Mourtada

Brandon

I actually laughed at this on cfl.ca:

The scene: A backwoods cabin, far from civilization. A fully-bearded Justin Medlock looks up and stops chopping wood as he spies a dark sedan with a rental car sticker on it creeping up the winding drive. The driver steps out. Medlock shakes his head and smiles a little smile.

“Kyle Walters” he says, incredulously. “I told you. I’m out.” With that, Medlock swings the axe and brings it down hard on a log, splitting it right down the middle.

“Just one more job, Justin,” says Walters. “Just one more.”

It's baffling not only how horribly bad Mourtada is with FG and convert duties but how the Bombers can't find someone better. What gives?

And what's Hajrullahu waiting for down south? It looks like NFL opportunities have all but dried up for him.

Edited by blue_gold_84

9 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

It's baffling not only how horribly bad Mourtada is with FG and convert duties but how the Bombers can't find someone better. What gives?

And what's Hajrullahu waiting for down south? It looks like NFL opportunities have all but dried up for him.

There were a record number of missed kicks this past weekend. It's not as dry as you might hope.

13 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I actually laughed at this on cfl.ca:

The scene: A backwoods cabin, far from civilization. A fully-bearded Justin Medlock looks up and stops chopping wood as he spies a dark sedan with a rental car sticker on it creeping up the winding drive. The driver steps out. Medlock shakes his head and smiles a little smile.

“Kyle Walters” he says, incredulously. “I told you. I’m out.” With that, Medlock swings the axe and brings it down hard on a log, splitting it right down the middle.

“Just one more job, Justin,” says Walters. “Just one more.”

I hear youre getting together a crew. Im not interested. 

Im getting together a crew.

You son of a B%^& Im in. 

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

It can take years and many opportunities for a kicker to catch on. I don't blame Lirim for holding out. Just because he gets released, that doesn't mean a team won't circle back to him. 

Isn't Maher still pursuing NFL opportunities, as well? 

I would think we could cut a deal with either where they play here and their agent still kicks tires, if they get an offer we cut em and they go. I think if it comes down to a month and less of football up here a guy like that might be more willing to come knowing he will be cut as soon as possible to pursue a contract down south again. 

Now I've heard it is a kicker's job,

To score three points, and appease the mob,

But you don't really care for field goals, do you?

Of kicking points we are bereft,

First wide right, then again wide left

The baffled coach cries "Where is Hajrullahu?"

Hajrullahu, Hajrullahu

Hajrullahu, Hajrullahu

Somebody somewhere said that after all of the time Meds. has been away from the game (almost two yrs.) that his hammy's are as tight as a violin string....Might be the case BUT I think he could out kick what we have currently, at least in the field goal dept. with one leg and the other in a cast...Come back Justin

Edited by Stickem

Just now, Stickem said:

Somebody somewhere said that after all of the time Meds. has been away from the game (almost two yrs.) that his hammy's are as tight as a violin string....Might be the case BUT I think he could out kick what we have currently, at least in the field goal dept. with one leg and the other in a cast...Come back Justin

Really depends on him. He was the most physically prepared K in the league, thats why he lasted and excelled soo long. I wouldnt be surprised at all if he has kept in pretty good shape. I want to say he used to spend 2 hrs warming up and stretching before the stadium opened up every game. 

Dan Bailey, Kai Forbath ... - worth Kyle Walters asking about them. They've made their NFL money. Maybe they'd come up for less than half a CFL season and a Grey Cup ring? Or after we beat Edmonton this week, make a deal to save Sean Whyte from the Elks implosion. I'm going to be freaking out if we go into the Western Final with Mourtada or Leggio as our kicker. 

Sean Whyte dumped all over us in the past as I recall....He may not pass the smell test.....We wanted him when he shook loose a few years ago and he said that Winnipeg was never going to be on his radar or something to that effect....Have things changed?????maybe and he's grown since then??

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Isn't legs a fg Kicker? A pretty good one in the cis who had 1 tough outing? Why not just give him another try at this point and play another American elsewhere 

I agree. He’s looked as good as anyone this year.

Sean Whyte can rot in Edmonton for the comments he made about us in the past. The stink there suits him well.

16 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Isn't legs a fg Kicker? A pretty good one in the cis who had 1 tough outing? Why not just give him another try at this point and play another American elsewhere 

I think MOS is protecting his young kicker by not putting too much on his plate. He doesn't want to destroy his confidence. I trust MOS on this just wish we could bring in another kicker,any kicker! 😄 What about that donkey from the disney movies is he still around???

Edited by bb1

10 minutes ago, bb1 said:

I think MOS is protecting his young kicker by not putting too much on his plate. He doesn't want to destroy his confidence. I trust MOS on this just wish we could bring in another kicker,any kicker! 😄 What about that donkey from the disney movies is he still around???

He's an ass! And probably on Ivermectin.