Mourtada

Brandon

Just because he won't cut him doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be cut.

And it certainly doesn't mean he is improving.  If anything he is getting worse because he is having to make changes due to the misses and it is throwing things off. That last miss was the worse ball he has kicked here and it is a direct result of his inability to kick from an angle. 

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Just because he won't cut him doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be cut.

And it certainly doesn't mean he is improving.  If anything he is getting worse because he is having to make changes due to the misses and it is throwing things off. That last miss was the worse ball he has kicked here and it is a direct result of his inability to kick from an angle. 

You have made up your mind on Mourtada no matter what, so OK. But 4 out of 5 is objectively and improvement over 4 out of 10, unless of course you took your math class in Saskatchewan. And when Crapigna wasn’t trying field goals from the 40 in the second quarter, it was O’Shea’s smart tactics rather than a weak leg, but up by 7 with two minutes left it’s now a kicker failure to punt away and pin the opponent on their 10 with the best defence in a generation? I can admit that there is a LOT of work to do in the kicking game and I still hold my breath, probably will for most of the rest of the season, but. can you find any way to admit that this week was a step in the right direction, rather than another week of “blow it all up and being in another guy and start again”? We all fretted about what would happen if we had a game where we needed the kicks to win a game, well now we have seen 2 games like that and both times our kickers came through and got us a win. I am satisfied but not overly complacent about how things turned out for this week anyway, and hope Mourtada continues to work at getting better at his mechanics. 

It's not a math question! It's a fact that outside of one long kick the guy still only hits the short field goals and as discussed the long one is a symptom of his problem... that he only knows how to kick the ball straight. He had a short one from the had he shanked atrociously trying to compensate for his miss. So forget the numbers, we still have a kicker who can only kick the ball straight and hitting a few short ones (as he did in a previous game) doesn't change that. His super kick offs even had one out of bounds as well so that part of his game is not bulletproof anymore either. 

Mourtada is a project and at 31 years old we shouldn't even be entertaining that. Go to the pound and find an American who doesn't have massive flaws in his game at 31 years old.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

It's not a math question! It's a fact that outside of one long kick the guy still only hits the short field goals and as discussed the long one is a symptom of his problem... that he only knows how to kick the ball straight. He had a short one from the had he shanked atrociously trying to compensate for his miss. So forget the numbers, we still have a kicker who can only kick the ball straight and hitting a few short ones (as he did in a previous game) doesn't change that. His super kick offs even had one out of bounds as well so that part of his game is not bulletproof anymore either. 

Mourtada is a project and at 31 years old we shouldn't even be entertaining that. Go to the pound and find an American who doesn't have massive flaws in his game at 31 years old.

It appears that we have no viable options at the moment. 

1 minute ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Should the Bombers have a better pk? Absolutely.  Did Mourtada earn one more shot (in front of a home crowd no less)… I’m ok with that.

I also fully believe Walters is burning up the phone lines trying to secure a kicker.

I think Walters is sitting on Liram .....It looks more and more every day that Hajrhulla won't catch on anywhere in the states, and he would likely entertain the notion of accompanying us, along the Grey Cup trail.....IF that's the case we would be awfully foolish not acquiring his services over what is available at this time.......

Mourtada saved his job in Edmonton for at least another week.  I thought Liram was on an NFL practice roster? Don't think we can pay him that kind of money.

And I agree with a few people who have commented that if there was something else available, we would've already made a move. 

5 minutes ago, ddanger said:

Mourtada saved his job in Edmonton for at least another week.  I thought Liram was on an NFL practice roster? Don't think we can pay him that kind of money.

And I agree with a few people who have commented that if there was something else available, we would've already made a move. 

You'd think it'd be a very good thing for Liram to come up here,sign a short term contract,kick solid field goals and use the extra video for more NFL teams to review,it's be a win win for both sides.

Trade deadline is 0CT. 27.......maybe we have something in the works.....???? orrrrr Liram is going to be an option we pursue.....Having nothing definite and leaving the place kicking just hanging there makes me a little nervous.....In those cold days, which are around the corner , if Moutada is having problems now....wait it could get worse....We need an experienced kicker going down the stretch for sure

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

You'd think it'd be a very good thing for Liram to come up here,sign a short term contract,kick solid field goals and use the extra video for more NFL teams to review,it's be a win win for both sides.

The last thing Hajrullahu wants is to be tied up in a CFL contract until December if he feels he is a phone call away from joining any NFL team in any given week. He will hold out for another shot for the entirety of this NFL season I’d wager. I’m sure he has plenty of tape to send to interested teams. 

On 2021-10-17 at 12:44 AM, johnzo said:

apropos of nothing, I really like how TSN is shooting field goals from behind the kicker now.  It really brings home what an athletic feat kicking is ... those goalposts are tiny at 40 yards...

I also enjoyed the game film break downs they did in the pre game show. Could it be tsn is actually moving towards what the younger demographic wants???

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

Trade deadline is 0CT. 27.......maybe we have something in the works.....???? orrrrr Liram is going to be an option we pursue.....Having nothing definite and leaving the place kicking just hanging there makes me a little nervous.....In those cold days, which are around the corner , if Moutada is having problems now....wait it could get worse....We need an experienced kicker going down the stretch for sure

Id bet this is the case. No need to force a move now, wait till the bye week and make the best move possible. Why trade an asset if we can get one of the 3 former cflers looking for NFL contracts? Why over pay if we dont have to, and worst case if a trade is to be made itll still be available at the dead line. Slow playing the hand only gives us a bit more leverage. 

On 2021-10-16 at 10:59 AM, Stickem said:

I think Walters is sitting on Liram .....It looks more and more every day that Hajrhulla won't catch on anywhere in the states, and he would likely entertain the notion of accompanying us, along the Grey Cup trail.....IF that's the case we would be awfully foolish not acquiring his services over what is available at this time.......

Dallas Cowboys 2021 Player Roster | NFL.com

Lirim is still on there.