Mourtada

Brandon

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

It’s weird since he continues to kick everything straight. I’m no kicker but one would think fixing an approach angle would be the simplest mechanical thing to fix. He is striking the ball well. 

If he ain't got it by now, he ain't gonna get it.

24 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Might as well give Mourtada another shot in Edm. ...BUT I want Leggs when and if he misses his first shot....This is embarrasing ...to say the least

A guy who only managed to make short field goals in his 3 games and you want to give him another shot? 

At best he needs a lot of work to become a pro level kicker, but he's old and American so why waste any more time on the guy?

30 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Kicking at the pro level is a tough gig but I wonder what other BB players think of this kicker situation? I'm thinking they're thinking I would never been given this amount of chances. Fecking Kickers, they have one job.

I remember a kicker (maybe Westwood) saying that kickers get razzed in practice all the time, the whole “not really a football player” rap, but when the game is on the line and they are trotted out there to win or lose it, all exposed, every other player on the team has said to him “no way would I want that kind of solo attention on myself with the whole game resting totally on my shoulders”. The good kickers thrive on that pressure, wanting that spotlight. Other players make mistakes a lot more than kickers, receiver running a bad route or dropping a pass, QB throwing an INT, o-line misses a block, DBs fail more often than they succeed based on QB completion percentages, but none of them get screamed at to be cut after an error or two or three in a game. And even if a kick is blocked or the snap is bad or the hold fails, it’s the kicker who gets booed. Not making excuses for Mourtada, who has been objectively subpar, and it is the individualized nature of a kicker position that they are less a part of a whole unit like other positions, but I don’t think any other player on the team is thinking “I never would have gotten away with mistakes like him.”

24 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Not making excuses for Mourtada, who has been objectively subpar,

Objectively subpar... well if that isn't polishing a turd. Objectively he has been God awful. 

If anyone played that badly you can be damned sure people would be wanting them cut. It's like a receiver who can't catch or a db who is never there in coverage.

He misses to the left twice then he is lined up  to the right, i am thinking great this is exactly where he misses to...nope he misses right. It does not get worse than this does it???🤣 It's like watching a terrible commercial that they just keep repeating...

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

A guy who only managed to make short field goals in his 3 games and you want to give him another shot? 

At best he needs a lot of work to become a pro level kicker, but he's old and American so why waste any more time on the guy?

So what's the answer.....we know what the problem is but how are we going to correct it by Fri......If we think Walters/Osh are going to make any deal , I think you and I would be dreaming in hi definition....I'm afraid we most likely have no choice but to let the guy hack away at the ball...Like Booch said his kicking, other than point after and field goals, has been pretty good....Of course it's not a professional standard the way his overall effort has been...but like I said, it looks like nothing else is coming down the pike....IF his game is bull$hit in Edm. ....yank him and let Leggs do the job, then give the kid his walking papers with a thanx ...see ya....Don't know if Harjullahu is still on our radar but it appears if he isn't ,and is going to stick around the nfl, then we are back to square one

58 minutes ago, Stickem said:

So what's the answer.....we know what the problem is but how are we going to correct it by Fri......If we think Walters/Osh are going to make any deal , I think you and I would be dreaming in hi definition....I'm afraid we most likely have no choice but to let the guy hack away at the ball...Like Booch said his kicking, other than point after and field goals, has been pretty good....Of course it's not a professional standard the way his overall effort has been...but like I said, it looks like nothing else is coming down the pike....IF his game is bull$hit in Edm. ....yank him and let Leggs do the job, then give the kid his walking papers with a thanx ...see ya....Don't know if Harjullahu is still on our radar but it appears if he isn't ,and is going to stick around the nfl, then we are back to square one

I do not follow the NFL all that closely, but from reports, Hajrullahu did not wow anyone there. He was OK, but not outstanding, and unless there is a spate of kicker injuries, he is unlikely to be re-signed in the NFL. That said, unless he has a change of heart in the next week or two, we will not see him in blue and gold this year at least.

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

if we are going to miss kicks then we might as well just let Legs do it because at least he potentially has a future. 

28 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I do not follow the NFL all that closely, but from reports, Hajrullahu did not wow anyone there. He was OK, but not outstanding, and unless there is a spate of kicker injuries, he is unlikely to be re-signed in the NFL. That said, unless he has a change of heart in the next week or two, we will not see him in blue and gold this year at least.

The performance from kickers yesterday probably ups his chances of catching on somewhere down there.

30 minutes ago, Tracker said:

if he was smart...he'd get up here...gets some new film...win a cup and try again if he wants next year while Leggs learns from him