Mourtada

Brandon

It’s expected Castillo will arrive in Winnipeg while the Bombers are on a bye week next week and will complete a mandatory seven-day quarantine before joining the team. The earliest he could possibly play would be Nov. 6, when the Bombers host the Montreal Alouettes.

The Bombers agreed to conditions on the fourth-round pick they sent to the Lions. Those conditions are linked to how the Bombers finish the season. It’s likely that it will become a higher pick if the Bombers win the Grey Cup.

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/bombers-hope-to-have-found-solution-to-kicking-woes-with-acquisition-of-cfl-all-star-sergio-castillo?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

46 minutes ago, Saidin said:

If Castillo's in the states, he might need to quarantine if he isn't vax'd... 

He will need to be vaxxed to travel with the team anyway.

8 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

CASTILLO 
Punting - 44.4 average, longest 90yds (2016 vs Ott)
FG - 80 made / 92 attempts 87%, 57 longest (2017 vs Ham)
PAT - 55 made / 60 attempts 
KO - 61.5 average, 95 longest   

I need to sit down.

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I dont think anyone getting Medlock money in Covid times in fact I expect sal cap to go down so TOR can compete.

Toronto can compete. MLSE has oceans of money and the Argos are a thimbleful of water for them. The problem is MLSE doesn’t WANT to spend any money on the team. 

20 minutes ago, Nolby said:

The writing is on the wall for Ali,whether he goes 5/5 or 0/5 he's gone. Maybe release him now and like mentioned,either let leggs do both duties or try out the Ferraro Roche

Will be curious to see how O’Shea handles it. If he has made his mind up on Mourtada no matter what, then it goes against his loyalty style to let him kick and then say he’s gone, no matter how he performs. And with Liegghio here they do have a ready replacement who will stay anyway as a punter one would think once Castillo arrives. But would he cut bait before the new guy is even here?

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I could see the Bombers sticking with the current line up for this game. The team is always focused on going 1-0...Oshea always says they want to go with the guys that give them the best opportunity to do that. Saturday our Mourtada gives them the best chance to go 1-0.

Depends on who's Mourtada shows up, though. :D

I can see the Bombers giving him this week and cut him during the bye. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I could see the Bombers sticking with the current line up for this game. The team is always focused on going 1-0...Oshea always says they want to go with the guys that give them the best opportunity to do that. Saturday our Mourtada gives them the best chance to go 1-0.

Unless Ferraro can get in there.

I am picking Ferraro.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

I wouldn't expect any changes for Saturday other than the kicker. It's still a huge game for us(clinching home for the playoffs) and I expect we absolutely **** kick BC Saturday to clinch. 44-13 Bombers

2 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I wouldn't expect any changes for Saturday other than the kicker. It's still a huge game for us(clinching home for the playoffs) and I expect we absolutely **** kick BC Saturday to clinch. 44-13 Bombers

Assuming the choices are Legs or Mourtada. They will go with Mourtada.

It was an eventuality for us to pick up a seasoned kicker.....I like the way Walters stays on top of things by signing two ....one a vet. the other a prospect.....When we are in the position we're in you can't leave anything to chance..and now we haven't....We have to tell Mourtada to go home and get his place kicking game up to 96 per cent and try the game again.....He did look like he had something

Edited by Stickem