Jump to content

Mourtada


Recommended Posts

ok realistically  cuz i dont know the ins and outs of a covid world right now

what are our options for kicking right now besides what we have in house? im assuming it has to be someone already in canada? if so, can it really be any worse to find a recently graduated U sports kicker and try them while we look for a long term solution?

i say this with zero humour or bragging but ive hit field goals more reliably than this guy. granted in high school but still.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, White Out said:

ok realistically  cuz i dont know the ins and outs of a covid world right now

what are our options for kicking right now besides what we have in house? im assuming it has to be someone already in canada? if so, can it really be any worse to find a recently graduated U sports kicker and try them while we look for a long term solution?

i say this with zero humour or bragging but ive hit field goals more reliably than this guy. granted in high school but still.

Are you looking for work????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

When I was young

I never needed anyone

And making field goals was just for fun.

Those days are done.

Get out of town...

I want you to... Get out of town... right away

Get out of townnnn...

Don't wanna see you anymore...

Get out of town.... yesterday.

All my troubles seem so far away...when can we get a kicker in today? Oh i believe in yesterday.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Booch said:

well...in his defence his Kickoffs have been spot on and perfectly placed everytime....and the one convert miss was partially tipped at L.OS

But yes...the field goal kicking has been wayyyyy bad for a pro

Exactly, Boosh... the kickoffs were very good this past game, pinning the Elk deep in their end & played a role in field position which can't be overlooked. The kickoffs are not a problem in my opinion, since #42 has arrived as I have mentioned to my buddy while we are at the home games.

Now, I agree kicking for field goals and the point afters are concerning in the past 3 games: first game (wide right), second game (bang on) & third game (wide left). With Medlock, it was given that it would be successful and rare that there would be the number of missed attempts as has been the case this season.

But, I watched some kind of NFL highlights yesterday, apparently some experienced kickers were having issues (it happens, I believe)...  Now, a few years back, we weren't happy with a certain kicker that was here, he landed up out east, became a wanted CFL kicker, along with numerous try outs in the NFL this year. Now, in the past few days, I'm reading, let's get him back here. Ok, great. Does he really want to come back here, is my first question? And, I'm pretty certain, the call(s) have been made for him and others.

This management group is on top of things and an action plan is/has been worked on and by season end, there will be a solution...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, camper_2 said:

Exactly, Boosh... the kickoffs were very good this past game, pinning the Elk deep in their end & played a role in field position which can't be overlooked. The kickoffs are not a problem in my opinion, since #42 has arrived as I have mentioned to my buddy while we are at the home games.

Now, I agree kicking for field goals and the point afters are concerning in the past 3 games: first game (wide right), second game (bang on) & third game (wide left). With Medlock, it was given that it would be successful and rare that there would be the number of missed attempts as has been the case this season.

But, I watched some kind of NFL highlights yesterday, apparently some experienced kickers were having issues (it happens, I believe)...  Now, a few years back, we weren't happy with a certain kicker that was here, he landed up out east, became a wanted CFL kicker, along with numerous try outs in the NFL this year. Now, in the past few days, I'm reading, let's get him back here. Ok, great. Does he really want to come back here, is my first question? And, I'm pretty certain, the call(s) have been made for him and others.

This management group is on top of things and an action plan is/has been worked on and by season end, there will be a solution...

Green Bay/Bengals missed 5 field goals in 8 minutes,it looked so bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mourtada has been fantastic with kick offs. However in the cfl with current roster sizes you can't be a ko specialist. 

 It's much easier to have directional control on a ko than a fg. Also you can have a wide margin for error on ko. Also the distance difference between his avg ko and the league average is like 1.5 yards. He's not crazy good at kick offs. Legs was crazy poor at them. 

I wouldn't be against him being in camp next year or on the pr. But he can't punt and can't kick fgs. At this point he looks a year away from being a year away. We can't just keep running him out for fgs knowing he will miss more than he makes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Full disclosure, Mike Oshea is an amazing coach. However, I hateee the way he deals with the media sometimes. Mike can be so condescending about things. A simple comment about kicking would be nice Mike, nobodies saying the team got "lucky". 

 

Deflect deflect deflect

I have no problem with what he said. He was asked if they were lucky a game had not come down to kicking yet (which it did, vs. Calgary) and he said there is nothing "lucky" about the outcome of the games.

I loved it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nolby said:

Are you looking for work????

after i hurt my neck in a car wreck as a teenager, the only hope i had of playing as a blue bomber as place kicker. i practiced and got really good at it in high school. something tells me, though, that Bombers aren't interested in a 40 year old out of shape dude who has never played professional sports :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, White Out said:

after i hurt my neck in a car wreck as a teenager, the only hope i had of playing as a blue bomber as place kicker. i practiced and got really good at it in high school. something tells me, though, that Bombers aren't interested in a 40 year old out of shape dude who has never played professional sports :)

Excellent. I'm only 35

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, bearpants said:

When the season is going this well… we gotta find something to complain about 😆

Tell me about it. Bomber scapegoat of the week has been hard to come up with. Have to defer to Rod Black, LaPo, and Dave Donaldson in lieu of active scapegoats. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bearpants said:

I absolutely agree.... just having some fun with TrueBlue's comment...

🤣

Also, its kind of ironic with how much trash was talked about yamasaki in BC that we now have a worse kicker. 

Can you Imagine if we stay the course like this, and mourtada wins a ring kicking at 40%? Westies head would explode

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Noeller said:

My mind was wandering over the weekend and I started thinking about whether Westwood had enough ego that he would reach out to Wade Miller and say "Y'know, I could still make those kicks I think..." 

Id bet good money that he's called wade more times then the bombers have called medlock and lirim combined. I would also bet that every single call went straight to voicemail... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...