFL as much as you have could honestly believe that.

Edited by Bigblue204

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

They should just ditch that rule. Happens every game and is never called.

Yes and no.  There's a difference between getting behind the ball carrier and pushing/dragging him or pushing the pile.

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

You don't think it's weird to say a 1 score CFL game would be over with 11 minutes left?

Especially when the team we're assuming will score 0 for the rest of the game in reality scored 10 points after that play and likely would have scored on another possession if not running out the clock.  3-4 possessions left after that play.

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yes and no.  There's a difference between getting behind the ball carrier and pushing/dragging him or pushing the pile.

Especially when the team we're assuming will score 0 for the rest of the game in reality scored 10 points after that play and likely would have scored on another possession if not running out the clock.  3-4 possessions left after that play.

"Every game" may be an exaggeration but it happens a lot. Every team does it.

That TD at home against the Esks where Harris went through the whole team probably should have been called based on the way the rule is written.

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

"Every game" may be an exaggeration but it happens a lot. Every team does it.

That TD at home against the Esks where Harris went through the whole team probably should have been called based on the way the rule is written.

You're allowed to push, just not your ball carrier. So when Hardrick comes running up and pushes the pile it's legal cause he's not pushing the ball carrier, technically speaking they can say he is trying to push off the tacklers (basically blocking).

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

You're allowed to push, just not your ball carrier. So when Hardrick comes running up and pushes the pile it's legal cause he's not pushing the ball carrier, technically speaking they can say he is trying to push off the tacklers (basically blocking).

I am talking about pushing the ball carrier. OL also drag guys over the line often. 

It is never called 

If we’re gonna play what-if… what if BA makes his interception, what if one of our other db’s (can’t remember who it was) also makes what would have been a sure pick 6… some would then go on to say “if not for our interceptions… etc etc”

Edited by BigBlueFanatic

53 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Exactly.  I can only ever remember it being called once…. Pretty sure Sellers was the ball carrier and it negated a TD.

I can't remember if it's the same play, but I remember Stoddard being flagged for it.... "pushing the pile" and negating a big gain... 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I can't remember if it's the same play, but I remember Stoddard being flagged for it.... "pushing the pile" and negating a big gain... 

I honestly can’t remember… It was a home game and the play was going towards the south endzone.  The refs actually called it tandem blocking and no one knew what the hell that was.

1 hour ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

If we’re gonna play what-if… what if BA makes his interception, what if one of our other db’s (can’t remember who it was) also makes what would have been a sure pick 6… some would then go on to say “if not for our interceptions… etc etc”

It was Houston.  Really wanted him to get that.  He and his family deserve some good fortune.

15 hours ago, Tracker said:

I know, but when he left the team, there was speculation that he had a lingering injury but would return when healthy. He had a pretty good good NFL resume and size, so I was hoping he might be an option for the team.

I think if the Bombers had any interest they'd have put him on the IR List. They have other options at receiver.