Mourtada

Brandon

11 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Ok, this would suggest Castillo is not a slam dunk to come here if they are stockpiling kickers. Sounds like training camp auditions 2.0 going on right now. 
TBurg called it back in pre-season when he said they shouldn’t just gift the job to Liegghio and should bring in some competition. Oh well, I guess week 11 is better than nothing. 

Early this season, no one is available though since Lirim and Castillo are still chasing NFL gigs... and who knew that BC holds Castillo rights. 

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

Which of course isn't true as Crappy hadn't been signed yet, but don't let the facts get in the way of your hate.

Assuming we've signed Castillo... great pick up.

It's easy to say do this do that behind a monitor..  name a kicker who was available then tho. You can't. But don't let facts get in your way 

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

Which of course isn't true as Crappy hadn't been signed yet, but don't let the facts get in the way of your hate.

Assuming we've signed Castillo... great pick up.

This is true... you were right to call them out on that... then they alleviated your concerns by signing Crapinga... not exactly a game changing signing... but they (and some here, myself included) agreed with your assessment and tried to fix it... 

Finally... they have properly fixed it...

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I guess it will all shake down at some point, but lots of possible assumptions that could be made, which can be a fool’s errand to guess which one it is. I will wait until a presser from O’Shea for clarity. Who knows, maybe Mourtada has one more game in him before all the changes occur. 

BC game for sure, but then we're on bye, right?

Lots of time for travel and quarentine.

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I guess it will all shake down at some point, but lots of possible assumptions that could be made, which can be a fool’s errand to guess which one it is. I will wait until a presser from O’Shea for clarity. Who knows, maybe Mourtada has one more game in him before all the changes occur. 

I would let Lieggo do everything for this game

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Yep, lots of stuff can happen during the bye week. 
If Mourtada goes 5 for 5 and makes a game-winning kick, that would create a possible dilemma. And this place would lose its mind with angst. 

No dilemma there at all. Bye bye American who can't hit from past 40. 

I mean the guys been here weeks now... he's not good enough 

4 of 10 prior to last week or 40 percent... 4 of 5 last week making him 8 of 15 or just over 50 percent... he could go 10 for 10 this week. He's done. It's more likely he misses half his kicks tho. 

Edited by Goalie

9 minutes ago, Jesse said:

BC game for sure, but then we're on bye, right?

Lots of time for travel and quarentine.

Doesn't make any sense to play Mourtada this week if Castillo can't go right away... Maybe that Ferraro can punt and they'll let Leggs to the place kicking... Either that or I'd give it all to Leggs... Mourtada is a dead man walking.. and as @TrueBlue4ever said, what happens if he has a good game... last thing we need is a kicker controversy in a season where we've had nothing but sketchy kicking...