Game 1 @Anaheim

iHeart

After missing all of training camp, Jets associate coach Jamie Kompon will return to the bench for this evening's season opener at the Honda Center. Kompon's wife Tina continues her battle with cancer and this morning the coaching staff wore jackets that had a logo that included a pink ribbon and the initials TK.

Did I hear right that Mason Mactavish played in a senior men’s league last year? Nice he gets his first NHL goal against us although upon further review the whistle did indeed go prior to him tapping it in. Not sure what they meant by the puck was in motion as the whistle  went so good goal? 

Jets with lots of turnovers and altho not spending lots of time in own zone... need work big time. Defensively our forwards need to help out more still. 

Also don't get Pionk being our shooter on the pp so much... just doesn't have a good enough shot. 

I'd strongly look at switching Perfetti with Copp tho 

Jets looked great until Anaheim scored. Then downhill. Wheeler should be benched for his giveaways and selfish penalties.  Just 1 game but... 10 15 more like this and bye bye Maurice. Jets expectations very high... very very high. Maurice either gets the job done or he's gone. I'll guess if Jets outside playoffs by US Thanksgiving he's gone 

Edited by Goalie

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Jets looked great until Anaheim scored. Then downhill. Wheeler should be benched for his giveaways and selfish penalties.  Just 1 game but... 10 15 more like this and bye bye Maurice 

What a shock. 40 minutes into the season and you want Maurice and Wheeler gone. What, did they steal your lunch money in grade school?

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

What a shock. 40 minutes into the season and you want Maurice and Wheeler gone. What, did they steal your lunch money in grade school?

Expectations are high. I don't want either gone... why get butthurt for stating facts... Maurice Is done If Jets fail this season.  Wheeler doesn't belong on line 1 anymore. 

Meh.. how bout another 10 years with no winning? I mean pretty obvious Maurices ass is on the line this season 

Edited by Goalie

17 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Expectations are high. I don't want either gone... why get butthurt for stating facts... Maurice Is done If Jets fail this season.  Wheeler doesn't belong on line 1 anymore. 

Meh.. how bout another 10 years with no winning? I mean pretty obvious Maurices ass is on the line this season 

You’ve had Maurice’s ass on the line since 2017. And you’ve had Wheeler as washed up for about the same time. You totally want them gone. It’s your refrain every year. 

Brutal showing last night. Nobody really stood out and the Jets were mostly awful in their own end without the puck. Powerplay was the only real bright spot, IMO. Gibson made sure there was no damage done, though.

The hyperbole and panic over one game is a bit much. Remember 2017-18 when this team started out the gate poorly? There are 81 games left to play. On to San Jose.

Yup, no need to lose our minds over the 1st game… It wasn’t awful, but it wasn’t very good.  Wheeler assisted on Connor’s goal, but other than that he was terrible.  I thought Stanley and Copp also had poor showings.  Ehlers looked good and should get more ice.  Dillon had some solid hits… Hopefully that kind of play runs off on Stanley.  On to SJ.

I think outside of a tiny sample last year vs not so good cdn teams... copp can't keep up with Dubois and Ehlers.  Don't get the hesitation to put Perfetti with them and copp back with Lowry 

CSW 

PDE 

Stastny Lowry copp

Harkins Nash Svech/ves 

Little more balance imo 

Edited by Goalie