Mourtada

Brandon

9 hours ago, Nolby said:

Fair enough but if we have a chance to sign em long term then I want the younger meat

True. But all in all Id much rather we sign lirim (who just worked out for washington) sergio castillo (who had 2 work outs at the end of july but no deal) or Maher (who last got worked out at the end of sept but also got no contract.) And save the draft pick. 

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:
So he opted out of his BC contract to go to the NFL. So does this trade force him back to the CFL, or did we just acquire his rights but he can still opt out for the NFL even under contract to us?

Pretty sure we can't force him to come here, right? 

Just now, JCon said:

Pretty sure we can't force him to come here, right? 

I would think we can’t, but I am not sure how this NFL option stuff works. Perhaps this is why we got him for a 4th rounder, if it is only his rights but not the body we traded for (let’s see who wails about giving up precious CFL draft picks, lol). 

5 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Gabriel Ferraro too apparently.

5r0hp6.jpg

Ok, this would suggest Castillo is not a slam dunk to come here if they are stockpiling kickers. Sounds like training camp auditions 2.0 going on right now. 
TBurg called it back in pre-season when he said they shouldn’t just gift the job to Liegghio and should bring in some competition. Oh well, I guess week 11 is better than nothing. 

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Ok, this would suggest Castillo is not a slam dunk to come here if they are stockpiling kickers. Sounds like training camp auditions 2.0 going on right now. 
TBurg called it back in pre-season when he said they shouldn’t just gift the job to Liegghio and should bring in some competition. Oh well, I guess week 11 is better than nothing. 

Could be that Castillo wants to continue his NFL dreams next year and we'll be in the same boat then.  Doesn't hurt to bring in more legs to try out.