Game 1 @Anaheim

iHeart

They are. They barely try  

Interesting Stat after 2 periods last night 

7 2 ducks high danger chances 

Jets lots of shots but zero traffic. 

Maurice also called out Stanley after the game for his icing call leading to a goal. Ppl say Stanley played well but he lead the team in giveaways 

Yeah the Jets needed to get some traffic in front of Gibson.  I'm not taking away anything from him though, he played very well, but a lot of the shots he faced he was able to see.   I'm also a bit concerned of how Schiefele's absence once again shows how bad our offence is without him.  I hope our secondary scoring comes through.

On to San Jose!

51 minutes ago, Goalie said:

They are. They barely try  

Interesting Stat after 2 periods last night 

7 2 ducks high danger chances 

Jets lots of shots but zero traffic. 

Maurice also called out Stanley after the game for his icing call leading to a goal. Ppl say Stanley played well but he lead the team in giveaways 

Who said Stanley had a good game?  I thought he looked lethargic and sloppy.

I feel we talk about needing more net front traffic every year.  Also need to shoot well from the point for that traffic to be effective.

4 hours ago, BomberBall said:

Yup, no need to lose our minds over the 1st game… It wasn’t awful, but it wasn’t very good.  Wheeler assisted on Connor’s goal, but other than that he was terrible.  I thought Stanley and Copp also had poor showings.  Ehlers looked good and should get more ice.  Dillon had some solid hits… Hopefully that kind of play runs off on Stanley.  On to SJ.

Did anyone see that clip of Dillon in training camp, and how he was cranking guys in the scrimmage?  Finally Wheeler went over to him and told him to cool it.  I wonder if that's how Washington scrimmages.  

26 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Did anyone see that clip of Dillon in training camp, and how he was cranking guys in the scrimmage?  Finally Wheeler went over to him and told him to cool it.  I wonder if that's how Washington scrimmages.  

Yes, I did....  I couldn't decide if I was impressed by it or pissed off.  😀

17 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Yes, I did....  I couldn't decide if I was impressed by it or pissed off.  😀

Same reaction.  I didn't know what to think on that one.  Also not sure where in training camp they were at at that point.  It wasn't like Dillon was blowing guys up, but he was playing hard.  Not sure why playing soft in scrimmages is the "Winnipeg Jets way", or maybe Wheeler was just worried that Dillon was going to hurt someone?

10 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Same reaction.  I didn't know what to think on that one.  Also not sure where in training camp they were at at that point.  It wasn't like Dillon was blowing guys up, but he was playing hard.  Not sure why playing soft in scrimmages is the "Winnipeg Jets way", or maybe Wheeler was just worried that Dillon was going to hurt someone?

Maybe he was just a little over zealous being on a new team?  Hopefully it's not a indicator that the Jets practice habits are lax.

36 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Lowry/Copp both had more points then PLD last year.  Granted PLD was injured for 10 games but what's PLD done lately. 

Hardly a shocking take from you based on your commentary in this sub-forum. But still as absurd as ever.

Dubois averages .64 PPG over his career (281 GP)[https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/d/duboipi01.html]; Copp averages .36 PPG (412 GP)[https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/c/coppan01.html]; Lowry averages .32 PPG (461 GP)[https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/l/lowryad01.html]. But sure, Dubois "is 4th line good." What a ridiculous statement. In fewer games he's roughly twice as productive as either Copp or Lowry. One rough season doesn't change that fact.

Dubois was traded after a falling out in Columbus, had to self-isolate, join a new team, learn a new system, build a rapport with his linemates, and then got injured in the process - and put up 20 points in those 41 games played.

Did he struggle? Yeah. Does he need to be better? Absolutely. Is he a bottom 6 forward? Abso-*******-lutely not.

Edited by blue_gold_84
links added

Last year doesn't matter. 

Copp can't keep up. He's a grinder. Like Lowry 

But honestly 3 of Wheeler Copp Stastny in your top 6 is not exactly optimal. Pretty slow there... Blake is a slow starter tho... copp had a 10 game stretch where he went crazy on powerplay 2. 

Dubois? Well if we had any finishers last game besides kc and Ehlers.. he'd have had 3 4 points